Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Re-gripping iron shafts

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ant
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Ant

Re-gripping iron shafts Empty
PostSubject: Re-gripping iron shafts   Re-gripping iron shafts I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 9:54 pm

Not sure if this has been asked before.

Thought of re-griping on my own. Seem pretty easy after watching several YOU Tube video on how to do it.

Anyone know where I can buy Golf Pride grip alone, the necessary tapes (double sided ones)  and also solvent to do the re-griping job? And also where can buy the lead shot need to change the Swing weight ( if needed). Found an interesting way to check swing weight on you tube without the need to buy the swing weight machine.   Very Happy

Thank you in advance for the advise.
Back to top Go down
eyz4eva
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Re-gripping iron shafts   Re-gripping iron shafts I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 10:32 pm

save the tape and solvent, and your old grip with this method.

you might want to put a PVC pipe or use any club tube over the grip to prevent the bulge and bursting.
Back to top Go down
Ant
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Ant

PostSubject: Re: Re-gripping iron shafts   Re-gripping iron shafts I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 10:49 pm

eyz4eva wrote:
save the tape and solvent, and your old grip with this method.

you might want to put a PVC pipe or use any club tube over the grip to prevent the bulge and bursting.

Very interesting.... But when you install, you still need new double sides tapes and solvent. Thank anyway for sharing the interesting video
Back to top Go down
eyz4eva
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Re-gripping iron shafts   Re-gripping iron shafts I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 11:13 pm

btw, can you share the DIY swing weight video?
Back to top Go down
Ant
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Ant

PostSubject: Re: Re-gripping iron shafts   Re-gripping iron shafts I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 12:49 pm

eyz4eva wrote:
btw, can you share the DIY swing weight video?

Here you go: 

http://www.golfbiztalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1503

Pretty easy to do. You need the table to determine the swing weight after you get the balance point dimension from end of grip to the balance point in inches minus 14 then multiply by weight of club.
Back to top Go down
eyz4eva
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Re-gripping iron shafts   Re-gripping iron shafts I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 2:06 pm

thanks bro.
Back to top Go down
sam sung
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Re-gripping iron shafts   Re-gripping iron shafts I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 12:51 am

Nice idea but I understand the solvent price is going up too and if u use golf pride multicompounds for example, the savings could really be marginal even if you ordered them from overseas. Just listened to the fitter as I was getting my grips changed that day
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: Re-gripping iron shafts   Re-gripping iron shafts I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2015 6:23 pm

Google "pure" grips.  Nuf  said
Back to top Go down
solarpop
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
solarpop

PostSubject: Re: Re-gripping iron shafts   Re-gripping iron shafts I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 12:37 am

I've been re-gripping my irons for the past 5+ years... check amazon for deals on grips. My last purchase were for lamkin grips with free shipping. Get some water activated tape then you won't need to buy solution. 

Very easy to diy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Re-gripping iron shafts   Re-gripping iron shafts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Re-gripping iron shafts
Page 1 of 1