Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golf balls preferred

Go down 
+38
TigaWood
golf_snowman
wilkang
Slicer51
kikiaw
Lion Iron
kyleyann
mizzy
hillgreen
CoRN
Salty Dog
Birdman
eiji
aural
oned10t
kian
vingay32
TheFocalPoint
mengteck71
shorthitter
FIdO
Aloyboy
golfjoy
cmclee
beerbutt
chemicalpro
puteh83
sebastianlim
Duval_S
asahi
Winston
tronos
nrafee
chapgaokang
jimmychoo
Tituman
clarencekim
peter.golfer
42 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
peter.golfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
peter.golfer

Golf balls preferred Empty
PostSubject: Golf balls preferred   Golf balls preferred I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 9:27 am

Besides the famous Pro V1 ball which is very expensive, I would like to hear from GR what type of golf balls do you prefer?

Personally I am using Nike Power distance. I buy those 2nd hand balls and try to select all the similar type of balls.

I don't know whether changing to different type of balls will give me more distance or not.
Back to top Go down
clarencekim
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
clarencekim

PostSubject: Re: Golf balls preferred   Golf balls preferred I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 10:10 am

I heard that Bridgestone B330 & E6 and TP Red or Blacks are good alternatives to ProV1 balls.

Almost as good for average players are the less expensive versatile Noodle balls.

CK
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Golf balls preferred   Golf balls preferred I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 10:20 am

Hi Peter, to be honest, only the lower handicappers can really feel and make the difference. Average and high handicappers don't truly feel much difference at all. Personally I think golfers below 20 HC might start to feel a small difference. Above that, I doubt any ball can make any difference. Fine tune your strokes first and later you will harvest the minutest difference between premium and 'chapalang' balls. JMHO. cheers

Titu
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: Golf balls preferred   Golf balls preferred I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 10:32 am

Peter, I have tried different types of golf ball to search for that extra yards but all I can say is all balls "fly" almost the same distance. Some roll a lot, some just climb and drop dead.
There are some balls that will be suit to you depending on your swing speed, your way of hitting the ball. I think the most significant different in different ball is only on the spin and sound it produce. Wink
I am now trying to play with B330-RX Suspect It does not spin like pro V1 but I just like it, maybe it suit my game.
Back to top Go down
chapgaokang
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf balls preferred   Golf balls preferred I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 10:49 am

Bridgestone e6+ for me.....drive the longest and soft feel off putter but no backspin Sad prob skills haven't reach that level. Been sticking with these since mid-June after a biz client says "want to improve, use only the same ball model and get use to the feel". Heard Bridgestone retire the e6+, anybody tried the new e6?
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Golf balls preferred   Golf balls preferred I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 10:53 am

chapgaokang wrote:
Bridgestone e6+ for me.....drive the longest and soft feel off putter but no backspin Sad prob skills haven't reach that level. Been sticking with these since mid-June after a biz client says "want to improve, use only the same ball model and get use to the feel". Heard Bridgestone retire the e6+, anybody tried the new e6?

How much is the market price for the new e 6 bro?

Titu
Back to top Go down
chapgaokang
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf balls preferred   Golf balls preferred I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 10:59 am

Think saw some at BFG OCC $40+/box.

Down to my last 2 sleeves of e6+ liao, at that price dunno switch to NXT Tour or get the new e6. Pro V1 out of my league
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: Golf balls preferred   Golf balls preferred I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 11:06 am

Tituman wrote:
Hi Peter, to be honest, only the lower handicappers can really feel and make the difference. Average and high handicappers don't truly feel much difference at all. Personally I think golfers below 20 HC might start to feel a small difference. Above that, I doubt any ball can make any difference. Fine tune your strokes first and later you will harvest the minutest difference between premium and 'chapalang' balls. JMHO. cheers

Titu

Agree! If i hit the ball badly, no matter what ball i use the ball is still going everywhere..
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf balls preferred   Golf balls preferred I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 4:52 pm

for a beginner like me, it feels like the softer compression ball are easier to hit.
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

PostSubject: Re: Golf balls preferred   Golf balls preferred I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 5:04 pm

Have tried Top Flight (Cant remember the model), Srixon AD333, Srixon Soft Feel, Srixon Distance. So far, top flight gives the best distance. Srixon Soft Feel has the additional spin. All are 2 layer, thinking of changing to 3 layer when I start to show improvements in my game.

When first started...was playing with golf balls generously donated by friends...couldnt really feel asn see the difference. As I start to play more, can start to "see/feel" slight differences....
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Golf balls preferred   Golf balls preferred I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 5:29 pm

Well, for myself, when chipping in with balls like e5, TM burner or nike soft, can see the balls bite and don't roll away too much as compared to other balls.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf balls preferred   Golf balls preferred I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 5:32 pm

My std cunt tell the diff of one to another, hit green, ball still roll fm Bedok till Jurong.....tee off, ball still play ' now you see me, now you don't' game with me.....sigh....as long cheap can liao......
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Golf balls preferred   Golf balls preferred I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 5:35 pm

chapgaokang wrote:
Think saw some at BFG OCC $40+/box.

Down to my last 2 sleeves of e6+ liao, at that price dunno switch to NXT Tour or get the new e6. Pro V1 out of my league

I have some e 6 which you can have it at $30 per dozen if you want. That is 25 % off. PM me if interested.

Titu
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Golf balls preferred   Golf balls preferred I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 5:40 pm

Duval_S wrote:
My std cunt tell the diff of one to another, hit green, ball still roll fm Bedok till Jurong.....tee off, ball still play ' now you see me, now you don't' game with me.....sigh....as long cheap can liao......

Erhh DS... your 3 word stunned me. Then I tried different variation then realised what it was supposed to be. Short cut also must watch it mah....
kekekek. lol!

Titu
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf balls preferred   Golf balls preferred I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 5:44 pm

Quote :
Tituman wrote:
Duval_S wrote:

Erhh DS... your 3 word stunned me. Then I tried different variation then realised what it was supposed to be. Short cut also must watch it mah....
kekekek. lol!

Titu

solly solly.....must be due to my pronounciation defficiency...maybe due to my short tongue.....Let me reclarify:

My golf standard which is very amateurish, henceforth does not enable me to tell the difference of one golf ball to another. specifically when my golf ball hit the golf green, the ball will continue to roll fm Bedok till Jurong.....Similarly when I tee off, the golf ball still play ' now you see me, now you don't' game with me.....sigh....as long cheap can liao......
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf balls preferred   Golf balls preferred I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 6:03 pm

maybe play expensive ball will play smart and not try to hit the 3wood 180m over the river and expect the ball to bite on the green or rip the driver to get that extra 20m....... resulting in a lower score.
Back to top Go down
sebastianlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf balls preferred   Golf balls preferred I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 6:56 pm

Prov1..

but i never buy them brand new.. pick up from bush, found them from bush, second hand ( though condition not so good, but still can use)..
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf balls preferred   Golf balls preferred I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 7:05 pm

got one question....if i use a soft compression ball (or use the appropriate ball for ur swing speed), will more compression result in less spin (too much compression ofcourse no good), thus using a ball that is too 'hard' will only result in too much spin?
Back to top Go down
puteh83
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
puteh83

PostSubject: Re: Golf balls preferred   Golf balls preferred I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 7:06 pm

Got a couple of srixons (i think it's Distnace) as xmas gift. Not bad, for a beginner like me...
but ultimately, i think it's because I've been using 2nd hand reconditioned balls...so it feels better.
Back to top Go down
chemicalpro
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chemicalpro

PostSubject: Re: Golf balls preferred   Golf balls preferred I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 9:13 pm

sebastianlim wrote:
Prov1..

but i never buy them brand new.. pick up from bush, found them from bush, second hand ( though condition not so good, but still can use)..

Hey which bush you go to ah? I also want to find leh Laughing
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: Golf balls preferred   Golf balls preferred I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 9:25 pm

tronos wrote:
got one question....if i use a soft compression ball (or use the appropriate ball for ur swing speed), will more compression result in less spin (too much compression ofcourse no good), thus using a ball that is too 'hard' will only result in too much spin?
Opposite.....

Soft = more compression = more surface contact = more spin
Hard = less compression = less surface contact = less spin

Force = Mass x acceleration
Ff = µFn
#%&* = !@*%

White Flag

Does it really matter? scratch
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

PostSubject: Re: Golf balls preferred   Golf balls preferred I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 10:25 pm

Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

PostSubject: Re: Golf balls preferred   Golf balls preferred I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 10:36 pm

Back to top Go down
peter.golfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
peter.golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf balls preferred   Golf balls preferred I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 11:17 am

Cool Winston! Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
beerbutt
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Srixon Z-Star   Golf balls preferred I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 1:51 pm

I personally feel that the Srixon Z star is the best ball I have ever used, distance and control should not be an issue with these balls, they all bite nicely on the green. They are about $60 a box so its still expensive.

On dangerous courses which are narrow or very water filled, i used the top flite gamer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golf balls preferred   Golf balls preferred I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golf balls preferred
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next