Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can a NSRCC member sign in a golfer with no hcp to play @ NSRCC?

Go down 
+6
samT
Tituman
enwee
beehome
Tian
itdavidsg
10 posters
AuthorMessage
itdavidsg
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
itdavidsg

Can a NSRCC member sign in a golfer with no hcp to play @ NSRCC? Empty
PostSubject: Can a NSRCC member sign in a golfer with no hcp to play @ NSRCC?   Can a NSRCC member sign in a golfer with no hcp to play @ NSRCC? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 5:30 pm

Thanks for info! =)
Back to top Go down
Tian
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Tian

PostSubject: Re: Can a NSRCC member sign in a golfer with no hcp to play @ NSRCC?   Can a NSRCC member sign in a golfer with no hcp to play @ NSRCC? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 6:20 pm

I don't think NSRCC allows anyone w/o handicap to play on the courses except for the Par 3 Executive course where the golfer (w/o handicap) is required to pass a swing test conducted by the golf pros at the range.

Hope it helps.
Back to top Go down
beehome
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
beehome

PostSubject: Re: Can a NSRCC member sign in a golfer with no hcp to play @ NSRCC?   Can a NSRCC member sign in a golfer with no hcp to play @ NSRCC? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 8:20 pm

definite answer is NO.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Can a NSRCC member sign in a golfer with no hcp to play @ NSRCC?   Can a NSRCC member sign in a golfer with no hcp to play @ NSRCC? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 8:33 pm

Tian wrote:
I don't think NSRCC allows anyone w/o handicap to play on the courses except for the Par 3 Executive course where the golfer (w/o handicap) is required to pass a swing test conducted by the golf pros at the range.

Hope it helps.
The swing test is Kelong one.....

Btw I did ask before they said "NO" but if got Malaysia Hdcp they said can. Then I ask the next qns, "So NSRCC is encouraging people to buy Hdcp in Malaysia"。 The gal look at me Shocked and then she smile.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Can a NSRCC member sign in a golfer with no hcp to play @ NSRCC?   Can a NSRCC member sign in a golfer with no hcp to play @ NSRCC? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 9:27 pm

enwee wrote:
Tian wrote:

Hope it helps.

Btw I did ask before they said "NO" but if got Malaysia Hdcp they said can. Then I ask the next qns, "So NSRCC is encouraging people to buy Hdcp in Malaysia"。 The gal look at me Shocked and then she smile.

Give you a loophole and you must pitcha lobang...tsk tsk Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

titu
Back to top Go down
samT
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
samT

PostSubject: Re: Can a NSRCC member sign in a golfer with no hcp to play @ NSRCC?   Can a NSRCC member sign in a golfer with no hcp to play @ NSRCC? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 10:14 pm

enwee wrote:
Tian wrote:

Hope it helps.

To be fair, you can buy hdcp in SGP too. Came across SGP golfers (yes, more than one), who got hdcp from a particular coach affiliated with an associate SGA club and they never been on course!
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Can a NSRCC member sign in a golfer with no hcp to play @ NSRCC?   Can a NSRCC member sign in a golfer with no hcp to play @ NSRCC? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 10:22 pm

Tituman wrote:
enwee wrote:
Tian wrote:

Hope it helps.

Give you a loophole and you must pitcha lobang...tsk tsk Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

titu
I'm not against it, if you wanna buy at least get when your game is quite ok then bring it out lah. Some are obviously not good enough or they don't even know the basic rules. These people from 1-2 holes u know that the hdcp is fake. Also some people, they claim they had hdcp, but yet they can topped from 1st stroke until the very last. Yet, some very good player don't have hdcp but can play tremendously well. What a Face. I think there should be certain check on golfers lah not just see hdcp. It just a piece a paper. I know it can be bought in Batam and Malaysia.
Back to top Go down
Kengnam
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Kengnam

PostSubject: Re: Can a NSRCC member sign in a golfer with no hcp to play @ NSRCC?   Can a NSRCC member sign in a golfer with no hcp to play @ NSRCC? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 12:44 am

If yr frd hit someone or do something's wrong,u in deep shit.
Back to top Go down
Bangla123
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Bangla123

PostSubject: Re: Can a NSRCC member sign in a golfer with no hcp to play @ NSRCC?   Can a NSRCC member sign in a golfer with no hcp to play @ NSRCC? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 6:55 am

Like I've mentioned in a previous post. The issue they care about I'd whether you have golf insurance. Having a handicap basically relieves them of any liability when you do something stupid
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Can a NSRCC member sign in a golfer with no hcp to play @ NSRCC?   Can a NSRCC member sign in a golfer with no hcp to play @ NSRCC? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 8:41 am

Actually I am very curious why one don want to get hcp ?
Back to top Go down
zakevich
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
zakevich

PostSubject: Re: Can a NSRCC member sign in a golfer with no hcp to play @ NSRCC?   Can a NSRCC member sign in a golfer with no hcp to play @ NSRCC? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 9:55 pm

Time constraint? Most handicapped issuance require newbies to have a PC which you are only allow to play on weekday; with a collection of 5 x 18holes scorecard and another round of courtesy round to apply for handicapped.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Can a NSRCC member sign in a golfer with no hcp to play @ NSRCC?   Can a NSRCC member sign in a golfer with no hcp to play @ NSRCC? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 10:04 pm

Actually I think only Singapore really stress so hard on hcp to play on course mainly it's because our courses are so little and too many people wanna play. I know in Thailand, Australia and US even Malaysia don't really care. Btw last time when I took my hcp in the now deflunct Seletar Base Golf Course, the guy who took us said that hcp is not only wanna see if you can play, but they really wanna see if you can take care of the course. He added saying they would not wanna pass someone who can play well but cannot take care of the course, he said that he knew most beginners only wanna get hcp because they wanna play in Singapore,so as long as you can play reasonably ok, know basic rules and mainly take care of the course, he'll pass you.

To add, nowadays a lot of people only care abt their games, do not take care of the course, littered cigarette butts, do not repaired divots on the fairway or green. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can a NSRCC member sign in a golfer with no hcp to play @ NSRCC?   Can a NSRCC member sign in a golfer with no hcp to play @ NSRCC? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can a NSRCC member sign in a golfer with no hcp to play @ NSRCC?
Page 1 of 1