Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Putter vs Iron Shafts

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jay
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Putter vs Iron Shafts Empty
PostSubject: Putter vs Iron Shafts   Putter vs Iron Shafts I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 12:19 pm

Am a newbie and like to know what's the difference between a putter and an iron shaft (aside from the grips)?

Can the iron shaft be used or replace the putter's shaft?
Back to top Go down
samT
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
samT

PostSubject: Re: Putter vs Iron Shafts   Putter vs Iron Shafts I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 12:34 pm

Grips are different because of different purposes. In the case of putter grips, you can find many different types simply because there are so many theories about the technicality of the putting stroke, as well as the "feel" of the grip.

Yes, you are using an iron shaft for your putter. There are graphite shafts too, just in case you dun know. It is interesting to look at the golf history and see how these things evolved, and some of them actually came back as a fashion. Happy reading Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: Putter vs Iron Shafts   Putter vs Iron Shafts I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 1:32 pm

Jay wrote:
Am a newbie and like to know what's the difference between a putter and an iron shaft (aside from the grips)?

Can the iron shaft be used or replace the putter's shaft?

Yes you can used your iron shaft to replaced your putter shaft?

do you want it to be longer? You can used your 3 iron shaft
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
Jay
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Putter vs Iron Shafts   Putter vs Iron Shafts I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 4:34 pm

Thanks for the enlightenment both of you.

Has a Scotty Bulleye Flange that has rusted and wants to replace the shaft but didn't know its replacement until your clarification. At least now I can safely replace it.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Putter vs Iron Shafts   Putter vs Iron Shafts I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 4:37 pm

the flex on the shaft is different. the tip is different and the weight is also different.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Jay
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Putter vs Iron Shafts   Putter vs Iron Shafts I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 9:11 am

Thanks DG, guess I will leave it to the pro to replace it. Looks simple yet complex!
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Putter vs Iron Shafts   Putter vs Iron Shafts I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 9:26 am

Mine is aluminium shaft which I find is an absolutely light shaft with heavy head. It's a Bob Toski putter I bought when I first pick up the game in 1995. I like the feel of heavy head. It's still with me though I suddenly lost the feel of it and has now been using my other putter Gosen, which look like the Scotty Cameron in shape only by totally different in character. That's because I don't have the budget to get a Scotty (I loved the Scotty after testing my friend's). Sad that it's out of my budget.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Putter vs Iron Shafts   Putter vs Iron Shafts I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 2:55 pm

TDO, you dont have to fork out $$ for the newest or latest putter as some old putters offer very good feel like mine, a Scotty Bulleye Flange. You may want to hunt for other old model that is affordable and may suit you. Like many have said, putters are very personal.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Putter vs Iron Shafts   Putter vs Iron Shafts I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 4:30 pm

Well, at the moment I can live with the Gosen. Got it for $120 some time in 2001.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Putter vs Iron Shafts   Putter vs Iron Shafts I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 10:07 am

What do you know, I am using my Bob Toski putter again and love it once again. Have the feel and correct distance but not the accuracy. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Putter vs Iron Shafts   Putter vs Iron Shafts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Putter vs Iron Shafts
Page 1 of 1