Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Techniques - Don't have to keep yr LEFT arm straight!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

Techniques - Don't have to keep yr LEFT arm straight! Empty
PostSubject: Techniques - Don't have to keep yr LEFT arm straight!   Techniques - Don't have to keep yr LEFT arm straight! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 9:22 pm

OK, this may sound conflicting to all other swing you have in mind! But before you reject the idea, try it out 1st then tell me if its right or wrong.

I want to start this thread to tell people that its ok to allow yr left elbow to bend slightly on the top of yr swing. How much to bend? As much as your feel like it. Why? I just felt that its right thing to do...

- Helps to promote better impact by better release
- Lesser pressure on yr back
- Keeps yr arm on the swing path (inside out)
- Promotes a flatter swing
- Less tension on yr body for smoother swing
- Faster acceleration of club by using a combination of yr shoulder, arm and elbow

Bottom line is that the more you try hard to keep tension to keep it straight, the harder it is your body react that counter the effect of a smooth effective swing and you ended up making more mistakes and lesser the distance

We are not pro golfers, most of us, don't even train more than a day in a week in the range. Its hard for us to have an agile swing and body. Hence, the harder we try to keep our arms straight like an arrow, the harder it is for us to hit smoother and longer. Don't forget, the harder to try keeping arm straight, the more this changes your body posture.

So, why not just let your arm bend to promote a better impact and small circumference of swing path? You still hit it solid but the best is that it you don't need to feel like you are swinging a hammer!

Why NOT? Give it a try.... BTW, there are pros that does it, and wins tournament. Conventional doesn't mean its right for you....

Tell me if it works for you!

Last edited by Khorkar on Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:57 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

Techniques - Don't have to keep yr LEFT arm straight! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Techniques - Don't have to keep yr LEFT arm straight!   Techniques - Don't have to keep yr LEFT arm straight! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 9:25 pm

More info on this...

http://ezinearticles.com/?Better-Golf-Swing---Tips-To-Increase-Your-Golf-Swing-Distance&id=942248

http://www.worldgolf.com/golf-instruction/straight-left-arm-golf-tips-evans-3802.htm

http://www.ehow.com/about_5491542_should-arms-do-golf-swing.html
Back to top Go down

Techniques - Don't have to keep yr LEFT arm straight!
Page 1 of 1