Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Enquiry on Golf GPS Watch to buy

Go down 
+2
Jax
Marcgiggs
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Marcgiggs
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Enquiry on Golf GPS Watch to buy Empty
PostSubject: Enquiry on Golf GPS Watch to buy   Enquiry on Golf GPS Watch to buy I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 6:43 pm

Hi fellow golfers,

Can you guys give me recommendations on a good golf GPS watch to get? I browsed Garmin Approach S6, Approach S4 and Golf Buddy WT5 but still not sure which one is good. Able to advise? Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
Jax
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Jax

PostSubject: Re: Enquiry on Golf GPS Watch to buy   Enquiry on Golf GPS Watch to buy I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 8:03 am

I'm using Golf Buddy WT5. It works well for me. Battery life is about 18 holes maybe add another 9 maximum.

I also have Garmin G6 - this is a little crappy especially in my home club Tanjung Puteri, B and C Course yardages. Works well on A Course though.

I used to use Sky Caddie and in my opinion, they are one of the best in terms of reliability. I just stop subscribing after paying for 5 years. 

On Garmin S6, my friend has it but battery life was not so good; 1 round max. with colors.
Back to top Go down
Marcgiggs
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Enquiry on Golf GPS Watch to buy   Enquiry on Golf GPS Watch to buy I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 8:36 am

Thank you Jax! I think I will drop by and check out Golf Buddy WT5. Smile
Back to top Go down
grwilliam
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Enquiry on Golf GPS Watch to buy   Enquiry on Golf GPS Watch to buy I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 10:32 am

Hi GRians,

Where can you purchase the Golf buddy WT5 in Singapore?
Back to top Go down
Marcgiggs
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Enquiry on Golf GPS Watch to buy   Enquiry on Golf GPS Watch to buy I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 11:50 am

Hi grwilliam,

Isetan Scotts is carrying it at $288.
Back to top Go down
Jax
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Jax

PostSubject: Re: Enquiry on Golf GPS Watch to buy   Enquiry on Golf GPS Watch to buy I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 1:43 pm

Carried by Trans View.....they have it in most stores even at club where they are the Pro Shop..
Raffles Country Club....
Not sure if still in NSRCC Changi or change.....
Back to top Go down
Marcgiggs
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Enquiry on Golf GPS Watch to buy   Enquiry on Golf GPS Watch to buy I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 1:51 pm

IC Jax. Good for price comparison. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
grwilliam
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Enquiry on Golf GPS Watch to buy   Enquiry on Golf GPS Watch to buy I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 4:26 pm

Thanks Marcgiggs and Jax.
Back to top Go down
ron81
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ron81

PostSubject: Re: Enquiry on Golf GPS Watch to buy   Enquiry on Golf GPS Watch to buy I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 14, 2017 12:36 pm

The latest Garmin S60 is good, most impt it looks great! Hahaha

I got it cheap from this Carousel seller, authentic

https://sg.carousell.com/p/garmin-approach-s60-golf-gps-watch-garmin-truswing-golf-club-sensor-121852150/
Back to top Go down
billcoke
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Enquiry on Golf GPS Watch to buy   Enquiry on Golf GPS Watch to buy I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 14, 2017 11:22 pm

ron81 wrote:
The latest Garmin S60 is good, most impt it looks great! Hahaha

I got it cheap from this Carousel seller, authentic

https://sg.carousell.com/p/garmin-approach-s60-golf-gps-watch-garmin-truswing-golf-club-sensor-121852150/

How much did you pay for it?
Back to top Go down
gino
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Enquiry on Golf GPS Watch to buy   Enquiry on Golf GPS Watch to buy I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 16, 2017 8:28 am

I got a S6 and battery life was good enough for more than 1 round. I don’t know exactly whether if it can go for a second round because I have never gone off on a consecutive. In any case, yardage was accurate on the courses I have played so far. I do not turn on Bluetooth until round is started. Otherwise the light weight and design were perfect for me. The Garmin Connect software gave me some early headaches but I fixed it with some Internet help. I would suppose S60 would be good as it built on the S6 but I got the latter second hand which made it a better buy as far as value is concerned. The form factor is a strength
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Enquiry on Golf GPS Watch to buy   Enquiry on Golf GPS Watch to buy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Enquiry on Golf GPS Watch to buy
Page 1 of 1