Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wrist Injury

Go down 
+10
TDO
Noriki
chip_munkie
akhild
babolat
kenneth18
jason.koh.54966
skybobo
andrew-golf
lamegolfer
14 posters
AuthorMessage
lamegolfer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Wrist Injury Empty
PostSubject: Wrist Injury   Wrist Injury I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2013 6:04 pm

Hi, need advice from fellow & seasoned bros.

Injured my right wrist 2-3 weeks back. But itchy backside; still went for a round of golf. Injury got worst & pain was quite bad. 

Had accupuncture & felt better but not fully recovered so went to a sinseh for a rub. It seems to have fully recovered after a few days but then the pain came back again. All these while I've abstained from using my right wrist for fear of aggravating the injury. Had a feeling it has not fully recovered yet.

Any advice from fellow & seasoned bros? Cos I'm itching to start playing again..... All advice (including where I can have it healed!!) is much appreciated!
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

Wrist Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrist Injury   Wrist Injury I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2013 7:31 pm

Mine is left wrist
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Wrist Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrist Injury   Wrist Injury I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2013 8:22 pm

See a sports doctor at Changi hospital. Get it check out. Rest and fully recover before you play. Bro, golf is a life long game. Take your time. Dun rush
Back to top Go down
jason.koh.54966
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
jason.koh.54966

Wrist Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrist Injury   Wrist Injury I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2013 9:41 pm

Get it fully recover before playing again.
Back to top Go down
kenneth18
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kenneth18

Wrist Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrist Injury   Wrist Injury I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2013 9:58 pm

I previously had a right wrist injury. Stopped all sports for close to 2 years in order to fully recover. Cos I am a right handed plus I used my right wrist daily to work (using the mouse), thus the recovery is very slow.
Back to top Go down
babolat
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
babolat

Wrist Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrist Injury   Wrist Injury I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2013 10:01 pm

Need to stop all exercises.
If you continue, you can't heal fully
Back to top Go down
lamegolfer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Wrist Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrist Injury   Wrist Injury I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2013 10:33 pm

Oh dear, prognosis doesn't look good.  Looks like I've to lay off for a while. What a shame; I've just started playing again after a long long sourjon.... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
akhild
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
akhild

Wrist Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrist Injury   Wrist Injury I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2013 10:59 pm

I laid off 1.5 year. All muscle memory gone.
Was diagnosed with de quervain's tenosynovitis. 

Not fun. Get physio straight away. My source of the injury was traced to tense forearm muscles coz of using mouse when elbow hing in the air..
Back to top Go down
chip_munkie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
chip_munkie

Wrist Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrist Injury   Wrist Injury I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2013 11:18 pm

I had my left wrist injured from a bad bike skid a few years ago.. doc said the tendon is injured and had to rest. and this kind of thing can't rush into get recovery. got to rest and put a wrsit restrainer if needed so to prevent further injury. acupuncture and tcm might help abit but really rest is only way for the tendon to build back to muscle and recover. avoid lifting heavy stuff or gym. hope it helps.
Back to top Go down
Noriki
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Noriki

Wrist Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrist Injury   Wrist Injury I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 12:02 am

Rest = heal
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

Wrist Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrist Injury   Wrist Injury I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 12:25 am

@Lamegolfer, you first have to identify what causes your right wrist injury. Was it caused by a duffed shot, or other reasons. 

I injured my right wrist before but I believe it was because of the way I hold my club as during my downswing I would feel pain when about to contact the ball. I realised my right wrist was a little too low and not vertical as it should be. This grip produces slice or even duffed shots. occassionaly I still developed that habit but have since made a conscious effort to correct it before the next shot. Smile 

Last edited by TDO on Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lamegolfer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Wrist Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrist Injury   Wrist Injury I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 2:00 am

Much thanks to all seasoned brothers (& sistas) for their valuable advice. It is much appreciated! 

Looks like it's going to be a long layoff for now until it is fully healed. Would probably consult a doctor & have an x-ray to put my mind at ease. Many thanks again for all your sound & valuable advice!
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Wrist Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrist Injury   Wrist Injury I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 3:00 am

Bro, you need to see a doc and get a scan.
It could be inflammation of the tendon, carpal tunnel syndrome.....etc
I believe it is a kind of RSI (repetitive stress injury)

Most doc would recommend steroid injection or surgery........some natural healing.
Surgery is the fastest if u want quick recovery

Btw, how did u injured your wrist?  Is it from golf?  If yes then u need to identify what causes the injury...else it will hurt u again.
Back to top Go down
Lizsam
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Wrist Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrist Injury   Wrist Injury I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 2:51 pm

Oh dear my golf partner is complaining of a wrist injury. Didn't think it would take so long to recover from
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

Wrist Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrist Injury   Wrist Injury I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 2:57 pm

i saw a TCM and he said the muscle under my left wrist is swollen

he poked me with some needles and then use hot air to blow on it for 20mins before giving me 6 doses of med to put on

now much better, tho yesterday still played with a little pain. at least not as bad as last week.

hope to survive till 1 jan 2014. there after 2 weeks no golf due to travelling

go see a TCM. its effective. Rest is also a must
Back to top Go down
neutralgolfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
neutralgolfer

Wrist Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrist Injury   Wrist Injury I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 4:21 pm

If veins injury, it may takes months (at least 3-4) to recover.
Best is see doctor and take anti-inflammatory pain killer. Relief pain and helps in the internal swollen tissues.

Rest well and speedy recovery.
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

Wrist Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrist Injury   Wrist Injury I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 4:22 pm

neutralgolfer wrote:
Best is see doctor and take anti-inflammatory pain killer. Relief pain and helps in the internal swollen tissues.

i will rest after taking back money from u this sunday  Razz  Razz
Back to top Go down
neutralgolfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
neutralgolfer

Wrist Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrist Injury   Wrist Injury I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 4:42 pm

andrew-golf wrote:
neutralgolfer wrote:

i will rest after taking back money from u this sunday  Razz  Razz

Ok, ok.

After you rest, I take from you again...  lol! 
Back to top Go down
IceShelterX
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Wrist Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrist Injury   Wrist Injury I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 5:03 pm

check doctor and listen to the advise (rest till the advised period over)...

Once the pain subsided, try to do therapy by doing little bit exercise (do not continue if you feel pain)... after a week or two feel okay... 

I can feel your itchiness, i also the same injured my wirst and fingers... if you injured, just cure your itchiness by doing motion excercise (swing plane, etc)
Back to top Go down
lamegolfer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Wrist Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrist Injury   Wrist Injury I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 11:12 pm

Hi bros, I'm touched by all the advice & concern by fellow golfers. I think I injured my wrist while working out in the gym. Quite sure it didn't occur while at the course or range. Taking heed all the good advice, I'll be laying off till im fully recovered. 

Many thanks to all!
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

Wrist Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrist Injury   Wrist Injury I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 2:49 pm

Try this TCM outlet at tanjong pagar plaza lvl2, directly above the 4D shop. Think is Dr Choo Led sin, very good.

I usually go there when I have any sprain or injury. Recently I developed "tennis elbow" after a switch to stiffer driver shaft n bad swing. My left arm always felt very tense esp at my left palm area; he checked n dainogised that due to my improve stance, my joint is dis-aligned thus causing the strain. He repositioned my spine n everything felt better. Highly recommended.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wrist Injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrist Injury   Wrist Injury I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wrist Injury
Page 1 of 1