Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Aching Hands

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lizardman
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Aching Hands Empty
PostSubject: Aching Hands   Aching Hands I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 12:21 pm

Hi seniors,

I've been going to the driving range alot these days and I notice that the outsides of my hands hurt. Especially the last knuckle on my left hand.

Just want to find out if this is common among seasoned players. Or is there something wrong with my grip?

Of course, like all noobs I do hit the ground accidentally. Doesn't help also when I'm using heavy iron shaft clubs. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

Aching Hands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aching Hands   Aching Hands I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 12:40 pm

I think it is pretty normal for one's hand to feel sore after hitting like 200-300 balls... even for those who goes to the range once every couple of days. But if there is a particular point that feels painful (i.e. your last knuckle on left hand), it is very likely that you may be holding the grip wrong.

Find out the correct way of gripping a club from a pro or a seasoned player before you hit more balls... you dun want to find yourself wasting all your effort practicing with a wrong grip.
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
Victor3112
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Victor3112

Aching Hands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aching Hands   Aching Hands I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 4:41 pm

Most likely you squeeze the grip too tight and have too much pressure on the club. I have once my coach ask me: from 1 to 10, how much you think you apply the pressure on the club, with 10 being apply all your force on the hand. I told him 7.5~8, and the reply was: go down to 4.

THe last finger on the left hand is most like the least used in your daily operation, but it is much more needed in golf (last 3 fingers).
Back to top Go down
Lizardman
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Aching Hands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aching Hands   Aching Hands I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 11:44 am

Thanks Victor and Alvin for your advice. I asked my pro about my grip and he has pointed out some changes to it. Used to align my thumbs in a straight line down the grip. Now I am relaxing them more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Aching Hands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aching Hands   Aching Hands I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aching Hands
Page 1 of 1