Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Motorbike and Piano Brand Irons?

Go down 
+10
pocketace
aze06
Pizzaman
Turbo
gomjgo
Denis
kleinphua
teegem
KCL
flashpacker
14 posters
AuthorMessage
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Motorbike and Piano Brand Irons? Empty
PostSubject: Motorbike and Piano Brand Irons?   Motorbike and Piano Brand Irons? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 9:31 pm

Here's a review on the under-rated golf equipment which people will associate with motorbikes and pianos.

When I mentioned to my brother I've got a new set of Yamaha irons, his first reaction was: "A what? Motorbike?"  I cant fault him because I had the same reaction when 2 of my golf buddies, on recommendation by our golf coach, bought Yamaha irons.  I joked that they used the steel to first make exhaust pipes for motorbikes and the leftover material was used to forge irons.  A terrible joke as they blazed the course with many Ons using their beloved irons while I struggled with my old set.

Until when I tried to demo it in Thailand, did I realise that this set of irons was special.  Special not only in feel - because of its Endo-forged origins - but the accuracy and forgiveness.  

I can't believe it.  Shocked 

I tried to look for reviews on Yamaha on the Internet to see what on earth the expert golf afficionados and critics will say. I was disappointed but glad at the same time as this brand is truly under-rated and under appreciated.  Having tried forged models of other brands (which I shall not mention including well known JDMs and incredibly expensive ones with lengendary status), the Yamaha vforged irons (tour model) indeed are excellent in a league that I've not experienced before. If I were to evaluate on the feel alone, some would know "buttery soft" but i venture a step farther - "milk chocolate soft" like Ghirardelli chocs. Each shot leaves you coming back for more. cheers 

Of course, i have to add that I probably havent tried other endo-forged irons e.g Epon, Tourstage, etc.  

Now my view on brands that excel in motorbikes, pianos and even tyres is different. 
Let the milk chocolate shots speak for themselves.

Happy golfing  Cheers Jump
Back to top Go down
KCL
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
KCL

PostSubject: Re: Motorbike and Piano Brand Irons?   Motorbike and Piano Brand Irons? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 9:42 pm

Yamaha, music to my ears lol. 
Agree, excellent irons. Enjoy your new weapons.
Back to top Go down
teegem
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
teegem

PostSubject: Re: Motorbike and Piano Brand Irons?   Motorbike and Piano Brand Irons? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 9:53 pm

if you search on JDM sites then you will know that Yamaha V Forged tour have multiple wins on Japan Tour by their tour Player Fujita. enjoy. I am also bitten by the Yamaha V Forged non tour irons.

Far East GreenFields or hills have one set each of 2012 and 2013 V Forged Tour at reasonable prices w project X shafts that are consider an upgrade from S200 shafts
Back to top Go down
kleinphua
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Motorbike and Piano Brand Irons?   Motorbike and Piano Brand Irons? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 10:02 pm

Was keen on some used set before but notice that they are mostly on S200 which I do not quite like. 

I like brands that are underrated as well but usually sometimes because of that, the resale value gets affected.
Back to top Go down
Denis
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Denis

PostSubject: Re: Motorbike and Piano Brand Irons?   Motorbike and Piano Brand Irons? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 10:03 pm

Tell me about it. I still kept my antique SX25 irons with me. Its a pity that the 7i is lost & the replacement cannot be found.
Back to top Go down
gomjgo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Motorbike and Piano Brand Irons?   Motorbike and Piano Brand Irons? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 10:50 pm

Yamaha, definitely underrated but fantastic club.. cheers
Back to top Go down
kleinphua
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Motorbike and Piano Brand Irons?   Motorbike and Piano Brand Irons? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 10:58 pm

Actually to me another underrated club is yonex.
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Motorbike and Piano Brand Irons?   Motorbike and Piano Brand Irons? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 11:42 pm

kleinphua wrote:
Badminton racquet brand? Shocked
Back to top Go down
kleinphua
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Motorbike and Piano Brand Irons?   Motorbike and Piano Brand Irons? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 11:44 pm

flashpacker wrote:
kleinphua wrote:
Badminton racquet brand? Shocked
Hahah yes you are right.
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Motorbike and Piano Brand Irons?   Motorbike and Piano Brand Irons? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 11:50 pm

teegem wrote:
if you search on JDM sites then you will know that Yamaha V Forged tour have multiple wins on Japan Tour by their tour Player Fujita. enjoy. I am also bitten by the Yamaha V Forged non tour irons.

Far East GreenFields or hills have one set each of 2012 and 2013 V Forged Tour at reasonable prices w project X shafts that are consider an upgrade from S200 shafts
Thanks
I didnt know their pros had multiple wins!
The problem is, i cant read Jap and Google translate on JDM sites is a mess...
Tough to intepret
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Motorbike and Piano Brand Irons?   Motorbike and Piano Brand Irons? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 12:10 am

Giant manufacturer, Bridgestone is a tire brand ...  Same for Dunlop ... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Pizzaman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Pizzaman

PostSubject: Re: Motorbike and Piano Brand Irons?   Motorbike and Piano Brand Irons? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 1:12 am

Yamaha drivers are inpressive … more superior in built quality imho … the feeling is shiok and go real far … owned 3 before.... Still keep one …
Back to top Go down
aze06
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Motorbike and Piano Brand Irons?   Motorbike and Piano Brand Irons? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 10:05 am

Get go wrong with the Yamaha irons.  Ditto for their drivers too.
Was gaming with both their irons and drivers for 7-8 years (which is a long time not to change clubs! Smile)
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Motorbike and Piano Brand Irons?   Motorbike and Piano Brand Irons? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 11:42 am

flashpacker wrote:
teegem wrote:

Thanks
Tough to intepret

Go to http://www.tourspecgolf.com/forum/index.php?
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Motorbike and Piano Brand Irons?   Motorbike and Piano Brand Irons? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 6:50 pm

pocketace wrote:
flashpacker wrote:
teegem wrote:

Thanks
Tough to intepret

Go to http://www.tourspecgolf.com/forum/index.php?
Thanks cheers
Back to top Go down
junyaoching
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Motorbike and Piano Brand Irons?   Motorbike and Piano Brand Irons? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 7:48 pm

Interesting article here. Feel tempted for yamaha stuff liao. Actually i bought my wife a m a yamaha 7 wood. And wow...
Back to top Go down
ultraman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ultraman

PostSubject: Re: Motorbike and Piano Brand Irons?   Motorbike and Piano Brand Irons? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 8:21 pm

One word to describe the 2014 RMX gears - SWEE!  Cheers Jump 

Was almost tempted to dump my AF301 irons , then again they both come from the same 'birth place'  cheers
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Motorbike and Piano Brand Irons?   Motorbike and Piano Brand Irons? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 9:24 pm

Wat abt SUPERMAN brand?
Super hero brands they re producing oso. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Shikaka11
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Motorbike and Piano Brand Irons?   Motorbike and Piano Brand Irons? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 9:45 pm

Where can demo the Yamaha irons? Looks good and tempting.
Are the 2014 models out in Singapore??
Back to top Go down
kleinphua
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Motorbike and Piano Brand Irons?   Motorbike and Piano Brand Irons? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 9:47 pm

Not sure. My past yamaha stuffs are bought via the Internet. 
I love buying stuffs so had bought countless things in the past Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Motorbike and Piano Brand Irons?   Motorbike and Piano Brand Irons? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Motorbike and Piano Brand Irons?
Page 1 of 1