Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I like golf

Go down 
+5
iGOLF
willytan
yaozza07
pocketace
Prawnstar
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Prawnstar
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

I like golf Empty
PostSubject: I like golf   I like golf I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 10:49 am

Hi Everyone,

Been playing golf since I was a kid (but wasn't interested much back then).

So I've got my PC & basics since then but only started playing more seriously since 1 year ago. I'm turning 30 this year.

Got my scores from 120++ now to maybe 90+ and even played 88 once recently since I took on some coaching at Champion's Golf. I have what they call the chicken wing problem but problem was mostly in my short game. I am horrible at putting and reading greens. I still can't get my ball out of a bunker to save my life (imagine my horror when my dad took me to Laguna World Classic for a birthday treat).

So I decided to join this forum to get a feel of the local scene / look-see-look-see. 

Long story short, apparently I need 50 posts to try to sell my AeroBurner iron set. Been thinking of getting the new Titlelist AP2 as an upgrade..

Wah.. how to hit 50 posts.. by then, my clubs would be ancient. I also love to fish and fishingkaki.com (the largest local forum) doesn't require such a rule to sell rods & reels Wink

Happy New Year and happy golfing,
Alex
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

I like golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: I like golf   I like golf I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 11:01 am

Welcome aboard
Keep on contributing to this forum 

Btw to ease your pain
You can also post your wts on this site
http://golfsite.sg/classifieds/

Good luck and hope to see you on golf course one day
Back to top Go down
yaozza07
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

I like golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: I like golf   I like golf I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 11:14 am

Welcome!

I also started golf when I was 14 years old, was super interested but didn't have anyone to play with back in the late 90's. Only started again when i was working.

AP2 is a good choice! I'm thinking of switching to Titleist too, maybe the 714 not the 716 which i think doesn't look as good.
Back to top Go down
Prawnstar
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

I like golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: I like golf   I like golf I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 11:18 am

yaozza07 wrote:
Welcome!

I also started golf when I was 14 years old, was super interested but didn't have anyone to play with back in the late 90's. Only started again when i was working.

AP2 is a good choice! I'm thinking of switching to Titleist too, maybe the 714 not the 716 which i think doesn't look as good.

Hi Yaozza,

To be honest, I'm hitting my irons quite sharp with my current clubs. I know eventually, clubs like Titlelist 714 or 716 will be better for it's feel and control. Not even sure why I have this sudden urge to get them. Maybe left over Christmas mood Wink 

Anyone has an opinion on when it's best to upgrade to such clubs (plus getting them fitted)...?
Back to top Go down
yaozza07
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

I like golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: I like golf   I like golf I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 1:55 pm

You got GAS = Gear Acquisition Syndrome! No known cure has been found yet :p

I change my irons every 2 years ish, damn waste money after spending so much for fitting and all.

You can consider TM rsi but TM somehow just turns me off. I'm also considering Cally Apex.
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

I like golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: I like golf   I like golf I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 2:28 pm

Join the JDM bandwagon n you will be so pleased with the softness, control and feel.
Back to top Go down
yaozza07
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

I like golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: I like golf   I like golf I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 3:21 pm

Yes of course always dream of Epon. One day! 303 & 503 looks nice.
Back to top Go down
iGOLF
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

I like golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: I like golf   I like golf I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 4:40 pm

pocketace wrote:
Welcome aboard
Keep on contributing to this forum 

Btw to ease your pain
You can also post your wts on this site
http://golfsite.sg/classifieds/

Good luck and hope to see you on golf course one day
Thanks for sharing. I got something need to sell as well.  Hard to hit 50 posts here.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/igolfsingapore
judith
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

I like golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: I like golf   I like golf I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2016 3:39 pm

hello and welcome to the forum:)
Back to top Go down
extricate
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

I like golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: I like golf   I like golf I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2016 7:57 pm

I'm new too. Great to learn from all of you
Back to top Go down
weBirdie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

I like golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: I like golf   I like golf I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2016 10:43 pm

Alex, you are also fishing here! Glad to know you on this forum and enjoyed so much playing at Horizon hills last week. Your driver shots are amazingly powerful...My new year resolution : to reach the same distance as yours. Haha

I am glad to meet so many enthusiastic and crazy kakis through this forum. Together let's enjoy more of the game: -)
Back to top Go down
extricate
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

I like golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: I like golf   I like golf I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2016 3:55 pm

To be honest, I'm hitting my irons quite sharp with my current clubs. I know eventually, clubs like Titlelist 714 or 716 will be better for it's feel and control. Not even sure why I have this sudden urge to get them. Maybe left over Christmas mood I like golf Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
Prawnstar
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

I like golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: I like golf   I like golf I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2016 10:44 am

Hi Harry bro!

Haha you found me here.. Nono.. My driver shots were horrible with so many pulled shots.

When is our next game man?? I can do horizon hills again! 

@extricate - I have decided to keep my clubs until I become better.. I got a feeling I will hit a lot of fat shots with a blade-like club.
Back to top Go down
weBirdie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

I like golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: I like golf   I like golf I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2016 10:50 am

@Alex, let's arrange a game at Horizon Hills in the 2nd week of Feb after CNY. I want to challenge you for a birdie :-) 100RM!

Harry
Back to top Go down
Derekngzy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Derekngzy

I like golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: I like golf   I like golf I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2016 7:53 pm

Prawnstar wrote:
Hi Harry bro!

Haha you found me here.. Nono.. My driver shots were horrible with so many pulled shots.

When is our next game man?? I can do horizon hills again! 

@extricate - I have decided to keep my clubs until I become better.. I got a feeling I will hit a lot of fat shots with a blade-like club.
Hi there! still playing?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I like golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: I like golf   I like golf I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I like golf
Page 1 of 1