Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

skip pc and go straight to do handicap

Go down 
+3
willytan
Turbo
Momo333
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Momo333
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Momo333

skip pc and go straight to do handicap Empty
PostSubject: skip pc and go straight to do handicap   skip pc and go straight to do handicap I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 10:13 pm

I took proper lessons many years ago from a pro.  I can swing and hit the balls with iron and wood. Now thinking of taking just a few lessons with a pro to fine-tune whatever is not right.  I keep hearing people say, don't waste time to take pc, just go straight to handicap.  I want to do it the honest way.... not buying score-cards to fast track.  I want to play and collect the 5 or 10 score cards.  In this case, where in Singapore's golf courses can I play without the pc?  Or is it only in overseas courses like JB, Batam that will let me play without the pc? Anybody in this same boat as me? Perhaps we could kaki each other and play/collect score cards together.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: skip pc and go straight to do handicap   skip pc and go straight to do handicap I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 10:25 pm

You can still play at MBGC but you need to pay $10 for the resident Pro to review your swing before he issues you the "licence" to play ... Usually the Pro would ask you to hit a few balls. If he is satisfied with your swing, he will issue you a license which is valid for a month only.

You can also play in Mandai Executive and Changi courses without a handicap ... I think Sembawang Course also does not require a handicap to play but I stand corrected ...

JB and Batam courses do not require a handicap to play ...
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: skip pc and go straight to do handicap   skip pc and go straight to do handicap I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 10:26 pm

For those without PC, can go play MBGC by gg for swing test.
Back to top Go down
kissthegreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
kissthegreen

PostSubject: Re: skip pc and go straight to do handicap   skip pc and go straight to do handicap I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 11:24 pm

In honesty, I am not a fan of the whole PC process.. In my opinion, it's unnecessary, inefficient, and waste of moola..   Play 5 courses and go for the handicap test.
Back to top Go down
peace2903
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: skip pc and go straight to do handicap   skip pc and go straight to do handicap I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 11:35 pm

Hope that those who dun go through proper process at least for for the golf etiquette class. It was a compulsory session when i took my pc & hc 5-6 yrs ago. Wonder if it is now? For the love & enjoyment of the game, pls observe golf etiquette! Cheers! Smile
Back to top Go down
markdylan
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
markdylan

PostSubject: Re: skip pc and go straight to do handicap   skip pc and go straight to do handicap I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 2:15 am

peace2903 wrote:
Hope that those who dun go through proper process at least for for the golf etiquette class. It was a compulsory session when i took my pc & hc 5-6 yrs ago. Wonder if it is now? For the love & enjoyment of the game, pls observe golf etiquette! Cheers! Smile

Totally agree..it's ok that one dun play well but golf etiquette is something must inculcate during the game and everyone enjoy the game.. flower
Back to top Go down
kissthegreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
kissthegreen

PostSubject: Re: skip pc and go straight to do handicap   skip pc and go straight to do handicap I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 9:52 am

markdylan wrote:
peace2903 wrote:

Totally agree..it's ok that one dun play well but golf etiquette is something must inculcate during the game and everyone enjoy the game.. flower

Yes, golf etiquette, in particular bunker manners and divot repair are often neglected.. I am not sure about ways of assessment now, but when i took my handicap (think was in OCC) quite some time ago, my golf etiquette was also implicitly put to test during the nine holes...
In my personal opinion, a good golf handicap process should suffice.. I stand to be corrected, but i think only Singapore has this PC process (as a preambler to handicap). Often times, it is usually not the lack of education, but more on lack of application..
Back to top Go down
vinjess
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
vinjess

PostSubject: Re: skip pc and go straight to do handicap   skip pc and go straight to do handicap I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 9:53 am

Turbo wrote:
You can still play at MBGC but you need to pay $10 for the resident Pro to review your swing before he issues you the "licence" to play ... Usually the Pro would ask you to hit a few balls. If he is satisfied with your swing, he will issue you a license which is valid for a month only.

You can also play in Mandai Executive and Changi courses without a handicap ... I think Sembawang Course also does not require a handicap to play but I stand corrected ...

JB and Batam courses do not require a handicap to play ...

You need HCP when playing Sembawang. Anyway, I head if you play in Msia or Batam, get the scorecard and receipt with your name on it. Produce when going for HCP test.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: skip pc and go straight to do handicap   skip pc and go straight to do handicap I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

skip pc and go straight to do handicap
Page 1 of 1