Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Re-shafting costs

Go down 
+8
enwee
Pizzaman
TLP
Bear
willytan
dreamer
vinjess
heartlander
12 posters
AuthorMessage
heartlander
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Re-shafting costs Empty
PostSubject: Re-shafting costs   Re-shafting costs I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 3:32 pm

Hi mates

just wondering, if I already have the club heads and the respective shafts (used), roughly how much to just get somebody to re-shaft ? It's for 5-PW.

thanks
Back to top Go down
vinjess
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
vinjess

Re-shafting costs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-shafting costs   Re-shafting costs I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 4:34 pm

About $15 per pc??
Back to top Go down
dreamer
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Re-shafting costs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-shafting costs   Re-shafting costs I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 5:35 pm

$12-15 per club.
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

Re-shafting costs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-shafting costs   Re-shafting costs I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 8:02 pm

Very much depends on the club fitter and the extra services which u requires during the re-shafting ie change grip, extend/shorten etc.

$15 per pcs is a good gauge.
Back to top Go down
Bear
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Re-shafting costs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-shafting costs   Re-shafting costs I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 8:43 pm

Can be as low as $7 per club if its juz shaft installation...
Back to top Go down
http://www.website.co.jp
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

Re-shafting costs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-shafting costs   Re-shafting costs I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 8:46 pm

Bear wrote:
Can be as low as $7 per club if u know where to go...

Where? I also wanna go change.....
Back to top Go down
dreamer
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Re-shafting costs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-shafting costs   Re-shafting costs I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 10:20 pm

$7!!
That is really on the low side.
Back to top Go down
heartlander
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Re-shafting costs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-shafting costs   Re-shafting costs I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 1:18 am

Thanks folks.

Bear, $7 per shaft installation?  Care to share or pm me the plc?

Would be great to try it out as I am just trying to see whether it helps before deciding to go for a new set, and spending $42 would not be too painful if it doesn't work out well.
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

Re-shafting costs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-shafting costs   Re-shafting costs I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 6:35 am

Bro heartlander@

I used to be like u when I started playing with reshafting; buying n reshaft at those chop chop fitter. But after I went to those fitters that give u advises on the length of play, swing weight adjustment etc, it really helped in making the game efficient.

It's all trial n error, what I said might not be true.

What is cheap might not be good. Good things might not come cheap too.
Back to top Go down
Bear
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Re-shafting costs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-shafting costs   Re-shafting costs I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 9:22 am

Bro heartlander, what willy said has truth in it. It really depends on what you want for your golf game. 
But at least you know now that there are options out there.
Back to top Go down
TLP
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Re-shafting costs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-shafting costs   Re-shafting costs I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 10:32 am

Bear wrote:
Can be as low as $7 per club if its juz shaft installation...

Hi Bro,

Please share your $7 lobang....... 

Any MOQ required?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Pizzaman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Pizzaman

Re-shafting costs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-shafting costs   Re-shafting costs I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 10:39 am

I normally get reshaft at $15 per club. That includes removing of head from existing club & install it into the new shaft. I think the price is reasonable as it involves proper prep of the club head, cost of ferrule & spining of shaft.

From TS post, I believe he just need installation of heads into the shafts and there is no need for removal. In this case, I think somewhere about $7-$10 should be fair.  Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

Re-shafting costs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-shafting costs   Re-shafting costs I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 10:42 am

$7 per clubs is cheap, I'm sure it's w/o grips. Any other hidden charges????
Back to top Go down
Bear
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Re-shafting costs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-shafting costs   Re-shafting costs I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 10:53 am

Bro enwee, the price i paid for is just purely shaft installation. He did the prep work of the heads i had ie, he cleaned out the hosel and cleaned the shaft tip (used shaft with grips already on). He threw in the ferrules too as my shaft had no ferrules. 

No other hidden charges. I had it done Sep/Oct last year, so things may have changed.
Back to top Go down
Bear
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Re-shafting costs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-shafting costs   Re-shafting costs I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 10:58 am

Come to think of it, it makes sense. If reshafting means to pull out and install the shaft, it's 2x the work as compared to purely shaft installation. 

So do take note, 'reshafting' as compared to 'installing shaft'.
Back to top Go down
heartlander
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Re-shafting costs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-shafting costs   Re-shafting costs I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 11:08 am

Folks, really appreciate all the replies. Great forum, as usual Smile.

My case would be reshafting, as current heads are still attached to the original shafts. As a relatively new golfer, I am comfortable with the mx300 heads but I find the shafts a tad heavy. My fren just passed me his used shafts which are much lighter, so wanted to give them a try before committing to either new shafts or even new clubs.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

Re-shafting costs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-shafting costs   Re-shafting costs I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 11:17 am

heartlander wrote:
Folks, really appreciate all the replies. Great forum, as usual Smile.

My case would be reshafting, as current heads are still attached to the original shafts. As a relatively new golfer, I am comfortable with the mx300 heads but I find the shafts a tad heavy. My fren just passed me his used shafts which are much lighter, so wanted to give them a try before committing to either new shafts or even new clubs.

Bro heartlander, u need to check whether your set is tapered or parallel tips for MX300. Then need to check the shafts given to u is it the same, then u can look for a fitter. FYI, different brands the shaft will sit in different depth some deeper some more shallow. Also do your own calculation, if you need to reshaft with grips, is it worth it? Sometimes, it's better off getting a second hand set here.

Just my 2 cts thought.
Back to top Go down
heartlander
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Re-shafting costs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-shafting costs   Re-shafting costs I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 12:23 pm

Bro Enwee, the shafts are with grips already.

Yep, agree with you that if it crosses a certain price point, then it doesn't make sense to reshaft, for example, if it's $15 a club which comes up to $90 per set, then perhaps can even buy a second hand set for a little more, or better still, buy a set from GD which is fairly cheap these days Smile

Thks.
Back to top Go down
Pizzaman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Pizzaman

Re-shafting costs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-shafting costs   Re-shafting costs I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 12:26 pm

Get a butane torch to remove the heads first before bringing them to the fitter.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

Re-shafting costs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-shafting costs   Re-shafting costs I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 12:33 pm

Pizzaman wrote:
Get a butane torch to remove the heads first before bringing them to the fitter.
No need lah...got a friend uses stove at home also can but of cos that waste a lot of gas.  lol! unclep told me certain lighter for cigarettes also can...that one more extreme.
Back to top Go down
Pizzaman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Pizzaman

Re-shafting costs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-shafting costs   Re-shafting costs I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 1:27 pm

butane torch can concentrate the flame on 1 point mah. No burnt marks also, if you move the flame around the hosel. For normal lighter, once overheat you will have to wait for it to cool before u can use it again.

Some of the irons/wedges have very strong epoxy, thus it is easier to remove the head using torch. It takes very long for heat gun to remove them. As for graphite shafts, you will need to use heat gun and proper shaft extractor so as not to damage the shafts.
Back to top Go down
kamen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kamen

Re-shafting costs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-shafting costs   Re-shafting costs I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 2:59 pm

Torch, stove, lighter... YEAH!  Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/spcasingapore
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

Re-shafting costs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-shafting costs   Re-shafting costs I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 4:58 pm

guys please do NOT use a stove or lighter

stove will likely damage the club, especially if it's graphite shaft. you may also injure urself

you need either a butane torch or heat gun. if you want to salvage the old shafts, you need to use a shaft puller to avoid damaging the fibers in the graphite shaft
Back to top Go down
Yz426
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Re-shafting costs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-shafting costs   Re-shafting costs I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 6:12 pm

not to hijack this thread..
but question.. is there a big difference between a stock shaft and after-market one, especially if it is the same.. (like Regular Flex or something.. u know what I mean...=))
Back to top Go down
56789pgs
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Re-shafting costs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-shafting costs   Re-shafting costs I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 6:41 pm

There is alot of video and discussion on stock vs aftermarket. I do believe it is different but unfortunately I am not good enough to feel the difference.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Re-shafting costs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-shafting costs   Re-shafting costs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Re-shafting costs
Page 1 of 1