Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need a Golf Pro shop to certify iron and golf bag beyond repair

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
icorpion
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Need a Golf Pro shop to certify iron and golf bag beyond repair Empty
PostSubject: Need a Golf Pro shop to certify iron and golf bag beyond repair   Need a Golf Pro shop to certify iron and golf bag beyond repair I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 6:53 pm

Anyone know where I can get a Pro shop to certify iron and golf bag beyond repair due to airline mishandling?
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

PostSubject: Re: Need a Golf Pro shop to certify iron and golf bag beyond repair   Need a Golf Pro shop to certify iron and golf bag beyond repair I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 9:23 pm

Guess you can always bring it to any of the shops at Far East.  If not, you can check if DGMan and BFG can do it.
Back to top Go down
icorpion
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Need a Golf Pro shop to certify iron and golf bag beyond repair   Need a Golf Pro shop to certify iron and golf bag beyond repair I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 9:28 pm

Thanks Simoner..will check it out
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

PostSubject: Re: Need a Golf Pro shop to certify iron and golf bag beyond repair   Need a Golf Pro shop to certify iron and golf bag beyond repair I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 9:57 pm

Which airlines is asking for such certification?
I've made a few claims previously but they just get their baggage guys to pick it up n provide a replacement.
Back to top Go down
icorpion
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Need a Golf Pro shop to certify iron and golf bag beyond repair   Need a Golf Pro shop to certify iron and golf bag beyond repair I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 10:12 pm

Luggage bag they do but golf bag does not seem to be the same. SIA
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

PostSubject: Re: Need a Golf Pro shop to certify iron and golf bag beyond repair   Need a Golf Pro shop to certify iron and golf bag beyond repair I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 10:18 pm

Funny...SIA just replaced my Sunday bag a while ago based on a photo i sent them of the damage.
Back to top Go down
icorpion
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Need a Golf Pro shop to certify iron and golf bag beyond repair   Need a Golf Pro shop to certify iron and golf bag beyond repair I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 10:43 pm

simoner wrote:
Funny...SIA just replaced my Sunday bag a while ago based on a photo i sent them of the damage.
Wow..double standard..
Back to top Go down
jason.koh.54966
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
jason.koh.54966

PostSubject: Re: Need a Golf Pro shop to certify iron and golf bag beyond repair   Need a Golf Pro shop to certify iron and golf bag beyond repair I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 12:00 am

Claim golf insurance.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Need a Golf Pro shop to certify iron and golf bag beyond repair   Need a Golf Pro shop to certify iron and golf bag beyond repair I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 9:36 am

this is a strange request....club clubs is in our domain but bags, heck if its broken its broken.

if we can be of help, please do not hesitate to ask as we are recognised by most insurance companies and occasionally i have insurance adjuster call us for advice.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
icorpion
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Need a Golf Pro shop to certify iron and golf bag beyond repair   Need a Golf Pro shop to certify iron and golf bag beyond repair I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 9:43 am

DGman wrote:
this is a strange request....club clubs is in our domain but bags, heck if its broken its broken.

if we can be of help, please do not hesitate to ask as we are recognised by most insurance companies and occasionally i have insurance adjuster call us for advice.

DGman
Bro DGman, many thanks.I plan to bring the dented club and golf bag to your shop for a review this week.
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
freedrop

PostSubject: Re: Need a Golf Pro shop to certify iron and golf bag beyond repair   Need a Golf Pro shop to certify iron and golf bag beyond repair I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 10:41 pm

icorpion wrote:

That's unusual. I have claimed against SIA few times on my golf bag, golf travel jacket, broken clubs (shafts)....and they never ask for certifications. You just show them the broken/torn stuffs, take a photo for their file.

Actually, you do not claim against SIA. You claim against baggage handling department of Changi Airport. If you go to SIA, they will show you the fine prints on their indemnity and if you signed on the luggage tag for your golf bag, you have no claim.

So go and claim against airport baggage handling, same place as baggage lost and found.

Also, if you ave golf insurance, you may be covered too. I have claimed against my golf insurance for club damage while in transit. Read their policy details, you can find a clause that says this.
Back to top Go down
icorpion
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Need a Golf Pro shop to certify iron and golf bag beyond repair   Need a Golf Pro shop to certify iron and golf bag beyond repair I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 10:45 pm

freedrop wrote:
icorpion wrote:

That's unusual. I have claimed against SIA few times on my golf bag, golf travel jacket, broken clubs (shafts)....and they never ask for certifications. You just show them the broken/torn stuffs, take a photo for their file.

Actually, you do not claim against SIA. You claim against baggage handling department of Changi Airport. If you go to SIA, they will show you the fine prints on their indemnity and if you signed on the luggage tag for your golf bag, you have no claim.

So go and claim against airport baggage handling, same place as baggage lost and found.

Also, if you ave golf insurance, you may be covered too. I have claimed against my golf insurance for club damage while in transit. Read their policy details, you can find a clause that says this.
SIA just wrote to me on providing him photos of the damaged club n bag. Thank you all..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need a Golf Pro shop to certify iron and golf bag beyond repair   Need a Golf Pro shop to certify iron and golf bag beyond repair I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need a Golf Pro shop to certify iron and golf bag beyond repair
Page 1 of 1