Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Monthly Games

Go down 
+19
katherinechiok
Khorkar
Tituman
poresia
WaLau
ChrisD
golf_snowman
alvin7379
missmoon
ralphlim
blee67
wilkang
daveaha
duffader
mloy
Raquel
Cyp_PGA
Duval_S
mUAr_cHEe
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

Monthly Games Empty
PostSubject: Monthly Games   Monthly Games I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 10:18 am

Can there be other alternatives?

Maybe Sunday Mornings? or Singapore games instead?

If you keep making it on Sunday noons at Land of Truly Asia, you will not get people like me to join your event until our stars are aligned in a straight line and that only happens twice in every 2463 months.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Monthly Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monthly Games   Monthly Games I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 10:22 am

har noh har noh.....can we like talk to MBGC and block maybe one game per Qtr at MBGC?

alternatively can consider Sat morning instead?

you see....I am already ranked #1 golfer at home (home = wife, kid and me) ....but I honestly don think I am #1 outside....but I do think that if I play to my full potential and with alot of luck, I can be ranked #2388 on the 'GR tour'.
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

Monthly Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monthly Games   Monthly Games I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 10:25 am

Im agree with u morning better or singapore .... because sunday pm just kill my day cant practice after game
Back to top Go down
Raquel
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Raquel

Monthly Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monthly Games   Monthly Games I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 10:28 am

good idea
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

Monthly Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monthly Games   Monthly Games I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 10:29 am

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
Can there be other alternatives?

Maybe Sunday Mornings? or Singapore games instead?

If you keep making it on Sunday noons at Land of Truly Asia, you will not get people like me to join your event until our stars are aligned in a straight line and that only happens twice in every 2463 months.

The problem with playing on Sat or Sun morning at Land of Truly Asia is expensive and it is not worth it. Sunday pm is affordable. To play in S'pore on weekends would cost an arm and a leg and most of the clubs are members clubs. The other alternative would be to play once in a while on weekday in S'pore.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

Monthly Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monthly Games   Monthly Games I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 10:37 am

mloy, i truly understand that part. I am not asking to accommodate just me and make it a permanent switch. a rotation will be nice.

this month, sun pm, malaysia
next month, sat pm, malaysia
another month sun pm malaysia
another month, sun pm malaysia again
next month, sat am, malayisa...

it does not need to be a regular rotation. it does not have to be fixed. throw in a wrench at times. throw in a weekday game inbetween.

12 months a year.
1 month singapore game
1 month sat am
1 month sat pm
1 month sun am
that leaves u 8 more months of sun pm.

this is only my suggestion. No need to implement.

i am actually sour that KC made it to so many peektures of a proper magazine. That is becuz she is there for every monthly game and that is becuz all month games has been sun pm in land of truly asia so far. I may be wrong.

*sigh* looks like i have to continue to shed clothes to be able to make it to magazines... *sob*
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

Monthly Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monthly Games   Monthly Games I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 10:38 am

I guess one of the major problem besides cost will be the possesion of a valid hcp card if you want to play in Singapore. I believe most beginners do not have a valid Singapore hcp card.
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

Monthly Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monthly Games   Monthly Games I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 10:40 am

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
mloy, i truly understand that part. I am not asking to accommodate just me and make it a permanent switch. a rotation will be nice.

this month, sun pm, malaysia
next month, sat pm, malaysia
another month sun pm malaysia
another month, sun pm malaysia again
next month, sat am, malayisa...

it does not need to be a regular rotation. it does not have to be fixed. throw in a wrench at times. throw in a weekday game inbetween.

12 months a year.
1 month singapore game
1 month sat am
1 month sat pm
1 month sun am
that leaves u 8 more months of sun pm.

this is only my suggestion. No need to implement.

i am actually sour that KC made it to so many peektures of a proper magazine. That is becuz she is there for every monthly game and that is becuz all month games has been sun pm in land of truly asia so far. I may be wrong.

*sigh* looks like i have to continue to shed clothes to be able to make it to magazines... *sob*

Noted.

KC now bigtime! ROFL
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

Monthly Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monthly Games   Monthly Games I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 10:45 am

duffader wrote:
I guess one of the major problem besides cost will be the possesion of a valid hcp card if you want to play in Singapore. I believe most beginners do not have a valid Singapore hcp card.

Very true. I had my difficulties last time when I didn't have my HCP card.

But I'm always on for local games here in Singapore (reasonable rate of course)....

OCC anyone ? Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
wilkang
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
wilkang

Monthly Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monthly Games   Monthly Games I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 10:55 am

DO clubs check every single participant for a private event?? Shocked
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

Monthly Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monthly Games   Monthly Games I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:04 am

private event is different.
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

Monthly Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monthly Games   Monthly Games I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:09 am

daveaha wrote:
duffader wrote:

Very true. I had my difficulties last time when I didn't have my HCP card.

But I'm always on for local games here in Singapore (reasonable rate of course)....

OCC anyone ? Wink
Me Me..

Actually, I do have some sympathy for MC.. I am in the same boat myself..
Back to top Go down
wilkang
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
wilkang

Monthly Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monthly Games   Monthly Games I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:11 am

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
private event is different.

Exactly..with a monthly games of between 20-40 participants def will qualify as a private event.
Thus, it won't pose any problem for the non hcp holders??
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

Monthly Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monthly Games   Monthly Games I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:16 am

i guess so. btw, believe at least 10 flights should be there to be considered an event.
Back to top Go down
ralphlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ralphlim

Monthly Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monthly Games   Monthly Games I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:16 am

yes correct, for private event, most clubs dont really check every single golfer for handicap card.... at most, they do a spot check...

For Keppel, i know they are quite ok & easy going as long as you are a safe golfer...

MC - we can try to book 10 flights at Keppel for weekday game, i think that is possible...
Back to top Go down
wilkang
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
wilkang

Monthly Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monthly Games   Monthly Games I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:19 am

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
i guess so. btw, believe at least 10 flights should be there to be considered an event.

Actually 5 flights can be considered a private event, but some clubs do charge a one-time booking fee if minimum(10 flights) is not met.
Back to top Go down
missmoon
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
missmoon

Monthly Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monthly Games   Monthly Games I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:20 am

sg game sounds good..

anyone knows of any club can accommodate 40+ golfers on sunday/saturday am at about SGD100++ and with no admin charges? i will call the club for further discussion.. paiseh, i dont really play sg games, so clueless lei..
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

Monthly Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monthly Games   Monthly Games I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:26 am

missmoon wrote:
sg game sounds good..

anyone knows of any club can accommodate 40+ golfers on sunday/saturday am at about SGD100++ and with no admin charges? i will call the club for further discussion.. paiseh, i dont really play sg games, so clueless lei..

Wilkang did mention that Sunday noon at Kranji Santury NSRCC is usually empty... maybe can consider if got good rates... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

Monthly Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monthly Games   Monthly Games I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:29 am

Hi..miss moon

is there any possibility for monthly game to be held on weekday ?

so far, i guess i had miss all the monthly game, mainly because it's a weekend event and weekend is just almost impossible for me..

I'm not asking for every monthly game, maybe just 1 monthly game, say maybe on friday ?

hope admin can consider..

thank you

snowman[left]
Back to top Go down
wilkang
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
wilkang

Monthly Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monthly Games   Monthly Games I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:29 am

alvin7379 wrote:
missmoon wrote:
sg game sounds good..

Wilkang did mention that Sunday noon at Kranji Santury NSRCC is usually empty... maybe can consider if got good rates... Very Happy

I would have suggested but we can't host private games on weekends.
Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

Monthly Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monthly Games   Monthly Games I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:31 am

wilkang wrote:

Sad Sad

Looks like you and me will have to sort it out in a private game... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
wilkang
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
wilkang

Monthly Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monthly Games   Monthly Games I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:32 am

alvin7379 wrote:
wilkang wrote:

Sad Sad

Looks like you and me will have to sort it out in a private game... Evil or Very Mad

Yellow Vs Pink Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

Monthly Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monthly Games   Monthly Games I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:35 am

missmoon wrote:
anyone knows of any club can accommodate 40+ golfers on sunday/saturday am at about SGD100++ and with no admin charges?

eh..... dun think so.... how about being open minded and see how much the club charge then pass down this costs to the members?

or we can do the charity game during the weekend for one of the monthly games?

but as said, if it is not workable, no need to force. its only a suggestion.
Back to top Go down
missmoon
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
missmoon

Monthly Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monthly Games   Monthly Games I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:36 am

MuarChee... SSSSSSSooooooooSSSSSSSSSSS. Help White Flag

Help me find a club that can accommodate 40+ golfers on sunday/saturday am at about SGD100++ and with no admin charges.. then i can proceed with a sg weekend game.

thank you beri muchie..
Back to top Go down
missmoon
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
missmoon

Monthly Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monthly Games   Monthly Games I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:38 am

we just had a charity game during december, so there wont be another one soon..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Monthly Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monthly Games   Monthly Games I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monthly Games
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next