Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golf Hood Zipper Repair

Go down 
+2
milkem
garylin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
garylin

Golf Hood Zipper Repair Empty
PostSubject: Golf Hood Zipper Repair   Golf Hood Zipper Repair I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2016 10:37 pm

Hi all,

The zipper on the hood of my golf bag gave way recently. Anyone knows a reasonable place to get it fixed?

TIA!
Back to top Go down
milkem
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Hood Zipper Repair   Golf Hood Zipper Repair I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2016 9:49 am

I think those typical key-makers/luggage repairs or even tailors that you find at the basement of neighborhood malls should be able to fix it.
Back to top Go down
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
garylin

PostSubject: Re: Golf Hood Zipper Repair   Golf Hood Zipper Repair I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2016 10:07 am

milkem wrote:
I think those typical key-makers/luggage repairs or even tailors that you find at the basement of neighborhood malls should be able to fix it.
Thanks bro! Tried a few tailors, they don't do the zip. Thinking of going those bag repair shops but I think will be quite ex
Back to top Go down
milkem
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Hood Zipper Repair   Golf Hood Zipper Repair I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2016 10:12 am

What's wrong with it? Did it rip at the seam? Or just the zipper does not close up anymore?
Back to top Go down
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
garylin

PostSubject: Re: Golf Hood Zipper Repair   Golf Hood Zipper Repair I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2016 10:27 am

milkem wrote:
What's wrong with it? Did it rip at the seam? Or just the zipper does not close up anymore?
Zipper cannot close already. Basically I'll need to replace the whole zip
Back to top Go down
milkem
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Hood Zipper Repair   Golf Hood Zipper Repair I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2016 10:32 am

If the zipper does not close up, but the actual zipper assembly isn't ripped or damaged, there's actually a very quick and cheap fix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtXWGDb2ppo

Not sure what the actual problem is, but the above helped me save a fair bit of mulla when I thought the zips on some of my bags/pants/luggages/etc were gone case. Hope it helps!
Back to top Go down
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
garylin

PostSubject: Re: Golf Hood Zipper Repair   Golf Hood Zipper Repair I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2016 11:51 am

milkem wrote:
If the zipper does not close up, but the actual zipper assembly isn't ripped or damaged, there's actually a very quick and cheap fix.

Not sure what the actual problem is, but the above helped me save a fair bit of mulla when I thought the zips on some of my bags/pants/luggages/etc were gone case. Hope it helps!
Thanks! Will go home try try and see if it works Smile
Back to top Go down
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
garylin

PostSubject: Re: Golf Hood Zipper Repair   Golf Hood Zipper Repair I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2016 9:26 pm

milkem wrote:

works like a charm!!! (for a few secs) 

After that, cannot close again. I think the track also got problem already. 

It is a nice quick fix though! Thanks bro Smile
Back to top Go down
22tang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
22tang

PostSubject: Re: Golf Hood Zipper Repair   Golf Hood Zipper Repair I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2016 10:40 am

Hi,

I have sent a couple of times to repair the zip or the button on the golf bag hood to the following: -

DNF Marketing & Services
26 Siglap Drive, Frankel Estate
+65 6448 5083

Hope it helps.
Back to top Go down
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
garylin

PostSubject: Re: Golf Hood Zipper Repair   Golf Hood Zipper Repair I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2016 9:44 pm

22tang wrote:
Hi,

I have sent a couple of times to repair the zip or the button on the golf bag hood to the following: -

DNF Marketing & Services
26 Siglap Drive, Frankel Estate
+65 6448 5083

Hope it helps.
thanks! will check it out too!
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: Golf Hood Zipper Repair   Golf Hood Zipper Repair I_icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2016 9:07 am

Hi Gary, I got mine done at a shop in Queen Street recently. They did a good job of it. (2 way zipper). I paid $45 because I wanted it back on the same day. It took about 2 hours. So if you are not in a hurry it could be cheaper. Give them a call and ask for a quote.

The Bugis Store Trading Pte Ltd
Blk 270 Queen Street
#03-43/44 Albert Centre
Singapore 180270
Tel. 6339-5374 (Dalen/Wendy)
Back to top Go down
ancient warrior
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Hood Zipper Repair   Golf Hood Zipper Repair I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2016 10:09 am

milkem wrote:

Thanks Bro Milkem. Tried it on my pouch zipper of my golf bag, which was not able to close for the longest time and it work perfectly now.
Back to top Go down
benw78
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Hood Zipper Repair   Golf Hood Zipper Repair I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 12:57 pm

alternatively can try beach road army market. they maybe able to do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golf Hood Zipper Repair   Golf Hood Zipper Repair I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golf Hood Zipper Repair
Page 1 of 1