Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who needs a buggy?

Go down 
+10
sim.t.lim
beehome
Angchug
identti
audi
jumpz
willytan
Denmeister
chien
sob
14 posters
AuthorMessage
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

Who needs a buggy? Empty
PostSubject: Who needs a buggy?   Who needs a buggy? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 9:09 am

Check out the below video

Way cooler than using  a buggy, wonder if we can free style on the course with it.

Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

Who needs a buggy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who needs a buggy?   Who needs a buggy? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 9:20 am

Wow...

This a great video n golf idea bro.. 

Coincidentally a buddy and I were just talking about this yesterday, we were wondering whether we could buy our own buggy and park at the golf course.. Like putting our own trolley under a shed.. As many times the buggies are badly maintained, dirty and sometimes abused... 

I also think this will help speed up play.. Many times I see lazy golfers sitting inside the buggy refused to come out and walk 5m to their balls while waiting for the other golfer to play..

cheers
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

Who needs a buggy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who needs a buggy?   Who needs a buggy? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 9:24 am

Bro Chien, can't agree more on the lazy golfer issue.

I think it should help speed up play as it would allow individual golfers to go to their ball without waiting for their partners.

Interested to start a MO?Razz

BTW abt 3K aussie ea

Last edited by sob on Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

Who needs a buggy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who needs a buggy?   Who needs a buggy? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 9:25 am

Golf Skate Caddy..... great idea!  Wonder if the buggy fees will be cheaper if a golf club were to use these instead of the traditional two seater buggies.

I feel that it will speed up play quite a bit too.  However, if it is driven recklessly, the course will be quite affected.
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

Who needs a buggy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who needs a buggy?   Who needs a buggy? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 9:31 am

Shld trial it out on executive courses before endorsing it on the regular courses. Will definitely be a exciting landscape change when such equipment are used.
Back to top Go down
jumpz
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
jumpz

Who needs a buggy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who needs a buggy?   Who needs a buggy? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 9:32 am

Looks like a great product idea. Would love to try it out. Looks like a skateboard on the course.
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

Who needs a buggy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who needs a buggy?   Who needs a buggy? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 10:20 am

it looks like the "disabled people vehicle" to me. but its a brilliant idea!
Back to top Go down
identti
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Who needs a buggy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who needs a buggy?   Who needs a buggy? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 10:59 am

damn i'm seriously sold on this.. if it is light weight enuff it will be more environmentally friendly and economical in the long run than the buggy cart

only downside is that no rain shelter.. heh so have to use on a sunny day
Back to top Go down
Angchug
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Angchug

Who needs a buggy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who needs a buggy?   Who needs a buggy? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 6:44 pm

Buggy is Money making Machine here. Generate lots of revenues for club like nsrcc.
I ever ask Kranji if I could bring my own buggy. They told me to go fly kite. 
In Aust they do allow you to use your own buggy.
Back to top Go down
beehome
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
beehome

Who needs a buggy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who needs a buggy?   Who needs a buggy? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 7:08 pm

Wow! Real cool,man.
Back to top Go down
sim.t.lim
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
sim.t.lim

Who needs a buggy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who needs a buggy?   Who needs a buggy? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 10:10 pm

Question, what if rain how??? In Singapore sometimes the weather will be very hot if without the shade . Then if some one shout for fall!!!!!!!! You got no where to hide...
Back to top Go down
jumpz
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
jumpz

Who needs a buggy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who needs a buggy?   Who needs a buggy? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 10:31 pm

sim.t.lim wrote:
Question, what if rain how??? In Singapore sometimes the weather will be very hot if without the shade . Then if some one shout for fall!!!!!!!! You got no where to hide...
Then have to bring a helmet along. Maybe the reservist helmet can be of some good use.
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

Who needs a buggy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who needs a buggy?   Who needs a buggy? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 10:33 pm

Got umbrella holder, buy big umbrella.
Back to top Go down
devil_wq
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Who needs a buggy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who needs a buggy?   Who needs a buggy? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 11:50 pm

Great idea! Definitely makes golf even more fun. The problem is will courses in Sg or Mys let people use them?
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

Who needs a buggy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who needs a buggy?   Who needs a buggy? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 1:30 am

Knowing Singapore golf course management styles, I suspect even if you bring this to a walking course they will not allow you to use it, or stand in it, simply because they have no idea how to deal with something new. 

As for hoping to not pay buggy fees cos of this, I think u guys know the answer to that already. 

However, if you are a member of an exclusive club, maybe you have a chance of convincing the greens committee. If you are a pay and play golfer, chances are that you better get your line ready and hope for strong wind
Back to top Go down
astroboy888
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Who needs a buggy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who needs a buggy?   Who needs a buggy? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 9:17 am

Good thing about living in NZ is that you are allowed to bring/use and even store your personal buggy at the course although the majority of players walk. At my club the storage is full so some members just trailer their buggy's home. On another note, trailers behind cars are common here. All you need is to ensure the trailer is road legal and do your annual safety tests that takes a few minutes.

They also charge you a little extra annually to use your own buggy, something like $200. Not all clubs charge the same. 

Most clubs in NZ charge members by the year for membership, starting from $700 to a few thousand annually. No monthly subscription or green fees. Most clubs are simple affairs with a small club house and your golf course. No fancy facilities like the majority of the clubs in Asia.

I like it that way.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

Who needs a buggy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who needs a buggy?   Who needs a buggy? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 11:08 am

sob wrote:

I think it should help speed up play as it would allow individual golfers to go to their ball without waiting for their partners.

BTW abt 3K aussie ea
3K??? Here quoted $8k....
http://www.golfrepublic.org/t25181-wackiest-golf-ideas-and-gadgets#402024
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

Who needs a buggy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who needs a buggy?   Who needs a buggy? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 1:39 pm

Tituman wrote:
sob wrote:

BTW abt 3K aussie ea
3K??? Here quoted $8k....
http://www.golfrepublic.org/t25181-wackiest-golf-ideas-and-gadgets#402024
Bro Titu,

that one is call Manty, made in Holland by Leev.

Video here is GSC, made in Oz.

Have not found a China one yet, might be cheaper.Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Who needs a buggy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who needs a buggy?   Who needs a buggy? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who needs a buggy?
Page 1 of 1