Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Abt British Open

Go down 
+8
shotah
Duval_S
siaw8
S70B
icejazz
benhogan
Right_sided_coach
Khorkar
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

Abt British Open Empty
PostSubject: Abt British Open   Abt British Open I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 9:33 am

Changing the the topic to British open... Comments are welcomed.

Last edited by Khorkar on Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:43 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

Abt British Open Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abt British Open   Abt British Open I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 10:06 am

Refer to my posts on this page. See the pictures and that should help explain some things

http://www.golfrepublic.org/tour-talk-f4/is-tgm-for-me-t3-60.htm
Back to top Go down
benhogan
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Abt British Open Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abt British Open   Abt British Open I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 10:10 am

Like us, he is human.
Have a good weekend folks.
Back to top Go down
icejazz
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
icejazz

Abt British Open Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abt British Open   Abt British Open I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 12:11 pm

I thinking nothing wrong with Tiger... just that we are expecting too much because of the high standard he set.. many pro golfer would want to be in his shoe..
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

Abt British Open Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abt British Open   Abt British Open I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 2:23 pm

Ya, his game is really in the gutters. Only won 3 tournaments since he came back. Should have won more. Not leading the Fedex cup standings by more points than he should. I think we need a new successor to the world rankings. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

Abt British Open Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abt British Open   Abt British Open I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 7:36 pm

I was surprised that even a rookie and 60 yr old over took him. He really needs to find his MoJo back, else its a matter of time some else dethrone the Tiger.
Back to top Go down
siaw8
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
siaw8

Abt British Open Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abt British Open   Abt British Open I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 8:40 pm

Tiger is just human and at times will have his off days... the amazing thing about tiger is his consistency... Period
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

Abt British Open Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abt British Open   Abt British Open I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 8:54 pm

I guess ppl here have a short memory cos they seem to forget he won his own tournament with a stellar field just 2 weeks ago. Lost his mojo? Someone is off his rocker.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Abt British Open Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abt British Open   Abt British Open I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 9:03 pm

for me, I find this SCARY.....Scary because he is not like the majority....when he hit with a miss cut like this, you know what....he will be back stronger and better....because he is one that evolve himself.
From the few holes which I got the chance to see him, I think it is not really the swing (except for drive) but shot selection...so more of mental error rather than anything severe.
Back to top Go down
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
shotah

Abt British Open Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abt British Open   Abt British Open I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 10:02 pm

hehehe... most people are like the media, if he hit a bad shot or something, there will be like continuous repeats of swing motion on what went wrong. This people is too much, give that fella a break. If he keep winning every single touranment he plays, then there is no fun in watching golf touranments anymore.
Back to top Go down
samT
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
samT

Abt British Open Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abt British Open   Abt British Open I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 10:34 pm

Watched Tiger played last night before i hit the sack for this morning game. Really feltfor the guy, so much expectations he puts on himself... But he is still by far the most fascinating player who plays shots that we can only watch in shock and awe.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

Abt British Open Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abt British Open   Abt British Open I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 11:36 pm

edited

Last edited by Khorkar on Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

Abt British Open Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abt British Open   Abt British Open I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 11:49 pm

Khorkar wrote:
S70B wrote:
I guess ppl here have a short memory cos they seem to forget he won his own tournament with a stellar field just 2 weeks ago. Lost his mojo? Someone is off his rocker.

Not short term, just selective....

Yup. That sounds very like you.
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

Abt British Open Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abt British Open   Abt British Open I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 3:26 am

Tiger is awesome, the best ever. When he misses a cut it is big news and out of the ordinary for him. Obviously he has had an awesome return from injury and had 3 wins and leading Fed Ex Cup. It seems this thread is turning a bit nasty and alot of sarcastic comments flying around. This is a forum for members to make comments. I think certain members need to refrain from the sarcasm and if nothing nice to say, lets not say anything. The "What to look out for when wanna buy iron set ?? please advise me" thread has also headed down this same path. Lets keep this forum the friendly place it has always been
Back to top Go down
yelnats
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Abt British Open Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abt British Open   Abt British Open I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 3:57 am

Right_Sided_Coach...well said. Let's keep this place civil. I am sure the forum owners meant for this place to be a healthy exchange of opinions.
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

Abt British Open Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abt British Open   Abt British Open I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 6:09 am

Right_sided_coach wrote:
Tiger is awesome, the best ever. When he misses a cut it is big news and out of the ordinary for him. Obviously he has had an awesome return from injury and had 3 wins and leading Fed Ex Cup. It seems this thread is turning a bit nasty and alot of sarcastic comments flying around. This is a forum for members to make comments. I think certain members need to refrain from the sarcasm and if nothing nice to say, lets not say anything. The "What to look out for when wanna buy iron set ?? please advise me" thread has also headed down this same path. Lets keep this forum the friendly place it has always been

RSC

I'm sure you meant me, no need to be subtle about it. I am the sort that likes to challenge debatable views with sacasm and being a military person, I guess sometimes tact is not my forte, especially towards KK.

Another issue I have is that in this FREE forum, hard sell tactics and advertising get a little tiresome. Also, I am the sort that don't like to be put down by comments with subtle undertones no matter your business or standing in the industry. I guess thats also how the other thread evolved to be more than a few pages long.

Thank you for your comment and you have a nice wkn.
Back to top Go down
yelnats
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Abt British Open Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abt British Open   Abt British Open I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 7:42 am

Everyone...have a good golfing weekend Smile
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

Abt British Open Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abt British Open   Abt British Open I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 9:35 am

Professional golfers are just like us ordinary folks. despite the media glare and their ability to hit balls like machines, they are still affected by affairs that are emotional. the last time Tiger missed the cut at a major was to do with his dad, whom he greatly respect and loved.

just like Phil whose wife is stricken by cancer, it is very difficult for him to control his emotion and mental state to compete at the highest level.

so we will never know what is affecting Tiger emotionally this week?

KK, i would advise you to keep the subjects to fact finding instead of fault finding, that way you will get more objective answers to your search for enlightenment. you will more likely not step on everyone's putting line with those tacky spikes.

May the best man, young or old, win at the British Open.

DGman

and i do agree with Rex that hard selling tactics do put people off. so best to find a nice way to display your wares without having to resort to in-your-face methods which is so People's Park Complex style. definition of PPC style is you turn every corner and you see the same thing repeatedly shove in your face.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
golfamigo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
golfamigo

Abt British Open Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abt British Open   Abt British Open I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 10:08 am

Khorkar wrote:
I cant believe it. He missed the cut! He seems to be going on a down slope..

why just circle tiger out??

How about other big names that missed cut,

1) Adam Scott
2)Mike Weir
3) KJ Choi
4) Anthony Kim
5) Rory Sabbatini
6) David Toms
7) Charles Howell
8) Geoff Ogilvy
9) Ian Poulter
10) Colin M
Back to top Go down
http://www.ivangolf.com
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

Abt British Open Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abt British Open   Abt British Open I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 10:34 am

All, no worries la. Rex and myself are kewl. I knew well Rex's approach, for me its ok. There is nothing personal and its all good JuJu. Words in form forum or email can be easily misunderstood as something else, but in person Rex is gentlemen, great guy to seek advice and helpful. He has my respect as golfer and in person a friend.

Its the weekend, its ok to let our hair down, enjoy the friendships and if time permits, a game of golf.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

Abt British Open Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abt British Open   Abt British Open I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 10:46 am

Changed the topic to something more relevant - British Open. Comments are welcomed.

Ivan,
Thanks for pointing it out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Abt British Open Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abt British Open   Abt British Open I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Abt British Open
Page 1 of 1