Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Putter Comparison between Bernardi vs Scotty ?

Go down 
+5
bomby
TDO
pocketace
Kaii
golferx
9 posters
AuthorMessage
golferx
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
golferx

Putter Comparison between Bernardi vs Scotty ? Empty
PostSubject: Putter Comparison between Bernardi vs Scotty ?   Putter Comparison between Bernardi vs Scotty ? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 5:19 pm

Just would like to know more about these two putters in the markets. They are selling almost same price.
May i get some feedback from forum related to those two putters ?

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Kaii
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Putter Comparison between Bernardi vs Scotty ?   Putter Comparison between Bernardi vs Scotty ? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 8:32 pm

which model?
 I use a MC-7
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Putter Comparison between Bernardi vs Scotty ?   Putter Comparison between Bernardi vs Scotty ? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 5:02 am

I have used both brands and I prefer scotty

It's personal preference really

No right or wrong

Choose whatever works for you.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Putter Comparison between Bernardi vs Scotty ?   Putter Comparison between Bernardi vs Scotty ? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 9:07 am

Not necessarily the expensive putter is a better putter. Lower priced putters can be as good. It's just like buying a watch. Rolex or Casio, both serve the same purpose. If golfer have deeper pockets he can go for the brand name. So like bro pocketace mentioned, it's a personal preference. But from the forums, Scotty Cameron seems to have a better resale value. Unfortunately, I don't have the budget for a Scotty.  Smile
Back to top Go down
bomby
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Putter Comparison between Bernardi vs Scotty ?   Putter Comparison between Bernardi vs Scotty ? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 9:47 am

My take is whatever works for u. Expensive putter does not mean it will instantly change ur putting skill. But expensive putter in terms of feel and sound and quality is better.

My point is go and try them out and see which one you prefer. Putters are very personal.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Putter Comparison between Bernardi vs Scotty ?   Putter Comparison between Bernardi vs Scotty ? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 10:43 am

bomby wrote:
My take is whatever works for u. Expensive putter does not mean it will instantly change ur putting skill. But expensive putter in terms of feel and sound and quality is better.
Have to disagree with you bro bomby. I am using cheap used putters that cost me only $30 & $40 and they served me very well. One is a Taylor Made Rossa and the other a Fisher. Putter is a very personal preference and regularly achieve 30 putts or less per round of golf. I like heavy putters. Not all expensive putters have the desired feel by different golfers.
Back to top Go down
Golfish
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Golfish

PostSubject: Re: Putter Comparison between Bernardi vs Scotty ?   Putter Comparison between Bernardi vs Scotty ? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 11:19 am

Never consider odessey? Nowadays they are cheap and still very very good!
Back to top Go down
angyongshen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
angyongshen

PostSubject: Re: Putter Comparison between Bernardi vs Scotty ?   Putter Comparison between Bernardi vs Scotty ? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 2:18 pm

Ever consider Kramski? http://www.kramski-putter.de/index.php?id=38&L=1

Never try before, but after looking at the price and reading this thread. It might be a very good putter. Looking forward to any reviews.
Back to top Go down
bomby
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Putter Comparison between Bernardi vs Scotty ?   Putter Comparison between Bernardi vs Scotty ? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 6:49 pm

TDO wrote:
bomby wrote:
Have to disagree with you bro bomby. I am using cheap used putters that cost me only $30 & $40 and they served me very well. One is a Taylor Made Rossa and the other a Fisher. Putter is a very personal preference and regularly achieve 30 putts or less per round of golf. I like heavy putters. Not all expensive putters have the desired feel by different golfers.

TDO. I fully agree with you that putter is personal. That's why expensive putter does not mean they will feel great to everyone. But expensive putters tend to come with exotic materials and/or manufacturing process to enhance feel. 

Anyway I use a $119 putter. U give me SC also does not mean I can putter better than my current one.
Back to top Go down
golferx
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
golferx

PostSubject: Re: Putter Comparison between Bernardi vs Scotty ?   Putter Comparison between Bernardi vs Scotty ? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 2:49 pm

Thanks for all comments. I do know that putter is personal preference. But in term of technology, and feel that i tried for both, i found alot of similities. That's why i am asking bros here to share your thoughts. I have been using Scotty for more than 5 years, and i like the soft feel of it. Recently, some of my friends swap their putter to Bettinardi and i tried it few rounds. I can say their weight and soft face is really worth to consider as my next putter.
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: Putter Comparison between Bernardi vs Scotty ?   Putter Comparison between Bernardi vs Scotty ? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 6:39 am

My very first putter was a wilson blade putter taken from my sister's bag. As it was light and short, it required a lot of manipulation on my part to roll the ball to the hole.

A friend then gave me an old odyssey blade putter with a plastic insert.  It was a very good weight but I didn't like the contact feel and my stroke was wobbly.

My very first putter purchase was a Rife 2 Bar Mallet that was center shafted. It also had the "Roll Groove" technology that made the ball roll immediately. I was still a beginner and didn't know how to appreciate being able to roll the ball.  All I know was the big head was quite cool and made putting quite easy.  The stroke was good and putts started falling in....... until itchy backside decided to change the grip to a fat one.....  the new grip was just too heavy and I completely lost the feel of the head. I couldn't judge the distance anymore.

A pro gave me his old TM mallet and I started sinking putts again. However, the feel of the contact was quite harsh and I wasn't happy with it.

I chanced upon a scotty pro platinum mil spec blade putter which was the very first scotty that I tried. OMG! It was THE softest feeling putter that I have ever tried! The ball just seemed to melt upon contact and roll towards the hole. I was lucky enough that the owner has lost his love for her, so I got it at a very good price.

After my first scotty, I had opportunities to try other different scotties and also other brands like TM and Odysseys.

My other scotty purchases included:
1) studio Newport 2: didn't like the muted feel
2) Golo: the circular head and the clickish feel just doesn't do it for me.

Tried odyssey mallet: felt that it was light and the feel was hollow.

Tried TM spider mallet: my distance control with the insert was terrible although I was quite accurate with it.

What am I putting with now?
Scotty Futura X!
It is deadly accurate.
It has the kind of softness that I first found on my pro platinum mil spec.

I liked it so much I even bought another one to keep as spare and for practice at home.

My search for a putter is over!

My experience tells me that brand isn't the most important factor, try as many putters as you can and start to be sensitive to the aspects that u like. Find the one that you can putt into the hole on your very first try, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th tries.  Then like a new girlfriend, learn to work with it. 

I like a mallet head, no insert, soft feel, heavy head weight with a small conventional grip like the pistolero grip
Back to top Go down
golferx
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
golferx

PostSubject: Re: Putter Comparison between Bernardi vs Scotty ?   Putter Comparison between Bernardi vs Scotty ? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 9:39 am

Hi bro Denmeister,

Good say and thanks for sharing your experience. Futura X is too big for me to control it. You are right, we need to try many times and keep trying so that you can find someone that you really like it and suit you. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
swingandstroke
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
swingandstroke

PostSubject: Re: Putter Comparison between Bernardi vs Scotty ?   Putter Comparison between Bernardi vs Scotty ? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 9:53 am

I was using a Odyssey 2 ball and was not happy with it (cannot get along with the feel of the face and the 2 ball alignment).

I then switched to Bettinardi BB-33 and Mizuno Bettinardi BC-1. Both models feel pretty much the same to me, on the firmer side but provides a lot of feedback. I can gauge the distance very well with both. The problem is, I put better with oversized mallet in terms of alignment and head stability. Don't have extensive experience with Scottys so can't comment.

Currently using TM daddy long legs. I still have a little problem with distance control with this but those short putt is almost automatic.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Putter Comparison between Bernardi vs Scotty ?   Putter Comparison between Bernardi vs Scotty ? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 12:54 pm

"I was using a Odyssey 2 ball and was not happy with it (cannot get along with the feel of the face and the 2 ball alignment). "
Bro, it seems your stroke was distracted by the 2 balls. Laughing
Back to top Go down
bomby
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Putter Comparison between Bernardi vs Scotty ?   Putter Comparison between Bernardi vs Scotty ? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 2:43 pm

I am using Odyssey Versa #7.... paired with a mid 2.0 super stroke. My putter journey have tried..

1) SC newport 1.5 (old model)
2) Nike Method 001
3) SC Newport 2.0 (super old model)
4) Scotdale TR 
5) Karsten TR Zing
6) ODC Versa #7
Back to top Go down
swingandstroke
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
swingandstroke

PostSubject: Re: Putter Comparison between Bernardi vs Scotty ?   Putter Comparison between Bernardi vs Scotty ? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 11:54 am

TDO wrote:
"I was using a Odyssey 2 ball and was not happy with it (cannot get along with the feel of the face and the 2 ball alignment). "
Bro, it seems your stroke was distracted by the 2 balls. Laughing

I'm not sure I catch your drift Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Putter Comparison between Bernardi vs Scotty ?   Putter Comparison between Bernardi vs Scotty ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Putter Comparison between Bernardi vs Scotty ?
Page 1 of 1