Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do Those Golf Wrist Bands Actually Work ?

Go down 
+25
asahi
Slicer51
ahnah
pug
jeffman88
Newtogolf
Bear
Mike888
Technospaz
scottycollector
enwee
artchang00
scubawun
jaketang
Ssquirrel
hoelwill
Tituman
nutty88
icejazz
khan
botak
damienwah
chemicalpro
ralphlim
kevlee69
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kevlee69
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
kevlee69

Do Those Golf Wrist Bands Actually Work ? Empty
PostSubject: Do Those Golf Wrist Bands Actually Work ?   Do Those Golf Wrist Bands Actually Work ? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 10:22 pm

Hi all,
Anyone here wears those nice looking wrist bands for golfers ? Do these just look good or do they really work ? If they do work, what do they actually do ?
Back to top Go down
ralphlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ralphlim

PostSubject: Re: Do Those Golf Wrist Bands Actually Work ?   Do Those Golf Wrist Bands Actually Work ? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 10:25 pm

Go to Phiten shop in Marina Square and you can learn more about them... i wear wristband and necklace, both from Phiten, its a proven japanese technology...

read here: http://www.phiten.com/english/
Back to top Go down
chemicalpro
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chemicalpro

PostSubject: Re: Do Those Golf Wrist Bands Actually Work ?   Do Those Golf Wrist Bands Actually Work ? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 10:29 pm

http://www.trionz.com/?cmd=technology

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ionized_bracelet
Back to top Go down
kevlee69
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
kevlee69

PostSubject: Re: Do Those Golf Wrist Bands Actually Work ?   Do Those Golf Wrist Bands Actually Work ? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 10:31 pm

Thanks for the links...but do you guys really feel a difference after wearing their products ?
Back to top Go down
damienwah
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do Those Golf Wrist Bands Actually Work ?   Do Those Golf Wrist Bands Actually Work ? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 10:36 pm

Haha, i bought their necklace .. not sure if its just psychological or it just works .. but i dont ache as much .. i think. Smile
Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

PostSubject: Re: Do Those Golf Wrist Bands Actually Work ?   Do Those Golf Wrist Bands Actually Work ? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 10:41 pm

I'm intrigued... but I'm also cheap Sad
Back to top Go down
khan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
khan

PostSubject: Re: Do Those Golf Wrist Bands Actually Work ?   Do Those Golf Wrist Bands Actually Work ? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 10:51 pm

would only recommend phiten.. abit pricey ..but it work for me Smile
Back to top Go down
icejazz
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
icejazz

PostSubject: Re: Do Those Golf Wrist Bands Actually Work ?   Do Those Golf Wrist Bands Actually Work ? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 10:56 pm

i wear phiten... well it works and i'm struck with the product Smile
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: Do Those Golf Wrist Bands Actually Work ?   Do Those Golf Wrist Bands Actually Work ? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 10:13 am

I have done several tests with these products.

1. Phiten

I was in a department store in Tokyo that has a Phiten outlet. The experiment was quite simple. There were two 1.5l of bottled mineral waters which were tied together. I have to stretched out my right hand to lift up the bottles. The sales person then place a Phiten polo-t onto my shoulder and immediately I could feel the difference. I repeated that many times and the difference in effort was noticeable.

2. Owell bracelet

Standing up straight with my arms hanging down with fingers interlocked, the sales person will use his fist to push my arms downwards. When that force was exerted, my heels would lift and I fell forward. With the bracelet on my wrist after 20 secs, I felt stable.

In conclusion, metals do have an effect on human bodies. Question is that how long it will last. The effect will go off over time. Now I am feeling pains all over due to the aging process. lol!
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Do Those Golf Wrist Bands Actually Work ?   Do Those Golf Wrist Bands Actually Work ? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 10:55 am

nutty88 wrote:
I have done several tests with these products.

1. Phiten

I was in a department store in Tokyo that has a Phiten outlet. The experiment was quite simple. There were two 1.5l of bottled mineral waters which were tied together. I have to stretched out my right hand to lift up the bottles. The sales person then place a Phiten polo-t onto my shoulder and immediately I could feel the difference. I repeated that many times and the difference in effort was noticeable.

2. Owell bracelet

Standing up straight with my arms hanging down with fingers interlocked, the sales person will use his fist to push my arms downwards. When that force was exerted, my heels would lift and I fell forward. With the bracelet on my wrist after 20 secs, I felt stable.

In conclusion, metals do have an effect on human bodies. Question is that how long it will last. The effect will go off over time. Now I am feeling pains all over due to the aging process. lol!

Er Nutty, i older than you still don't feel so jialat. Going to play a game later is it so that you don't have to give stroke ah????

[img]Do Those Golf Wrist Bands Actually Work ? Buaya.th[/img]

Titu
Back to top Go down
hoelwill
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
hoelwill

PostSubject: Re: Do Those Golf Wrist Bands Actually Work ?   Do Those Golf Wrist Bands Actually Work ? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 11:22 am

Nutty,
i did try the 2-bottle thingy with phiten...
2-3 liftings seem to have the effect, but when i try a few more times, i couldn't tell anymore....
So i was not convinced. paise i m a troubleshooter by trade.
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Do Those Golf Wrist Bands Actually Work ?   Do Those Golf Wrist Bands Actually Work ? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 11:42 am

I have quite a few of these bracelets and chains, pendants, from phiten, to qray, qlink, colantotte, etc.

I think the latest flavor now is the "Power Balance" bands, the holograph thingy..

But..google "applied kinesiology tricks" ... and
..Here's an interesting clip from you tube..
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do Those Golf Wrist Bands Actually Work ?   Do Those Golf Wrist Bands Actually Work ? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 1:37 pm

i wear the colantotte wrist thingy.....

not sure if it works, but sure looks good... Smile
Back to top Go down
scubawun
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do Those Golf Wrist Bands Actually Work ?   Do Those Golf Wrist Bands Actually Work ? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 12:37 am

not sure if they work.... some of my friends swear by it, some say it has no effect... could be psychological. best way is to try and review it here on this site!
Back to top Go down
artchang00
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do Those Golf Wrist Bands Actually Work ?   Do Those Golf Wrist Bands Actually Work ? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 3:03 pm

Any updates on these bracelets?
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Do Those Golf Wrist Bands Actually Work ?   Do Those Golf Wrist Bands Actually Work ? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 3:10 pm

artchang00 wrote:
Any updates on these bracelets?
I'm using phiten, not bad...not any effect on golf, only thing is the next day morning not so stiff.
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: Do Those Golf Wrist Bands Actually Work ?   Do Those Golf Wrist Bands Actually Work ? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 3:12 pm

I wear a Sabona copper magnetic wrist band. But I'm a cynic. I think it's a whole lot of fluff. But I like how it looks Smile
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Do Those Golf Wrist Bands Actually Work ?   Do Those Golf Wrist Bands Actually Work ? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 3:21 pm

I suspect that they do but the extent of which is debatable, and differs from individual to individual.
Back to top Go down
Mike888
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Mike888

PostSubject: Re: Do Those Golf Wrist Bands Actually Work ?   Do Those Golf Wrist Bands Actually Work ? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 3:26 pm

have u guys heard abt grounded? http://groundedla.com/ im thinking to get it to try it out.
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: Do Those Golf Wrist Bands Actually Work ?   Do Those Golf Wrist Bands Actually Work ? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 3:40 pm

enwee wrote:
not any effect on golf, only thing is the next day morning not so stiff.

Not so stiff? That doesn't sound too good.
Back to top Go down
Bear
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do Those Golf Wrist Bands Actually Work ?   Do Those Golf Wrist Bands Actually Work ? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 3:41 pm

i was looking into these products too. I don belief that such a simple magnetic bracelet or infused metal fabric can actually benefit. After a whole lot of google-ing and asking friends who wore them, i thought the best way is to try it myself.

Anyway,some of these things are quite affordable now so its not really hurting my pocket should i want to give it a try.

So i tried first with a sleeve i got from ebay for $10+. I used it for 18holes and after the game my arm's weren't aching as much as before.

And recently i came into some taka vouchers so i used it to get the phiten necklace. I notice now (especially after going for a 9hole and 2 hour range session yesterday) i do not feel much ache on my shoulders that i used to feel before. I didnt wake up feeling sore this morning. Very Happy

Placebo or not, it dont matter to me now coz the phiten necklace looks pretty nice and its sort of free for me except for the $10plus phiten sleeves.

On the other hand...i believe compression wear helps quite a bit...but....that's another topic altogether....
Back to top Go down
http://www.website.co.jp
Newtogolf
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do Those Golf Wrist Bands Actually Work ?   Do Those Golf Wrist Bands Actually Work ? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 4:18 pm

kevlee69 wrote:
Hi all,
Anyone here wears those nice looking wrist bands for golfers ? Do these just look good or do they really work ? If they do work, what do they actually do ?
Main Question: what do they actually do ?
Main Answer: these just look good

Don't thank me. Thank yourself since you'd gave me your answers. Smile

Or if you want, just strap a rubber band on your wrist. It works as well. Smile
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: Do Those Golf Wrist Bands Actually Work ?   Do Those Golf Wrist Bands Actually Work ? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 4:34 pm

i use the tenex golfer elbow wrist band and seems to work for me... elbow not aching as much as before

heres another video on the placebo effects of power balance:
Back to top Go down
pug
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
pug

PostSubject: Re: Do Those Golf Wrist Bands Actually Work ?   Do Those Golf Wrist Bands Actually Work ? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 6:06 pm

http://classactionblog.mdpcelaw.com/2011/01/05/power-balance-ceo-admits-there-is-no-credible-scientific-evidence-supporting-claims-that-its-bracelet-improves-strength-balance-and-flexibility/
Back to top Go down
ahnah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ahnah

PostSubject: Re: Do Those Golf Wrist Bands Actually Work ?   Do Those Golf Wrist Bands Actually Work ? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 6:52 pm

I wear phiten, recover from tiredness is faster
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do Those Golf Wrist Bands Actually Work ?   Do Those Golf Wrist Bands Actually Work ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do Those Golf Wrist Bands Actually Work ?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next