Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Monthly Games

Go down 
+19
katherinechiok
Khorkar
Tituman
poresia
WaLau
ChrisD
golf_snowman
alvin7379
missmoon
ralphlim
blee67
wilkang
daveaha
duffader
mloy
Raquel
Cyp_PGA
Duval_S
mUAr_cHEe
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
wilkang
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
wilkang

Monthly Games - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monthly Games   Monthly Games - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 3:30 pm

pushslice wrote:
+1 on poresia's suggestion

how about weekday night golf at MBGC? Folks dont need to take full or half day leave, or just knock off early, if you can Cool

wooo...night golf event..sounds like fun..
No need dinner after..just go a round of beer Laughing
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Games   Monthly Games - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 5:30 pm

katherinechiok wrote:
mloy wrote:
WaLau wrote:
mUAr_cHEe wrote:
*sigh* looks like i have to continue to shed clothes to be able to make it to magazines... *sob*

i'm there every monthly too, but not a single picture is chosen to place in the mag. Embarassed Embarassed ( someone just don't like me, i will remember that ) tongue tongue

maybe should join MC to shed clothes.........

Me too, I am in all the monthly games since day one. If my pictures are not picked sigh... I hate to resort to MC and Walau methods. Have to come up with another plan. Ha ha ha...

so it's becos of the pics that started this thread la! keke.. Embarassed
i'd love monthly games to be held in spore too..
but.. weekday need to take leave..
weekend.. think we are left with mbgc as the cheapest option.. which is approx S$130 as compared to msia course that cost S$68 (e.g. starhill course + dinner included). oh.. for those without hcp (add $10 for swing test @ mbgc).

by paying double the price or more, we enjoy the convenience of playing in singapore and can go off str8 away after the game. no hassle of car pool.

ohhh.. so many decisions to be made in life.. ROFL

OCC I pay $117 only on weekends....

MGK membership required.. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Games   Monthly Games - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 5:31 pm

better go legend .... best course Very Happy
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Games   Monthly Games - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 5:38 pm

Cyp_PGA wrote:
better go legend .... best course Very Happy

But we have to spend almost 4 hours on the road. Some people like me have difficulties in getting out of the country on weekly basis, that's why we're discussing the possibility of monthly local games
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
jhan18
Playing Professional
Playing Professional
jhan18

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Games   Monthly Games - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 5:58 pm

wilkang wrote:
pushslice wrote:
+1 on poresia's suggestion

how about weekday night golf at MBGC? Folks dont need to take full or half day leave, or just knock off early, if you can Cool

wooo...night golf event..sounds like fun..
No need dinner after..just go a round of beer Laughing

thats a very gd suggestion pushslice. abit pricey but worth it with gd company!
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Games   Monthly Games - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 6:12 pm

We can also have 'alcohol only' games. Beer, whiskey, shandy is good. No 100plus, no coke, no water.....none of these allowed.

shorthitter wil be very pleased with this one
Back to top Go down
garfield
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
garfield

Location : Latitude: 1º22´ North of the Equator, Longitude: 103º48´ East of Greenwich

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Games   Monthly Games - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 6:49 pm

just a thought. since playing golf in singapore costs an arm and a leg maybe, there is an opportunity to alternate between saturday and sunday for weekend getaway from wives, husbands , mother-in-law game in JB or some time, batam or bintan.

personally, i prefer Saturday morning or afternoon, again, it's personal preference cos sunday can nua at home and recuperate. whilst it's more expensive but with the exchange rate, honestly, it's still cheaper than paying the resort world entrance fee lor. :p

as for week day in Singapore, my thought on this is, status quo. some times GRians just post and jio others, it very much a own time, own target; can take leave, take, cannot, never mind. easier this way. the high costs of playing in singapore can be prohibitive, so meeting the minimum of a tournament group can be a "problem" lor.

peace.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Games   Monthly Games - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monthly Games
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3