Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is Club Fitting?

Go down 
+94
18underPar
xredevilx
nkglfrs
Gofnut
Kaii
hiryu
skybobo
uluangler
butterfingers
zoticus
matoonia
antegg
replyz00
Shellman
toonified
snagy23
krone
mythr
jtek
enwee
thesportpsychguy
Najibapark
ahquan12
r2d2
jloo61
golfchowmk
Salty
bono
DLWL
Turbo
beehome
gomjgo
4dtoto
shifu17
thane
youming
Desmando R
nyisoe
HyBriD
Newtogolf
TourSwing
Itsuki
dmateo
mengteck71
Derek
abadan
Kyser
pushslice
Khorkar
bkll
Ssquirrel
Duval_S
Lee36328
piero
heartlander
Master
G_Man
samT
chinchiachun
duffader
Slicer51
Gray
Denmeister
edric
golf_snowman
eiji
haragolfer
slinger
kian
shamusan
Holeinone
Yarra
asahi
jimmychoo
iron eagle
watermyforrest
watchman88sg
jeffman88
power72
ydk
S70B
ghoonk
pug
bskt
botak
qtd
siaw8
grooveballer
daveaha
Technospaz
mervyntan
mUAr_cHEe
jaketang
DGman
98 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

What is Club Fitting? - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 6:42 am

DLWL wrote:
Hi all,

just have some questions with regards to club fitting.

I recently bought a set of Callaway X20. Steel uniflex shafts.

getting consistent hits already. however, since its a GI set, there is quite alot of offset.

Just wondering, since its a stainless steel head.

Can it still be fitted?

thanks!

You can only change length, shaft and grip size. Only lie cannot adjust.
Back to top Go down
bono
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Thank you note   What is Club Fitting? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 4:16 pm

Just wanted to borrow this thread to thank Eric for his patience in coaching and generous sharing yesterday. I walked away with many things i can work on to improve.

Looking forward to collecting my black hawk 5 (note my signature is updated before it is physically in my bag hahaha) and also share feedback on my 7i wth u after the game tomorrow.

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 2:36 pm

Finally, I have been fitted......

I took a unscheduled visit to the boss last friday and many thanks to Eric (aka Dgman), I was given a small window of opportunity on his late evening schedules. I was expecting to be fitted but I walk away with a sense of fulfillment and understanding of my own swing mechanics. The result, a set of SF shafts for my ever loving Tourstage Z101 but most importantly, a key on how to work and feel my swing that will help me to obtained better compressions, distance and accuracy on my swing to avoid duff and thin shots.

Many thanks Eric. The session was fantastic, I went today to range and tested my new improved swing. I was ecstatic. I was hitting very well and each shots, I felt the connection on my up swing right to compression and follow through. Its so simple and yet so effective, that I was literally amazed with the range outcome.

I am happy golfer....
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 2:47 pm

Khorkar wrote:

I took a unscheduled visit to the boss last friday and many thanks to Eric (aka Dgman), I was given a small window of opportunity on his late evening schedules. I was expecting to be fitted but I walk away with a sense of fulfillment and understanding of my own swing mechanics. The result, a set of SF shafts for my ever loving Tourstage Z101 but most importantly, a key on how to work and feel my swing that will help me to obtained better compressions, distance and accuracy on my swing to avoid duff and thin shots.

Many thanks Eric. The session was fantastic, I went today to range and tested my new improved swing. I was ecstatic. I was hitting very well and each shots, I felt the connection on my up swing right to compression and follow through. Its so simple and yet so effective, that I was literally amazed with the range outcome.

I am happy golfer....

that set of Z101 has won many battles......

u will vanquish your opponents very soon.....

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Salty
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Salty

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 3:23 pm

Eric is the man.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 6:11 pm

slinger wrote:
Khorkar wrote:

I am happy golfer....

Very Happy

Hard to keep up with your standards... too much pressure. If only i can meet and achieve half of your ability....
Back to top Go down
golfchowmk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
golfchowmk

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 6:28 pm

Khorkar wrote:
slinger wrote:
Khorkar wrote:

I am happy golfer....

Very Happy

Hard to keep up with your standards... too much pressure. If only i can meet and achieve half of your ability....

Wow lucky man tmr i cant join you. if not i will kena slaughter by this set. hahahaha...
Back to top Go down
jloo61
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 1:48 am

excellent, write up.
Remember Golfers, personnal specs is very very important.
Know ur swing type n style.
Back to top Go down
r2d2
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 2:22 pm

Should I go for fitting if I am going to get a new set of golf irons?

Started learning for abt 3 mths and only played my 2nd game so far. :p
Back to top Go down
ahquan12
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 11:54 am

Hi guys,

I am new here.

Just want to know besides Ping and TM, what are brands of irons can available for fitting?

Kindly advise a newbie..Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Najibapark
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Najibapark

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 11:56 am

You can fit for bfg irons!
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 10:34 am

ahquan12 wrote:
Hi guys,

I am new here.

Just want to know besides Ping and TM, what are brands of irons can available for fitting?

Kindly advise a newbie..Thanks!

You can get fitted for anything you want. Just visit a qualified fitter and get them to analyze you. Contact DGman, he'll help you.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 12:05 pm

fitting is a discovery process, usually its not about getting new equipment but the result is well worth the adventure.

i have seen many GRians who started at the century mark and has now gone to the 80s. at the end of the spectrum is a golfer who got his Thai Tour card.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
thesportpsychguy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 4:28 pm

I am sure the fitting process has an impact on the mental game as well...
Back to top Go down
http://www.emergeperformance.net
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 5:36 pm

Yes, it may as one have no more excuse saying it is the club fault when one cannot play well. It also give one confidence when you address as one know everything is good to go.

Back to top Go down
ahquan12
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 2:01 pm

DGman wrote:
fitting is a discovery process, usually its not about getting new equipment but the result is well worth the adventure.

i have seen many GRians who started at the century mark and has now gone to the 80s. at the end of the spectrum is a golfer who got his Thai Tour card.

DGman

bro can pm me ur ctc?
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 2:04 pm

ahquan12 wrote:
DGman wrote:

DGman

bro can pm me ur ctc?
U can get DGman aka Eric at this place.

Big Fish Golf
Blk 1003 Bukit Merah Central #03-11
Tel: 6471 2272
Email: golf@bigfishes.com

But beware of what u touched.....
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 11:36 pm

enwee wrote:
ahquan12 wrote:
DGman wrote:

DGman

bro can pm me ur ctc?

Big Fish Golf

someone came in looking for a hybrid shaft...he left with a fairway wood shaft, a hybrid shaft, a zen putter and a BFG wedge....and i did not try and sell him anything...everything was he asked and i hand over.....

but for someone who played for 6 months plus and shoot 86, he deserved to pamper himself...
Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 12:29 am

Wow... 6 mths and now 86....
Back to top Go down
mythr
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 12:33 am

DGman wrote:
enwee wrote:
ahquan12 wrote:
DGman wrote:

DGman

bro can pm me ur ctc?

Big Fish Golf

someone came in looking for a hybrid shaft...he left with a fairway wood shaft, a hybrid shaft, a zen putter and a BFG wedge....and i did not try and sell him anything...everything was he asked and i hand over.....

but for someone who played for 6 months plus and shoot 86, he deserved to pamper himself...

My utmost gratitute for your time today Eric.

The wedge is FANTASTIC! have tested tons of wedges and nothing comes close. Hit the range straight after i got it and found the 80m and 50m pin easily. if there's 1 wedge to rule them all THis is IT!

Zen putter = Speechless. Smooth. Felt 人剑和一 once i test it (MUCH better feel than The Scotty which surprised me)

The wood and hybrid shaft still not used to it cause weight difference but the few shots that made good impact = can foresee more regulations.

Eric's product and experience is second to none. One look at your swing and he knows what works for you. The products he carries sells for themselves seriously (I dun get commission for saying this Razz )

Today's spending ends my search for equipments thanks to Eric Beer

Thanks again Eric!

With Blessings,
Eddy Ow

P.S Post score pressure me... affraid
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 8:38 am

DGman wrote:
enwee wrote:
ahquan12 wrote:
DGman wrote:

DGman

bro can pm me ur ctc?

Big Fish Golf

Boss,

We all knew you never offer to sell any of your stuff at anytime. I still remember we I am there, a gentleman come in and say that there seems to be a problem with his BF iron lie angle as he is hooking or pulling his shots.

Less then 5 mins, after you review his swing. Every shots gone straight as an arrow. No lie angle problem at all. He walked out happily cheers

Back to top Go down
krone
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 1:53 am

DGman wrote:

hi boss,

im currently using a graphite shaft callaway x-24. was advised to change to steel shaft. was actually considering changing to the x-hot steel shaft irons. Started reading this thread and couldnt stop until i finished reading everything. In the end im still at a loss as to whether i shld buy the set then go for fitting at ur place or shld i get a set from u straight... am totally confident my driver swing is not FFF yet but i think my iron swing shld be... Please advise... Thank you so much boss...

cheers
Back to top Go down
snagy23
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
snagy23

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 6:24 am

krone wrote:
DGman wrote:

hi boss,

im currently using a graphite shaft callaway x-24. was advised to change to steel shaft. was actually considering changing to the x-hot steel shaft irons. Started reading this thread and couldnt stop until i finished reading everything. In the end im still at a loss as to whether i shld buy the set then go for fitting at ur place or shld i get a set from u straight... am totally confident my driver swing is not FFF yet but i think my iron swing shld be... Please advise... Thank you so much boss...

cheers

Hey bro,

Just make an appointment and visit eric, than you will know what is good for you.
He can lend you a test club so u can visit range or green to test them out.
Honestly, i am very happy with what i have, as i have been changing equipment now and then to get the right fit.
for the bfg irons, it is for me one of the best investment.
I was hitting alot of shots to the right and thought that it was the lie angle problem.
So eric promptly told me was my foot alignment which was wrong, once that is corrected i am hitting straight shots.
other time i visited him for putting problem, he look at it and say it is my putting swing which was the problem.
I thought of buying the zen putter off maybe can solve my problem, eric refuse to sell it, tell me to go putt properly, and its not the puttter's problem.
one of the most honest and frank guy who push away businesses.
Cheers!
oops, sorry to get carried away with a long reply! ahahaha
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 9:46 am

snagy23 wrote:
krone wrote:
DGman wrote:

hi boss,

cheers

Hey bro,

Just make an appointment and visit eric, than you will know what is good for you.
He can lend you a test club so u can visit range or green to test them out.
Honestly, i am very happy with what i have, as i have been changing equipment now and then to get the right fit.
for the bfg irons, it is for me one of the best investment.
I was hitting alot of shots to the right and thought that it was the lie angle problem.
So eric promptly told me was my foot alignment which was wrong, once that is corrected i am hitting straight shots.
other time i visited him for putting problem, he look at it and say it is my putting swing which was the problem.
I thought of buying the zen putter off maybe can solve my problem, eric refuse to sell it, tell me to go putt properly, and its not the puttter's problem.
one of the most honest and frank guy who push away businesses.
Cheers!
oops, sorry to get carried away with a long reply! ahahaha

Plus one
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 10:12 am

krone wrote:
DGman wrote:

hi boss,

cheers

fix an appointment, come and sort out if steel or graphite works better.....most of the time it's a total weight issue...

Swing Analysis Booking

hope it helps....DGman
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is Club Fitting?   What is Club Fitting? - Page 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is Club Fitting?
Page 10 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next