Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Go to OCC frequently?

Go down 
+7
Derek
falconlgh
Begbie
blee67
Turbo
enwee
Kyle
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kyle
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Kyle

Go to OCC frequently? Empty
PostSubject: Go to OCC frequently?   Go to OCC frequently? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 11:06 pm

Guys, any members of OCC or frequent visitors of the country club here ?

How often you play on course there?

I always go to the range to practice cause I'm not so good yet :X lol!

Last edited by Kyle on Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Go to OCC frequently?   Go to OCC frequently? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 11:07 pm

I normally go there for range on either wed or thurs night depending on my mood of that day, but I never go upstairs. You play upstairs?
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: Go to OCC frequently?   Go to OCC frequently? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 11:08 pm

Nope, I play at the members area downstairs .Don't really like upstairs,scared my club will fly out one day Embarassed
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Go to OCC frequently?   Go to OCC frequently? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 11:24 pm

Kyle wrote:
Nope, I play at the members area downstairs .Don't really like upstairs,scared my club will fly out one day Embarassed
You member of OCC? The member area always empty. Upstairs? I scared I'll drop down....if I swing too hard...
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: Go to OCC frequently?   Go to OCC frequently? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 11:28 pm

yup...Not always..something dam packed..especially weekends...overall ok lah! Very Happy

Upstairs is dam shiok if you wan to whack with driver
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Go to OCC frequently?   Go to OCC frequently? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 11:31 pm

Kyle wrote:
yup...Not always..something dam packed..especially weekends...overall ok lah! Very Happy

Upstairs is dam shiok if you wan to whack with driver
I like the row in front of the office or pro shop, cos can see reflection on back swing.......so u play OCC often?
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: Go to OCC frequently?   Go to OCC frequently? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 11:34 pm

Depends on schedule...will try to squeeze in a round if possible most of the time.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Go to OCC frequently?   Go to OCC frequently? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 11:41 pm

Kyle wrote:
from your bag...you looked like a 18-20 hdcp?
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Go to OCC frequently?   Go to OCC frequently? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 12:37 am

Kyle wrote:
Guys, any members of OCC or frequent visitors of the country club here ?

How often you play on course there?

I always go to the range to practice cause I'm not so good yet :X lol!

Bro, care to have a game? Smile
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Go to OCC frequently?   Go to OCC frequently? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 7:57 am

Hi Kyle,

Both Mizzy and myself are members there. We usually have a regular Sunday am game there. Do join us if you can. We need more members to book too! Very Happy

On and off we do go to the range there but mainly last min arrangement... Look for Mizzy, he is the range king there... ROFL
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Go to OCC frequently?   Go to OCC frequently? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 8:19 am

blee wrote:
Hi Kyle,

Both Mizzy and myself are members there. We usually have a regular Sunday am game there. Do join us if you can. We need more members to book too! Very Happy

On and off we do go to the range there but mainly last min arrangement... Look for Mizzy, he is the range king there... ROFL

i seldom see Mizzy posting much nowadays. I think he got scarrd after seeing ur long drives. Hiding in fear.. From the occ resident buaya...
Back to top Go down
falconlgh
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Go to OCC frequently?   Go to OCC frequently? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 8:43 am

Go to the range about once a week, non-member area. Either one weekday night or Sunday afternoons. Level one quite packed at times... and feel so noob when others around me launching their wedges further than my 5 iron. Embarassed

Is OCC membership expensive? Thinking of joining since my new house in Yishun will be very near (almost walking distance).
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Go to OCC frequently?   Go to OCC frequently? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 8:52 am

Begbie wrote:
blee wrote:
Hi Kyle,

i seldom see Mizzy posting much nowadays. I think he got scarrd after seeing ur long drives. Hiding in fear.. From the occ resident buaya...

He is now trying out his new 'shortened' weapon la... He still outdrives me lei.. What a Face
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Go to OCC frequently?   Go to OCC frequently? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 8:53 am

falconlgh wrote:
Go to the range about once a week, non-member area. Either one weekday night or Sunday afternoons. Level one quite packed at times... and feel so noob when others around me launching their wedges further than my 5 iron. Embarassed

Is OCC membership expensive? Thinking of joining since my new house in Yishun will be very near (almost walking distance).

Depends on which type of membership you are looking at. Silver is a lot more affordable. Smile
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Go to OCC frequently?   Go to OCC frequently? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 10:11 am

falconlgh wrote:

Disclaimer: I work for my golf kaki but will keep this post as objective as possible

One of the easiest ways to try out OCC is to join my golf kaki. You get to play OCC at the corporate union rate with no time or day restrictions, as long as there is an available slot. It is definitely not as good a rate as being an actual member of OCC, but it is distinctly lower than the guest rate.

1 year MGK memberships are available, so you don't get locked in if you don't like the product, be it MGK or OCC.

If after trying it out, you find that you do like OCC, then you can always upgrade to a full OCC membership.

Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

PostSubject: Re: Go to OCC frequently?   Go to OCC frequently? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 10:52 am

blee wrote:
Hi Kyle,

i seldom go range liao.. not useful also.. buy ultralight driver more useful
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Go to OCC frequently?   Go to OCC frequently? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 11:07 am

I thot for you cut shorter better? Suspect
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

PostSubject: Re: Go to OCC frequently?   Go to OCC frequently? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 11:17 am

Begbie wrote:
blee wrote:
Hi Kyle,

ya.. need to find new weapon to answer the latest arsenal from the occ resident buaya
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

PostSubject: Re: Go to OCC frequently?   Go to OCC frequently? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 11:18 am

blee wrote:

still not as good as your black cleveland apparently
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Go to OCC frequently?   Go to OCC frequently? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 11:21 am

mizzy wrote:
blee wrote:

You still outdrive me with your shortened shaft ah... clown
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: Go to OCC frequently?   Go to OCC frequently? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 11:24 am

enwee wrote:
Kyle wrote:
from your bag...you looked like a 18-20 hdcp?

I'm actually a 13 handicapper. But don't play like one . Razz Swing

Last edited by Kyle on Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kyle
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: Go to OCC frequently?   Go to OCC frequently? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 11:35 am

blee wrote:
Hi Kyle,

I usually have weekly Sunday PM game with my parents and their friends(FYI.im 17)
Swing
I'll would love to have a game with you guys,if schedule permits.

You're a golfing gold member?
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

PostSubject: Re: Go to OCC frequently?   Go to OCC frequently? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 12:54 pm

blee wrote:
mizzy wrote:
blee wrote:

yes.. the 1 inch i took off the shaft is returned to me by 1 inch longer than your drive.
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Go to OCC frequently?   Go to OCC frequently? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 2:05 pm

mizzy wrote:
blee wrote:
mizzy wrote:
blee wrote:

yes.. the 1 inch i took off the shaft is returned to me by 1 inch longer than your drive.

Suspect
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Go to OCC frequently?   Go to OCC frequently? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 2:18 pm

Kyle wrote:
blee wrote:
Hi Kyle,

I usually have weekly Sunday PM game with my parents and their friends(FYI.im 17)
Swing
I'll would love to have a game with you guys,if schedule permits.

You're a golfing gold member?

Both Mizzy and myself. As and when you want a game, just give us a shout! But hor, be patient, you are a 17yo with a 13 hcp... We are old folks enjoying our weekly game... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Go to OCC frequently?   Go to OCC frequently? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Go to OCC frequently?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Golf Talk-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.