Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Packing for overseas trip

Go down 
+3
reallys
eden
Barnes
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Barnes
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Packing for overseas trip Empty
PostSubject: Packing for overseas trip   Packing for overseas trip I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2015 4:35 pm

Hi all, sorry if this is the wrong forum but hope for some senior advice on buying the right travel cover for my first overseas golf trip.

I am using those tripod golf bag and the top part is soft type. I am thinking of buying a padded travel golf cover to put my golf bag in. 

Will the padded travel cover be enough? 

Thanks everyone in advanced
Back to top Go down
eden
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
eden

PostSubject: Re: Packing for overseas trip   Packing for overseas trip I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2015 4:38 pm

I usually reinforced it with a towel round the clubs before I close the hood.
That should reduce the club heads from moving and also extra protection from external forces.

To add on, you still need a travelling bag/ cover for the golf bag.
Back to top Go down
reallys
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
reallys

PostSubject: Re: Packing for overseas trip   Packing for overseas trip I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2015 5:06 pm

If you have forged irons, it's always a good idea to put on the iron head covers on as well. Like eden said, I also wrap a towel around the whole set before putting the hood on. I travel a lot with my clubs and that seems to do the trick along with my travel cover. Make sure you ask for fragile treatment from the airlines as well.
Happy and safe travels Smile
Packing for overseas trip Fullsi10
Back to top Go down
Mtws
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Mtws

PostSubject: Re: Packing for overseas trip   Packing for overseas trip I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2015 6:40 pm

This titleist travel bag is good, I've the same one as well. The top part have a lot of protection, I used this bag and travel to US in Oct, solid without issue.
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Packing for overseas trip   Packing for overseas trip I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2015 6:57 pm

Put an aluminium stick which is slightly longer than your driver, and wrap all the clubs with a towel.
Or use the bagboy stiff arm protector.
Back to top Go down
dr_z8
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Packing for overseas trip   Packing for overseas trip I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2015 7:12 pm

how much does it cost for the same titleist travel bag?
Back to top Go down
reallys
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
reallys

PostSubject: Re: Packing for overseas trip   Packing for overseas trip I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2015 7:18 pm

I think it was US$290 or so, can't remember exactly but worth the spend.
Back to top Go down
Mtws
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Mtws

PostSubject: Re: Packing for overseas trip   Packing for overseas trip I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2015 7:46 pm

I bought 160SGD at far east
Back to top Go down
Mtws
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Mtws

PostSubject: Re: Packing for overseas trip   Packing for overseas trip I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2015 7:48 pm

in fact I checked the same in US, which sales about USD 250. But I got this in SG at 160.
Back to top Go down
reallys
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
reallys

PostSubject: Re: Packing for overseas trip   Packing for overseas trip I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2015 7:51 pm

Can never remember how much i end up paying for things. Wink
Back to top Go down
eden
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
eden

PostSubject: Re: Packing for overseas trip   Packing for overseas trip I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2015 7:57 pm

I have the ogio straight jacket for about 5 years and its a very tough bag, still looking good without any tear. Clubs were never damaged during travels either.
Packing for overseas trip <a href=Packing for overseas trip Ogio10" />
Back to top Go down
Barnes
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Packing for overseas trip   Packing for overseas trip I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2015 10:39 pm

Thx all. I found one at suntec near uniqlo that's sgd42 Smile it's a golf shop that sells that omega logo sport wear Smile
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Packing for overseas trip   Packing for overseas trip I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2015 11:45 pm

Barnes wrote:
Thx all. I found one at suntec near uniqlo that's sgd42 Smile it's a golf shop that sells that omega logo sport wear Smile
Yours must be Perry Gear from Transview ... Thats valued for money ... The latest design is good and practical compared to previous design ...
Back to top Go down
Barnes
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Packing for overseas trip   Packing for overseas trip I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2015 11:52 pm

I think so. It said PG on the front. I'll probably get it. Whoever needs one can go get it soon. They still have stock
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Packing for overseas trip   Packing for overseas trip I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Packing for overseas trip
Page 1 of 1