Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Playing golf overseas

Go down 
+2
nientsu
lion_woods
6 posters
AuthorMessage
lion_woods
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Playing golf overseas Empty
PostSubject: Playing golf overseas   Playing golf overseas I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 6:20 pm

hey all, was just wondering about playing overseas, do you guys bring your clubs on board the plane? or do you check them in?

personally i feel worried about checking my clubs in because i've had something stolen from my check in luggage before.
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Playing golf overseas   Playing golf overseas I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 6:35 pm

Depends on how many games you playing overseas. If it's just one, then you can rent. Eqpt is a very personal thing. Sometimes, rented stuff just don't feel right. Also there's always golf travel bag to put your golf set in when you travel
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Playing golf overseas   Playing golf overseas I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 6:45 pm

nientsu wrote:
Depends on how many games you playing overseas. If it's just one, then you can rent. Eqpt is a very personal thing. Sometimes, rented stuff just don't feel right. Also there's always golf travel bag to put your golf set in when you travel

halo, mal...

he asking whether can bring golf clubs on board the plane lah..... cos he ever lose stuff from his check-in luggage

lion,

i dun think u can bring clubs on board the plane.... u have to check-in your bag... u shd have a golf travel bag to put your golf bag in anyway, all travel bags have locking mechanism
Back to top Go down
glespaul
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
glespaul

PostSubject: Re: Playing golf overseas   Playing golf overseas I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 6:57 pm

with the golf travel bag it always over weight coz bring many golf balls heehee!! so what i do is pack many towel on top to protect club and take out driver head coz using taylormade, then reach airport pay $10 for the green plastic wrap( dunno call what). heehee!!

and yes golfbag must check in.
Back to top Go down
altheamann
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Playing golf overseas   Playing golf overseas I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 3:08 pm

I usually rent golf clubs because I find it tacky and risky to bring my own golf club.
Back to top Go down
BigblackGoof
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
BigblackGoof

PostSubject: Re: Playing golf overseas   Playing golf overseas I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 3:56 pm

Invest in a travel bag with locking mechanism. If dun feel safe buy insurance and claim if anything is broken or stolen...

I will always try to bring my own golf equipments so that i can enjoy to the fullest...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playing golf overseas   Playing golf overseas I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Playing golf overseas
Page 1 of 1