Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is Club Fitting?

Go down 
+94
18underPar
xredevilx
nkglfrs
Gofnut
Kaii
hiryu
skybobo
uluangler
butterfingers
zoticus
matoonia
antegg
replyz00
Shellman
toonified
snagy23
krone
mythr
jtek
enwee
thesportpsychguy
Najibapark
ahquan12
r2d2
jloo61
golfchowmk
Salty
bono
DLWL
Turbo
beehome
gomjgo
4dtoto
shifu17
thane
youming
Desmando R
nyisoe
HyBriD
Newtogolf
TourSwing
Itsuki
dmateo
mengteck71
Derek
abadan
Kyser
pushslice
Khorkar
bkll
Ssquirrel
Duval_S
Lee36328
piero
heartlander
Master
G_Man
samT
chinchiachun
duffader
Slicer51
Gray
Denmeister
edric
golf_snowman
eiji
haragolfer
slinger
kian
shamusan
Holeinone
Yarra
asahi
jimmychoo
iron eagle
watermyforrest
watchman88sg
jeffman88
power72
ydk
S70B
ghoonk
pug
bskt
botak
qtd
siaw8
grooveballer
daveaha
Technospaz
mervyntan
mUAr_cHEe
jaketang
DGman
98 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
nyisoe
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

What is Club Fitting? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 3:05 pm

I already checked the loft and its same as my Mizuno.

The ball flight is higher than mine also. I think my swing speed is more suited to R flex. Need to train hard to get a faster swing speed so that can get more distance with my current set.
Back to top Go down
Desmando R
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 3:35 pm

Hi DG Man,

Im currently using a Srixon ZX1 with NS Pro 950 regular and would like to change to something stiffer but not too heavy... Given that this model is a older model and pretty beat up by now, would you advise for me to come to you with this set of look for a newer technology set before i start working on the shaft?

Why do i decide on stiff shaft is also because recently i stumbled upon a friend who is using SR flex for his TM superfast and it works well and i also gotten a 2 wood with a stiff shaft and it works very well Smile and these only happend a couple of weeks ago hence this post...

Let me know what is required cheers!
Back to top Go down
youming
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 11:34 pm

Hi, niysoe

my case same as you. I old set is Wilson Di9 with R graphite shaft, the short iron is ok, but once full swing for long iron, it always slice. I can feel that the club head like can not follow the shaft ( a bit open when hit the ball). If slow swing speed it is good. I have ordered a Mizuno JPX800 with DL XP R300 shaft, but feel long iron all short and 4, 5 and 6 almost same distance. How is your Mizuno set? have you got fitting?

Thanks!

YM
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 12:34 am

Desmando R wrote:
Hi DG Man,

Im currently using a Srixon ZX1 with NS Pro 950 regular and would like to change to something stiffer but not too heavy... Given that this model is a older model and pretty beat up by now, would you advise for me to come to you with this set of look for a newer technology set before i start working on the shaft?

Why do i decide on stiff shaft is also because recently i stumbled upon a friend who is using SR flex for his TM superfast and it works well and i also gotten a 2 wood with a stiff shaft and it works very well Smile and these only happend a couple of weeks ago hence this post...

Let me know what is required cheers!

if the set is pretty used and the order of the day is to save money, you may want to consider switching to NS Pro 950 in stiff or even SR.

if your 7 iron can carry 150 or more stiff is going to be suitable, if its around 140 , then you may want to consider SR. you can call Yen Ling at 64712272 to check out used shafts availability.

i will be away doing some demos and meeting with my KL friends Nicasio and Botak for the next 2 days.

cheers.....DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Desmando R
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 9:35 am

[quote="DGman"]
Quote :

if the set is pretty used and the order of the day is to save money, you may want to consider switching to NS Pro 950 in stiff or even SR.

if your 7 iron can carry 150 or more stiff is going to be suitable, if its around 140 , then you may want to consider SR. you can call Yen Ling at 64712272 to check out used shafts availability.

i will be away doing some demos and meeting with my KL friends Nicasio and Botak for the next 2 days.

cheers.....DGman

Hi DGman,

Unable to send PM and have not chalked up enough post...Sad

Yes my 7I is 150m and also i do not have a very text book swing... Playing for 3 yrs, i have never altered my clubs till recently i tried to adjust the lie and loft. All along i have been blaming the golfers instead of the equiptments.... Being able to play pretty averagely probably shows that im doing someting right in my lousy swing so i would like to make an appointment with you to review my entire bag... provided this is possible? Let me know when you are back.

Thanks alot

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
thane
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 3:52 pm

Hi there, anyone knows where i can go for titleist fittings ?
Back to top Go down
shifu17
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
shifu17

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 11:11 am

i'm a beginner, started playing about 5mths ago.. how do we know when we should be going for fitting? some people tell me to go even at the start..some people say go much later..some say don't bother... o_O
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 11:15 am

get fit when your swing is consistent.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 11:28 am

anyone can go for fitting but not everyone should get fitted..sounds familiar?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 11:31 am

I am almost fit for fitting. haha. stopped buying and spent the money on training. After 6 months, the result looks good.

Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 11:45 am

eiji wrote:

I agreed with eiji. You cannot get fit if your swing is still inconsistent. I still remember DGman told me to play more when I ask for fitting on my very 1st appointment with him Embarassed Embarassed lol!
Back to top Go down
shifu17
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
shifu17

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 11:57 am

lol ok. i'll be posting my swing vid in a few days..(when i'm allowed to post video links lol..forum says must wait 5 days or 7 days before i can post vid something like that). hopefully can get some tips on improving then Smile
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 12:03 pm

DGman wrote:

LOL, more like not everyone will be fitted....LOL Laughing
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 12:13 pm

Slicer51 wrote:
eiji wrote:

I agreed with eiji. You cannot get fit if your swing is still inconsistent. I still remember DGman told me to play more when I ask for fitting on my very 1st appointment with him Embarassed Embarassed lol!

Slicer, he ask u play more means u quite good. DGman told me to get a coach. Then i want change grip, he told me change 7I to try Sad
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 12:40 pm

shifu17 wrote:
lol ok. i'll be posting my swing vid in a few days..(when i'm allowed to post video links lol..forum says must wait 5 days or 7 days before i can post vid something like that). hopefully can get some tips on improving then Smile

see a coach, get on a lesson plan. swing vids aren't accurate if the angle of the video taken is not exactly aligned right.

i started this game in september 2009. I am still seeing a coach.(mostly because i still suck)
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 12:42 pm

4dtoto wrote:
DGman wrote:

LOL, more like not everyone will be fitted....LOL Laughing

Nowadays got stock, but no time.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 1:11 pm

At least you are better than me "got stock got time, but I no talent."
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 2:32 pm

Got Stock, Got Time, Got No Money
Back to top Go down
kian
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
kian

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 2:37 pm

Bob is an exceptional case...he likes to keep his money In the form of unencashed winning 4d/toto tickets....
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 2:43 pm

I like to treat Sing Pool counters as my ATM....lol...
Back to top Go down
gomjgo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 2:44 pm

kian wrote:
Bob is an exceptional case...he likes to keep his money In the form of unencashed winning 4d/toto tickets....

Then he must be damn loaded, as winning tickets have expiry date to claim prize $$. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 8:30 am

Hi folks,

This is quite a good article written by Tom Wishon.

I tried to copy and paste it here but the formatting of the article just went haywire.

The article talks about the importance of clubfitting for mid to high handicappers as compared to a low handicapper.

See if it makes sense.

http://wishongolf.com/custom-clubfitting-is-more-beneficial-for-mid-high-handicap-than-low-handicap-golfers/
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 9:10 am

http://wishongolf.com/custom-clubfitting-is-more-beneficial-for-mid-high-handicap-than-low-handicap-golfers/

I agree with the above article totally. However, I also wish to add that the writer assumes that the mid to high handicapper already has a steady swing. There are many in this forum (including myself) who do not have what people can even call a swing (but think we have) and we therefore do not even fall into the mid to high handicapper range.

Before we make a beeline rush to the fitters, we must be realistic and see if we have what we can call a swing. I know I don't have but after seeing a pro for the last 6 months, my swing is slowly but surely forming and soon I will join the ranks of the high handicappers (albeit having a handicap issued to me for 2 years already).

Hopefully I will be fit for fitting (FFF) in another 2 months.....I already know 80% which set of irons I will be getting fitted to Wink Hopefully will have stock by then
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: What's your driver loft and what's your driver clubhead speed?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 9:13 am

That's a good article, Denmeister.

I am often amazed at the number of 9.5 and 8.5 degree drivers on this forum, while at the same time, people stating their driver club head speed is 90+mph, and their distance is around 200m. This part of the article explains my amazement, repeating a point I have often read in club-fitting articles. Highlights by me.

===========================================
Driver and Wood Loft

It is estimated that at least 90% of all middle and high handicap golfers are not playing with enough loft on their driver to fully maximize their distance off the tee. If your driver swing speed is 90mph or lower, 90% of you are going to need a driver loft of 12, 13 or 14 degrees to be able to achieve the launch angle that will keep the ball in the air long enough to carry the ball as far as your swing speed will allow. See the accompanying chart for a very general recommendation of driver loft vs swing speed.

Driver Swing Speed Driver Loft

50 mph 15 – 17 degs
60mph 14-16 degs
70mph 13 – 15 degs
80mph 12 – 14 degs
90 mph 11-13 degs
100mph 9.5 – 11.5 degs
110 mph 8 – 10 degs
Ranges are offered because of differences in the angle of attack with the clubhead into the ball. When the angle of attack is downward, more loft is required. When the angle of attack is upward, less loft is needed.

==========================================

So... that would seem to suggest that one needs to swing at least 100mph for 9.5 degree and above 100mph for 8.5 degree, at least according to this hack (with my tongue firmly in cheek) called Tom Wishon.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 9:18 am

This post by bro seebayho serves to illustrate the point.

seebayho wrote:
After reading about cutting the length and increasing the loft in this forum.
I experiment it with a 11.5* driver and 44.5 inch shaft.
My fairway accuracy went up to almost 100%!
Not much lost in distance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is Club Fitting?
Page 8 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next