Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NSRCC member

Go down 
+19
beehome
newbiegolfie
skybobo
asahi
seowgolf
burnergolfer
Beneoo
bomby
Gofnut
slinger
blee67
pocketace
poresia
kkhh1978
Yz426
ChrisD
chien
wilier izoard
steven_koh
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
steven_koh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
steven_koh

NSRCC member  Empty
PostSubject: NSRCC member    NSRCC member  I_icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 10:32 am

Think of renew my NSRCC member as due soon .
New renewal fee stay the same 2400 5 yr but after July they close the airforce n par 3 will extend 3 more yr on membership mean 
If I sign now $2400 = 8yr!!!
Or wait and see what the new rate after July ??
Wat your pick?

"The Changi Airport expansion and road works in 2014 will affect NSRCC’s Air Force course and part of the executive golf course. Part of the leasehold land will also be affected when more land is required for road works in 2018 and drainage works in 2024. The last day of play at the Air Force Course will be on 13 July 2014.
Despite the concerns arising from this, the Club strives to maintain 18-holes playable and re-develop its facilities to reach out to the greater spectrum of NSmen. 
In view that our members may be inconvenienced during the redevelopment period, the Club will be implementing the following measures as a good-will gesture. 
• Green Fees Adjustment
- $15 reduction on green fee for 18-holes. 
- $7 reduction on green fee for 9-holes
Effective period from 1 July 2014 to 30 June 2017.
• Membership Term Extension
- Up to 36 months free membership extension for existing and new members
For any active memberships that run through the intensive redevelopment period from 1 July 2014 to 30 June 2017, members will be entitled to 1-for-1 membership extension. 
In the Meantime, NSRCC will continue its efforts to complete the on-going strategic review and carry out the various implementations that are part of the redevelopment. 
Members will be updated on a timely manner as soon as details are available on these plans."
Back to top Go down
wilier izoard
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
wilier izoard

NSRCC member  Empty
PostSubject: Re: NSRCC member    NSRCC member  I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 7:53 am

So should wait till July ?
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

NSRCC member  Empty
PostSubject: Re: NSRCC member    NSRCC member  I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 10:35 am

... why nobody responded...?

IMHO Steven, this deal is really very attractive..

$2,400 for 8 years.. Less than $40 / game all in... 

But, as with all clubs, it will finally boils down to where your kakis are playing and how often you use the course.. 

For me, it's been money losing right from first day cos I hardly play @ nsrcc.. So no matter how cheap / attractive, I won't extend..

Share with us your decision eventually..

cheers
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

NSRCC member  Empty
PostSubject: Re: NSRCC member    NSRCC member  I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 11:25 am

clown Why will u need Nsrcc if U have TMCC .. geek
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

NSRCC member  Empty
PostSubject: Re: NSRCC member    NSRCC member  I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 11:28 am

ChrisD wrote:

Because good golfers like you don't wanna play with me at tmcc la....  Crying or Very sad 

When's our next game ???!!!   Laughing
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

NSRCC member  Empty
PostSubject: Re: NSRCC member    NSRCC member  I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 11:43 am

chien wrote:
ChrisD wrote:

Because good golfers like you don't wanna play with me at tmcc la....  Crying or Very sad 

I will be sidelined for at least 2-3 months due to injury.
Will arrange one with you once I am ready to get slaughtered by you.
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

NSRCC member  Empty
PostSubject: Re: NSRCC member    NSRCC member  I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 1:02 pm

ChrisD wrote:
chien wrote:
ChrisD wrote:

I will be sidelined for at least 2-3 months due to injury.
Will arrange one with you once I am ready to get slaughtered by you.
Take care my friend..

Meanwhile I'll start saving up money to hand to you...
Back to top Go down
steven_koh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
steven_koh

NSRCC member  Empty
PostSubject: Re: NSRCC member    NSRCC member  I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 2:01 pm

chien wrote:
... why nobody responded...?

IMHO Steven, this deal is really very attractive..

$2,400 for 8 years.. Less than $40 / game all in... 

But, as with all clubs, it will finally boils down to where your kakis are playing and how often you use the course.. 

For me, it's been money losing right from first day cos I hardly play @ nsrcc.. So no matter how cheap / attractive, I won't extend..

Share with us your decision eventually..

cheers
Most if me kaki is NSRCC member so dun knw wanna extend a not....
Scare wait new rate become $1000+ lol
Back to top Go down
Yz426
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

NSRCC member  Empty
PostSubject: Re: NSRCC member    NSRCC member  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 10:23 am

steven_koh wrote:
Think of renew my NSRCC member as due soon .
New renewal fee stay the same 2400 5 yr but after July they close the airforce n par 3 will extend 3 more yr on membership mean 
If I sign now $2400 = 8yr!!!
Or wait and see what the new rate after July ??
Wat your pick?

"The Changi Airport expansion and road works in 2014 will affect NSRCC’s Air Force course and part of the executive golf course. Part of the leasehold land will also be affected when more land is required for road works in 2018 and drainage works in 2024. The last day of play at the Air Force Course will be on 13 July 2014.
Despite the concerns arising from this, the Club strives to maintain 18-holes playable and re-develop its facilities to reach out to the greater spectrum of NSmen. 
In view that our members may be inconvenienced during the redevelopment period, the Club will be implementing the following measures as a good-will gesture. 
• Green Fees Adjustment
- $15 reduction on green fee for 18-holes. 
- $7 reduction on green fee for 9-holes
Effective period from 1 July 2014 to 30 June 2017.
• Membership Term Extension
- Up to 36 months free membership extension for existing and new members
For any active memberships that run through the intensive redevelopment period from 1 July 2014 to 30 June 2017, members will be entitled to 1-for-1 membership extension. 
In the Meantime, NSRCC will continue its efforts to complete the on-going strategic review and carry out the various implementations that are part of the redevelopment. 
Members will be updated on a timely manner as soon as details are available on these plans."
just wondering if you got this from the nsrcc website?
I was thinking if I should join as a member... as kranji is near my place...=)
Back to top Go down
kkhh1978
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

NSRCC member  Empty
PostSubject: Re: NSRCC member    NSRCC member  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 7:08 pm

it depends on how many games u playing each month
if u play like once each week. meaning to say 4 games per month then its better to get a club like Warren which should be near you.

u can work out the sums. now each weekday game I pay 50plus weekend about 80 I think
so each month if 4 games about 200plus to 300 then over the years getting a club like warren where only pay buggy will be more worthwhile

all been said. it still work out to the initial budget cause nsrcc just a couple of thousand can get membership but warren I think 30k
Back to top Go down
steven_koh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
steven_koh

NSRCC member  Empty
PostSubject: Re: NSRCC member    NSRCC member  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 9:14 pm

I juz renew my basic member for 5 more yr....
Back to top Go down
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

NSRCC member  Empty
PostSubject: Re: NSRCC member    NSRCC member  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 12:58 pm

that's the way I calculate:

NSRCC based on full member, play once a week on weekend
$5000 for 5 year full membership
Monthly Subscription: $45 + $15 family x 12 months x 5 years = $3600
Weekend Green fees from july: $50 x 52 Saturdays or sundays x 5 = $13,000
Total = 21,600
= S$4,320 per year.

Warren
Cost: $30,000
Monthly Subscription $120
Buggy fee: $25 estimated round up
Lease till 2030 - 16 years left
Total cost = $30000 + ($120 x 12 x 16) + ($25 x 4 x 12 X 16)
               = S$30,000 + S$23,040 +  $19,200
               = $72,240
Cost per year = $72,240/16 = $4,515
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

NSRCC member  Empty
PostSubject: Re: NSRCC member    NSRCC member  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 1:02 pm

But if you play Warren, you must wear helmet

If you play nsrcc, golf caps or visors will suffice....
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

NSRCC member  Empty
PostSubject: Re: NSRCC member    NSRCC member  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 1:05 pm

pocketace wrote:

Not true.... you need to bring knife and parang...  sometime back, there was a fight there.... cannot seem to find the article.
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

NSRCC member  Empty
PostSubject: Re: NSRCC member    NSRCC member  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 1:10 pm

http://news.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne+News/Singapore/Story/A1Story20111209-315391.html

Here you go.....
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

NSRCC member  Empty
PostSubject: Re: NSRCC member    NSRCC member  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 1:19 pm

poresia wrote:
that's the way I calculate:

NSRCC based on full member, play once a week on weekend
$5000 for 5 year full membership
Monthly Subscription: $45 + $15 family x 12 months x 5 years = $3600
Weekend Green fees from july: $50 x 52 Saturdays or sundays x 5 = $13,000
Total = 21,600
= S$4,320 per year.

Warren
Cost: $30,000
Monthly Subscription $120
Buggy fee: $25 estimated round up
Lease till 2030 - 16 years left
Total cost = $30000 + ($120 x 12 x 16) + ($25 x 4 x 12 X 16)
               = S$30,000 + S$23,040 +  $19,200
               = $72,240
Cost per year = $72,240/16 = $4,515

actually, with the new promo with nsrcc... u get 5+3 years

its 8 years for $5000....
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

NSRCC member  Empty
PostSubject: Re: NSRCC member    NSRCC member  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 2:10 pm

blee wrote:
pocketace wrote:

Not true.... you need to bring knife and parang...  sometime back, there was a fight there.... cannot seem to find the article.
blee,

Wala Wala!.....wrong hole lah. It happened at NSRCC Kranji and not Warren.

Ha ha, my bad. Also referring to Kranji NSRCC lor!
Back to top Go down
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

NSRCC member  Empty
PostSubject: Re: NSRCC member    NSRCC member  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 2:58 pm

from my experiences in nsrcc, not deliberate warning shot but failed to shot FORE when their ball borrow fairways esp in kranji.
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

NSRCC member  Empty
PostSubject: Re: NSRCC member    NSRCC member  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 3:32 pm

If you observe the pros on TV, you will notice they not only shout "fore" when their shot stray but also point their to the same direction. Flight-mates should also help to shout. After all, its for safety reasons. I witness an incident in JGCC where a caddy was hit on the neck. He fainted on the spot and big swell appeared. The golfer too was badly affected and had to stop and accompany the caddy to hospital. Quite an ugly sight.
Back to top Go down
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

NSRCC member  Empty
PostSubject: Re: NSRCC member    NSRCC member  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 3:49 pm

last Saturday, a tee shot from kranji hole 10 flew towards n landed underneath my flightmate buggy when we were playing hole 18 making our approach shot to green.

none of us hear any shouting.
I drove towards tee box n shouted at the guys n 1 golfer smiled n waved his hands to apologise!

If I m not wrong, these guys r from kranji 1201 or 1208 10TH Tee.

its ok to have stray shots but please shot to warn others.
Back to top Go down
bomby
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

NSRCC member  Empty
PostSubject: Re: NSRCC member    NSRCC member  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 4:32 pm

I kana loads of times are Kranji. All never shout fore/ball. There was once I was at the 13th hole.. one ball fly from 12th to the 13th Tee box.. and luckily in front of me is my buggy, and the ball hit the buggy and bounced over my head. 

No shout.. not one came to apologies. Call marshal...

Also.. stray shot, you shout fore.. and if it goes towards someone.. please also have the courtesy to say sorry. Not that you shout fore liao.. go to your ball and just hit. This happened to me at NSRCC Navy hole 7. Was taking my 2nd shot.. they tee off from 8.. heard a "ball" and the ball just landed a head of me.. As was waiting for the front to clear.. the player drove his buggy over.. did not even say sry or whatsoever.. take club and hit the ball.. I was like  scratch. I think he lost too much that day.
Back to top Go down
Beneoo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Beneoo

NSRCC member  Empty
PostSubject: Re: NSRCC member    NSRCC member  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 4:59 pm

I had one bad day too on 29 May playing Navy/Army noon time game...

At the Army 1st hole (P5), while taking my 2nd shot, the flight behind tee-off but lucky was a bad shot (short and missed left but I personally feel that if you are short hitter; you still have to wait unless you are damn sure that you are holding a SW and not driver, then go ahead)

Army 2nd hole (P4), again we playing our 2nd shot, they tee-off again and landed short...

So this time I decided to turned around and asked them whether is their ball on the fairway, they said yes and also 'barked' back at us saying we are slow and they did not see us on the fairway (btw my flight mate was on the LH bunker and he was in Blue shirt.. but they have the cheek to said no one on f/w)

I said guys why not you pace your game cos we are being delayed by 2nd front flt and our front flt is also pacing the game... i said firing warning shot is not a way to go..

Sad to say that this happened on a flight made up of at least 3 50+ yo 'bo ta chek uncles' (sorry no offense but just being straight)

After game decided to feedback to Exe mgr on duty..

PS: quoting a GR who mentioned this b4; if you want fast and exclusive, go sign up SICC lah...
On the 4th hole, we decided to call the Marshall but they complained to marshall we are slow...
Back to top Go down
bomby
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

NSRCC member  Empty
PostSubject: Re: NSRCC member    NSRCC member  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 5:17 pm

Beneoo wrote:

At the Army 1st hole (P5), while taking my 2nd shot, the flight behind tee-off but lucky was a bad shot (short and missed left but I personally feel that if you are short hitter; you still have to wait unless you are damn sure that you are holding a SW and not d......

Wah... I would complain all the way to the committee member. Slow or not.. call the marshal lah. Why need to fire warning shot. If you feel the front flight is slow.. jolly well call the marshal and have the marshal push them.

Like last Thur... due to weather delay our 1311 flight was delayed until 1440. And we all queue up.. every shot.. need to wait for the front to clear.. and we the flight behind also need to wait for us to clear.. If in the hurry.. dun play.
Back to top Go down
Beneoo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Beneoo

NSRCC member  Empty
PostSubject: Re: NSRCC member    NSRCC member  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 5:24 pm

bomby wrote:
Beneoo wrote:

At the Army 1st hole (P5), while taking my 2nd shot, the flight behind tee-off but lucky was a bad shot (short and missed left but I personally feel that if you are short hitter; you still have to wait unless you are damn sure that you are holding a SW and not d......

Wah... I would complain all the way to the committee member. Slow or not.. call the marshal lah. Why need to fire warning shot. If you feel the front flight is slow.. jolly well call the marshal and have the marshal push them.

Like last Thur... due to weather delay our 1311 flight was delayed until 1440. And we all queue up.. every shot.. need to wait for the front to clear.. and we the flight behind also need to wait for us to clear.. If in the hurry.. dun play.
Yes bomby... I got this perspective while reading a post here last time... rmb one GR was saying if cant wait dont play.. if want exclusive go to SICC..

True, if slow call the marshaller. Marshaller number is available on the buggy board...

Just sad that this things happened from people i called 'Uncle' as respect...

The duty manager said will be long process to take this up.. he suggested that he will follow up a warning letter to that flight member... but not sure he did bo lah...
Back to top Go down
kkhh1978
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

NSRCC member  Empty
PostSubject: Re: NSRCC member    NSRCC member  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 8:36 pm

hi all I have started a watsapp chat group call nsrcc golf kaki
so I have added in all the numbers I had from this topic
who ever want me to add in pls post your contact and I will add you into the group
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NSRCC member  Empty
PostSubject: Re: NSRCC member    NSRCC member  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NSRCC member
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next