Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where to buy hood

Go down 
+3
grwilliam
willytan
Nam Flog
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Nam Flog
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Where to buy hood Empty
PostSubject: Where to buy hood   Where to buy hood I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 9:01 pm

Hi just bought a used cart bag, there is no hood.

Where can I shop for one and are they all the same and will fit?

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

Where to buy hood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where to buy hood   Where to buy hood I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 10:27 pm

I think u can go lavander area where there is a whole stretch of hardware shop one. They can fabricate a new one for u if I dun remember wrongly.

Previous thread;
http://www.golfrepublic.org/t25217-golf-bag-rain-hood-or-cover?highlight=Rain+cover
Back to top Go down
grwilliam
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Where to buy hood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where to buy hood   Where to buy hood I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 11:34 am

Nam Flog wrote:

Cheers.

Click the link below:

http://www.streetdirectory.com/businessfinder/company_detail.php?companyid=114471&branchid=247265

I have a custom golf bag  for golf iron made by this shop.
Back to top Go down
ZiDan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Where to buy hood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where to buy hood   Where to buy hood I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 9:48 am

grwilliam wrote:
Nam Flog wrote:

Cheers.

Click the link below:

http://www.streetdirectory.com/businessfinder/company_detail.php?companyid=114471&branchid=247265

I have a custom golf bag  for golf iron made by this shop.

I made my golf bag hood at this shop too.  PVC material I think - super thick and durable.
Back to top Go down
Nam Flog
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Where to buy hood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where to buy hood   Where to buy hood I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 12:32 pm

Thanks guys, will check it out.
Back to top Go down
sagiteric
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Where to buy hood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where to buy hood   Where to buy hood I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 10:28 pm

Saw this at Pan West SCC. Good material.

http://www.playbetter.com/callaway-golf-rain-hood-towel/

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Nam Flog
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Where to buy hood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where to buy hood   Where to buy hood I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 10:36 pm

HOw much retail price?
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

Where to buy hood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where to buy hood   Where to buy hood I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 11:02 pm

Yeah, I also saw it at Panwest OCC ... You can call to inquire about the price ...
Back to top Go down
sagiteric
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Where to buy hood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where to buy hood   Where to buy hood I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 11:05 pm

Nam Flog wrote:
HOw much retail price?
If I remember correctly should be ard 50 bucks. 

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Nam Flog
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Where to buy hood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where to buy hood   Where to buy hood I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2015 8:42 am

Thanks and appreciate it, Sagiteric. Will check it out today and could be my first purchase of 2015. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Nam Flog
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Where to buy hood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where to buy hood   Where to buy hood I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2015 10:12 am

Turbo wrote:
Yeah, I also saw it at Panwest OCC ... You can call to inquire about the price ...

I called, she say don't have.
Back to top Go down
Nam Flog
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Where to buy hood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where to buy hood   Where to buy hood I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 4:46 pm

Update on this:

Went to Yap Sin Huat and spoke to Mdm Ong. She say make a hood with the most basic material costs $50 bucks. According to her it is not profitable and they try not to do it anymore. I did not think it made sense to pay $50 bucks for a hood cover so I thanked her and left.

Went to Golf Direct and bought a brand new Lynx Standbag at $59. Transferred the hood cover to existing cart bag and will use the new stand bag when walking par 3 course.

Interesting experience in my opinion. Mass manufacturing really brings costs down drastically.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

Where to buy hood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where to buy hood   Where to buy hood I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 4:58 pm

Nam Flog wrote:
Turbo wrote:

I called, she say don't have.

I'll check for ya again if I goto the range ...

Anyway you can buy from the below site with free shipping to Singapore at only US$13.50 per piece ... But this one covers the whole bag ... Laughing

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-Waterproof-Dustproof-Zipper-Hood-Cape-Velcro-Rain-Cover-Protector-Bag-for-Golf-Bag-Luggage/1137657716.html
Back to top Go down
outlander
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
outlander

Where to buy hood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where to buy hood   Where to buy hood I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 5:39 pm

Nam Flog wrote:
Update on this:

Went to Yap Sin Huat and spoke to Mdm Ong. She say make a hood with the most basic material costs $50 bucks. According to her it is not profitable and they try not to do it anymore. I did not think it made sense to pay $50 bucks for a hood cover so I thanked her and left.

Went to Golf Direct and bought a brand new Lynx Standbag at $59. Transferred the hood cover to existing cart bag and will use the new stand bag when walking par 3 course.

Interesting experience in my opinion. Mass manufacturing really brings costs down drastically.
I believe different bags will need different hood covers to fit since the distance between the securing buttons differ. You are lucky that the Lynx cover can fit your existing cart bag.
Back to top Go down
Nam Flog
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Where to buy hood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where to buy hood   Where to buy hood I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 7:47 pm

Definitely not one size fits all. But the same hood fits on quite a number of ladies bags. Solaires, Panther, Lynx….
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

Where to buy hood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where to buy hood   Where to buy hood I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 11:37 pm

Panwest @ OCC range is in fact selling Rain Cover but not hood ... It does not have button to attach to your cartbag or standbag ... Instead it has velcro tape to wrap around your bag and it fits all type of golf bag. If I could still remember, it is branded Callaway ... Panwest is now offering it at 50% discount at about $20 +++ only ... Only black color available ... Grab it before it runs out of stock ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Where to buy hood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where to buy hood   Where to buy hood I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where to buy hood
Page 1 of 1