Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

miura km-350 vs scotty putter

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
chrislzh
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

miura km-350 vs scotty putter Empty
PostSubject: miura km-350 vs scotty putter   miura km-350 vs scotty putter I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 8:18 pm

Hi. Any bros tried both the putter and which.is better.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: miura km-350 vs scotty putter   miura km-350 vs scotty putter I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 9:40 pm

I've had two models of Scotty and the KM350.

First, just to note, below is my subjective experience.

In comparison to some of the regular putters I've tried, Scotty is in another league, much better quality of construction and feel.

But after getting used to the KM350, it's a shock to the system to go back to Scotty. The feel are worlds apart, putting the KM350 in yet another league.

Some observations:

The head of the Scotty is much larger yet lighter. Requires a stronger stroke to feel the head.

The smaller but heavier KM350 will swing with the lightest of touch, giving me much better feel. I am aware of the head at all times.

Feel wise, Scotty is soft compared to most, but KM350 is noticeably softer still.

Because of the denser head, putts from the KM350 hold their lines well. That includes powering through from the fringe without getting as easily distorted by impact as lighter heads.

The much smaller head does take some getting used to initially. Now I find regular putting heads redundantly large. It's all relative perspective.

I've been told when playing on fast greens, a heavier head is better and vice versa. When I played on fast greens, the KM350 yielded much better result and I've not looked back since.

But note, the KM350 both requires and encourages a pure stroke. It's not as forgiving as Scotty. One may view this as positive or negative, depending on what one is after.

And of course, price wise, the Scotty is a lot friendlier to the wallet.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: miura km-350 vs scotty putter   miura km-350 vs scotty putter I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 9:48 pm

Here are some typical comments on the 350.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/346729-miura-km-350-putter-thoughts-if-any-on-it/page__hl__%2Bkm350
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: miura km-350 vs scotty putter   miura km-350 vs scotty putter I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

miura km-350 vs scotty putter
Page 1 of 1