Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sweaty Palms -would wearing gloves on both hands help?

Go down 
+2
pushslice
venpk09
6 posters
AuthorMessage
venpk09
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Sweaty Palms -would wearing gloves on both hands help? Empty
PostSubject: Sweaty Palms -would wearing gloves on both hands help?   Sweaty Palms -would wearing gloves on both hands help? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 3:30 am

Does anyone here suffer from relatively severe sweaty palms?

I have only picked up the sport recently and find that after a period of time at the range, my glove is usually soaked and I would have to change to a dry one.

However, my right hand (which is un-gloved) would still be wet (despite continuous drying with a towel) and my grip can be quite badly affected.
As a result, as i connect with the ball, there are instances where my grip might slip; thus causing the club face to turn, affecting the direction of my ball flight quite badly. Embarassed

So far, I have tried re-gripping my irons with golf pride ones that were recommended to me for sweaty palm users but i do not find it comfortable and have reverted back to the normal grips.

I have also tried various different gloves such as:
Footjoy tropicool
Taylor made H20
Callaway CG tech series JV
perry gear fitflex
perry gear rainflex

So far, perry gear rainflex seems to work for me as it is made from a cloth-like material and absorbs sweat well (they are cheaper too!). However, I can't find them in right-hand sizes and unless it is really helpful, im not too keen to wearing 2 gloves at the range.

Hope to hear some advice or suggestions from the more experienced players here.

Many thanks in advance!

Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Sweaty Palms -would wearing gloves on both hands help?   Sweaty Palms -would wearing gloves on both hands help? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 8:31 am

My palms are sweaty. Used to wear two gloves too. It is not a problem anymore though thanks to a better grip and gloves.

Grip: a pro told me to only have pressure at the last three fingers of left hand and middle two of right hand. I have very little pressure on my thumb and index fingers. My grip was more stable thereafter. Callouses were much less.

Glove: try fit39ex gloves.

Climbers/gymnast use some kind of talc. Have u tried it?

Saw a witb vid of freddy couples on youtube, he doesnt wear gloves and put super glue on his fingers!

Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Sweaty Palms -would wearing gloves on both hands help?   Sweaty Palms -would wearing gloves on both hands help? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 8:54 am

Another suggestion is to try wearing those terry cloth type of wrist guards just above the wrist like those badminton players, table tennis players do. Because when you swing down the club, some of the sweats from your upper arm will move down your arm towards your wrist causing it to be more wet than usual. Thus, this guards will absorbed this extra perspiration from your upper arm. Another solution is to wear those arm sleeves which is most appropriate as it could also help to absorb UV rays. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

PostSubject: Re: Sweaty Palms -would wearing gloves on both hands help?   Sweaty Palms -would wearing gloves on both hands help? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 1:32 pm

I dont know if this is legal anot.

I use a puff ball that can be bought from Bowling pro-shops. There is a "powder" like susbstance inside a cloth shape ball. Squeeze on it and it releases some powder into your hand which absorbs moisture. I use it alot when I was bowling to keep my right hand dry and I now use it for golfing also.

It has hlep me solve my sweaty right palm
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Sweaty Palms -would wearing gloves on both hands help?   Sweaty Palms -would wearing gloves on both hands help? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 1:38 pm

Winston wrote:

I use a puff ball that can be bought from Bowling pro-shops. There is a "powder" like susbstance inside a cloth shape ball. Squeeze on it and it releases some powder into your hand which absorbs moisture. I use it alot when I was bowling to keep my right hand dry and I now use it for golfing also.

Yup that works too as I was a bowler too years back. Got some trophies to back it up ha ha. But I think the sweat from bowling can't compare to golf as we are now playing in the hot sun where as bowling in air con condition. It was just to dry the essential fingers involved. Best bet I think is still the arm sleeves.
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Sweaty Palms -would wearing gloves on both hands help?   Sweaty Palms -would wearing gloves on both hands help? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 2:06 pm

how about carry a piece of cloth where you can wipe your palms before wearing your gloves? I have seen a couple of golfers doing that and also a couple of Pros as well. Though it may be a bit troublesome but then, the palms will be dry... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Sweaty Palms -would wearing gloves on both hands help?   Sweaty Palms -would wearing gloves on both hands help? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 9:00 pm

That is also an option.
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

PostSubject: Re: Sweaty Palms -would wearing gloves on both hands help?   Sweaty Palms -would wearing gloves on both hands help? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 11:01 pm

Tituman wrote:
Winston wrote:

Yup that works too as I was a bowler too years back. Got some trophies to back it up ha ha. But I think the sweat from bowling can't compare to golf as we are now playing in the hot sun where as bowling in air con condition. It was just to dry the essential fingers involved. Best bet I think is still the arm sleeves.

Might give the arm sleeves a try. See how it works. I alos use the puff ball on the grip before I swing. And I perspire alot even if I am in air-con room..Its got to do with the amount of body fat I have...hehehehehehehe
Back to top Go down
Moonfruit
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Moonfruit

PostSubject: Re: Sweaty Palms -would wearing gloves on both hands help?   Sweaty Palms -would wearing gloves on both hands help? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 12:29 am

My glove is a Footjoy Staysof... its the most expensive one on the shelf, but it works a dream. I play in Thailand most of the time and i'm ang mo, so you get the idea of the sweatiness! Upside is that you can throw it in the washing machine and get a few extra rounds out of it.

Coupled with Iomic grips, that just seem to get stickier and stickier the more i play, im loving the combination!

Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Sweaty Palms -would wearing gloves on both hands help?   Sweaty Palms -would wearing gloves on both hands help? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 12:36 am

Moonfruit wrote:
My glove is a Footjoy Staysof... its the most expensive one on the shelf, but it works a dream. I play in Thailand most of the time and i'm ang mo, so you get the idea of the sweatiness! Upside is that you can throw it in the washing machine and get a few extra rounds out of it.

Coupled with Iomic grips, that just seem to get stickier and stickier the more i play, im loving the combination!

Hi Moonfruit, you sure could have me fooled for being an Ang mo. You sure sound local mate.

@Venpk09.. you heard Moonfruit. Invest some and maybe that will solve your problem or at least alleviate some of your problem. cheers
Back to top Go down
venpk09
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Sweaty Palms -would wearing gloves on both hands help?   Sweaty Palms -would wearing gloves on both hands help? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 2:42 am

Wow! this is great! the advice is much appreciated!

@pushslice - Think i get what you are talking about that grip. Works for me as well! Is that glove that you are talking about the one thats from japan and sold in small squarish packs?

@Tituman - I would definitely try this! i think my forearms do sweat quite a bit as commented by some friends that i use to cycle with. Would try wearing a wrist band next time.

@blee2007 - I do that on the course and it helps. Very Happy However, at the range, I seem to have a really bad problem esp with the right hand even after changing 2-3 gloves for each session (100-200 balls).

@Winston - thats sounds like a good idea! Do you know any bowling shops in singapore that carry the puff ball at reasonable rates? Preferably from somewhere bishan/amk or tampines. Also, any brands that i should look out for?

@Moonfruit - Is there a particular model of the Iomic grip that you recommend? You mentioned sticky, is it the model or do you mean the grips are actually gell-like and would be "stuck" onto your hands? like those spider rubber grips that are used on mountain bikes?

I have just bought a new glove today. Bionic classic
Was really expensive!
However, the guy selling it was really pushing it and it really felt good in my hands.
Was looking at these gloves that were packed in small squarish packs but they were only left with sizes small. think this is the fit39ex?
My regular perrygear rainflex gloves were also sold out and I had to buy the 2 remaining fitflex that were in my size instead.

Btw, they are having a sale at isetan orchard (shaw) now. With the isetan card, every $50 spent entitles you to a $5 cash voucher rebate.
Could not find the Footjoy Staysof though, looks like i have to try elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
venpk09
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Sweaty Palms -would wearing gloves on both hands help?   Sweaty Palms -would wearing gloves on both hands help? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 2:52 am

Do anyone know where can i find bionic silver series gloves in singapore?
They come in pairs and are said to be helpful for ppl with arthritis in their hands.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sweaty Palms -would wearing gloves on both hands help?   Sweaty Palms -would wearing gloves on both hands help? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sweaty Palms -would wearing gloves on both hands help?
Page 1 of 1