Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Learning Golf for children

Go down 
+3
Tiramisu
junhao.ong
cmclee
7 posters
AuthorMessage
cmclee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
cmclee

Learning Golf for children Empty
PostSubject: Learning Golf for children   Learning Golf for children I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 10:51 am

Hi,
my little girl who is 2.5 years old has been asking me to bring her golfing. She had been playing around with my putter at home. So I was thinking perhaps send her for some fun golf classes for little ones.
Do you know any places conducting such classes ?  I know kindergolf does but wanted to explore other options as well. Many thanks for your sharing.

Cheers !
Back to top Go down
junhao.ong
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
junhao.ong

PostSubject: Re: Learning Golf for children   Learning Golf for children I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 10:55 am

i have seen a few kids lessons at warren country club.. the kids are being taught by trent.. you might want to check it out..
Back to top Go down
cmclee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
cmclee

PostSubject: Re: Learning Golf for children   Learning Golf for children I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 2:42 pm

Thanks. Not sure if it is only for Warren members.
Back to top Go down
Tiramisu
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Tiramisu

PostSubject: Re: Learning Golf for children   Learning Golf for children I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 4:54 pm

Toa Payoh range,Poh brothers Pro steve& Pro Lawerence teaches children golfing. You can go there to have a look.
Back to top Go down
junhao.ong
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
junhao.ong

PostSubject: Re: Learning Golf for children   Learning Golf for children I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 5:11 pm

cmclee wrote:
Thanks. Not sure if it is only for Warren members.
Definitely not, as I am not a member but learning golf in Warren as well.
Back to top Go down
Peterinjb
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Learning Golf for children   Learning Golf for children I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 6:15 pm

hi;

I think 2.5yrs might be a little too young.

For play play golf, kindergolf prolly the only place, other than that try miniature golf like putt putt at big splash, amazonia etc

For serious learning, they must have the patience and able to understand instruction so most coaches start taking kids at 5-6yrs.

I started my daughter at 5plus, some of her classmates are 5.... very difficult to deal with. Some fool around, some cry, some simply give up. The coach spend more time coaxing them rather than instruction. It will be at least 6mths before you can take them to play on course.

I suggest just take them to range a few times first. MBGC has kids clubs for loan.
Back to top Go down
idrahus
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Learning Golf for children   Learning Golf for children I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 11:02 am

Get her the plastic golf ball sold at the pro shop and kids golf set from toy 'r' us and probably putting mat. I've got three children doing golf. they started at kindergolf at the age of 6 only. Most of the time if you enrol in Kindergolf, they will only do indoor class at first. Indoor putting and chipping first.
Back to top Go down
fata
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
fata

PostSubject: Re: Learning Golf for children   Learning Golf for children I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 4:06 pm

Let me share my experience when i enrolled my son with Rick Jone's academy at BB range years back. He started off at age of 6yrs old. He show lots of interest as he is with me 90% of the time at the range. Enroll him with Rick Jone's academy and bought him US golf kids set. Love the way he swing the iron/driver and the laughter and smile on his face. He continues till P3 when the education system get better of him. Those were the days where streaming was every parent fear. Reduce his twice a week range to once a week and slowly once in 2 week to once a month. Streaming over, P5 and PSLE for P6........Sad . Sec Sch next... with no kaki's and lots of assignment, home work, he stop range altogether. No golf in school CCA. He chose soccer till O'level. By then i realise golf is gone in him. Poly next, take up bowling, represent Poly.. graduated and now in the army going through his 9 mth OCS training....@ Hmmmm... i guess my dream to see him as a pro golfer still a dream...Question And realise his interest in golf is  mainly because he is with me during his younger days...
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Learning Golf for children   Learning Golf for children I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 11:06 pm

fata wrote:
Let me share my experiencee's academy at BB range years back. He started off at age of 6yrs old. He show lots of interest as he is with me 90% of the time at the range. Enroll him with Rick Jone's academy and bought him US golf kids set. Love the way he swing the iron/driver and the laughter and smile on his face. He continues till P3 when the education system get better of him. Those were the days where streaming was every parent fear. Reduce his twice a week range to once a week and slowly once in 2 week to once a month. Streaming over, P5 and PSLE for P6........Sad . Sec Sch next... with no kaki's and lots of assignment, home work, he stop range altogether. No golf in school CCA. He chose soccer till O'level. By then i realise golf is gone in him. Poly next, take up bowling, represent Poly.. graduated and now in the army going through his 9 mth OCS training....@ Hmmmm... i guess my dream to see him as a pro golfer still a dream...Question And realise his interest in golf is  mainly because he is with me during his younger days...
Bro fata, tats so..true n realistic in Sin.Wink
At least you ve seen him grow fm one sport to another and grading well with it..golf might just a start fr him to roll his interest.Very Happy
Yr type of sport doesnt mean its yr kids sport!bounce 
I intro golf to my kids fm the very first time they wanna follow me to range (they were curious abt ...and hve them follow too when dealg w GR bros here fr those sell n buy thingy...Laughing
So...if you feel tat you can afford the time n money fr yr childrens to explore, just sign them up.Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Learning Golf for children   Learning Golf for children I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Learning Golf for children
Page 1 of 1