Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golf GPS Watch

Go down 
+11
milkem
jB15
hiryu
Chelwin
Jasonlim66
Khorkar
Golfzilla7
Deadkookaburra
Beneoo
escyb
alexhg
15 posters
AuthorMessage
alexhg
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Golf GPS Watch Empty
PostSubject: Golf GPS Watch   Golf GPS Watch I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 12:05 pm

Dear Golfer,

I am looking to buy a Golf GPS watch, but don know which brand and model to buy.
Don't need to be the latest model but something reliable and good. Latest model always more expensive  Laughing .
I am looking at Golf Buddy WT5 and Garmin S3.
Any bro or sis can share any comment?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
escyb
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
escyb

Golf GPS Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf GPS Watch   Golf GPS Watch I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 7:26 pm

Really depends on wat u r aft and how much are u willing to pay. Top of the line e.g. garmin s6, will give you everything from distance to green shape to tempo timer.

WT4/5 gives u distance to green shape n hazards at a much lower price.

Also consider smart watches, when link up phone, can shows distance to tempo.

Built quality is a hidden issue. My voice caddie T1 suffers from bad built quality. The rubber surrounding the watch becomes brittle n broke, rendering the watch useless. I now use a Sony Smartwatch 3.

Happy shopping!
Back to top Go down
Beneoo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Beneoo

Golf GPS Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf GPS Watch   Golf GPS Watch I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 7:26 pm

WT5 looks good and the charging point shifted to the side instead of underside which gets oxidized easily by frequent wearing...

As for the price they placed like WT4 price tag..  Buay swee..
Back to top Go down
Deadkookaburra
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Golf GPS Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf GPS Watch   Golf GPS Watch I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 3:24 pm

was using WT3 until couple weeks ago. generally happy with the no fuzz direct read of distances. however not easy to judge distances to hazards as icons are not very clear. so laying up and course mgmt can be a challenge.

this made me decided to upgrade to the Garmin S6 much superior in functionalities. The pluses for me is distances to hazards and distances to safe laying zones for lay up shots.  only minus is the cost.
Back to top Go down
Golfzilla7
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Golfzilla7

Golf GPS Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf GPS Watch   Golf GPS Watch I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 8:58 am

A friend just bought the wt5, waiting for his review.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

Golf GPS Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf GPS Watch   Golf GPS Watch I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 9:54 am

@Golfzilla7,  Please let us know your friend review.  I am looking for one as well.  I went and check Amazon, it is going for USD175 excluding shipping to SG.  Unfortunately I dont have anyone coming over.
Back to top Go down
Jasonlim66
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Golf GPS Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf GPS Watch   Golf GPS Watch I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 3:47 pm

I am using GolfShot app on iPhone. Which I think serves the purpose and it's cheaper. And if you need to have it on your wrist, can use Apple watch.
Back to top Go down
Chelwin
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Golf GPS Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf GPS Watch   Golf GPS Watch I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 3:27 pm

I using GolfShot app on iPhone too, cheap and good. Overall can understand your game and know which area u need to improve on by reading statistic( input the data yourself; how many sand, penalty stroke & etc) .. eg.. putting... driving....sand bunker ...
Back to top Go down
hiryu
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Golf GPS Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf GPS Watch   Golf GPS Watch I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 9:55 am

A pretty good article to read.

http://www.mygolfspy.com/2015-most-wanted-golf-gps-watch/
Back to top Go down
jB15
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
jB15

Golf GPS Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf GPS Watch   Golf GPS Watch I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 9:22 am

Think we have to use Data to use Golfshot abroad right do we? I usually use FreeCaddie and my Pebble watch in SG/MY/IND with just AGPS and no data used(you have to pre download maps in SG before heading abroad)
Back to top Go down
jB15
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
jB15

Golf GPS Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf GPS Watch   Golf GPS Watch I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 9:43 am

Will Golfshot Plus work while traveling abroad?
Downloading the aerial images requires an Internet connection. We recommend talking with your service provider prior to travelling internationally to determine the network charges that you may incur through using Internet on your phone. We suggest syncing with the region you are traveling to prior to leaving your home country. This will provide you with the scorecard and GPS information for the courses mapped in the country you are traveling to.
Back to top Go down
milkem
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Golf GPS Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf GPS Watch   Golf GPS Watch I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 9:20 pm

I use a Garmin Vivoactive which suits me well since I also use the watch for running and swimming.

Golf features include showing distance to front/middle/back of green, layup/dogleg distances, hole/par info, and ability to keep score.

Just a touch over $200 which I thought was pretty decent.
Back to top Go down
A Senior
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Golf GPS Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf GPS Watch   Golf GPS Watch I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2015 4:09 pm

Bushnell 2015 Ghost. 55 mm square x 18 mm thk c/w belt clip. Ebay U$88 + U$20 delivery to Singapore. same price in Amazon except no delivery to Singapore.

Golf GPS Watch Ghost_10
Golf GPS Watch Ghost_11
Back to top Go down
Clearvision
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Golf GPS Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf GPS Watch   Golf GPS Watch I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 2:13 pm

just FYI,

I have a Golf Buddy WT4 and its cant read the golf course at Kranji despite me updating it. Call Golf buddy at service center in Spore and they confirmed cannot be used at Kranji golf course.  
Not sure if they have updated Kranji golf course now.

Garmin gps watch confirmed can be used at Kranji
Back to top Go down
A Senior
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Golf GPS Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf GPS Watch   Golf GPS Watch I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 10:28 am

Ghost display hazards which, if I remember correctly, most don't.

Golf GPS Watch Ghost_12

For Bushnell golf courses...IGOLF is our 3rd party company that handles all our golf registrations and mapping issues.

http://www.igolf.com/about_us/contactigolf.html
Back to top Go down
A Senior
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Golf GPS Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf GPS Watch   Golf GPS Watch I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 3:22 pm

The video link...

https://youtu.be/vqSLG23q7rc?t=4

U stand on hole 1 - switch on the device, GPS detected signal - auto-select the course U r playing now.

Toggle distance to Meters or Yards

Hole 1 by default - tell U Par 4 or 5 and total distance, For this model, is there is bunker left or right, it display distance to hazards.

If U start from hole 10, U can toggle to hole 10 and set as starting hole.

U played the 1st stroke, walk down to ball position, it display distance to PIN, point-to-point in straight line.  Even if green is elevated high up or down below. The green has far edge and near edge. Hence it display 3 distances. Based on the distance U select your iron.
Back to top Go down
jason.koh.54966
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
jason.koh.54966

Golf GPS Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf GPS Watch   Golf GPS Watch I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2016 1:12 pm

Thank you for all the comments/feedback and recommendations, appreciated. 

Gong Xi Fai Cai to all golfers! Huat Ah!!
Back to top Go down
eltonong8868
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Golf GPS Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf GPS Watch   Golf GPS Watch I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2016 12:02 pm

Hi Guys..... Have anyone tried the Garmin True Swing??? Is it helpful? I am thinking to buy with Garmin S6..... Any advise?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Golf GPS Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf GPS Watch   Golf GPS Watch I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golf GPS Watch
Page 1 of 1