Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

slow play killing golf!!!

Go down 
+35
Birdman
nutty88
abadan
Vinny
mloy
blee67
TDO
FVTPL
callsign75
Bangla123
Quest
golfjunk
davecsh
Technospaz
IceShelterX
DRGjr72
hkhamateur
iron eagle
fata
willytan
asahi
snagy23
billi
beehome
kevlee69
flog-er
dyeosh
enwee
sob
vinjess
pushslice
haragolfer
Duval_S
DiVoTion
dunlookback
39 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
dunlookback
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

slow play killing golf!!! Empty
PostSubject: slow play killing golf!!!   slow play killing golf!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 2:59 pm

Playing a round of 18 nowadays take abt 5hr.. nowadays hard to estimate finish timing..

so fustrating.. n I dun understand why so many people must teach their friends on course?? Can't they go range?

Tink playing a rd become so long that many might not play anymore..

sorry for my ratter but I think there are some truths..
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org/t25292-tour-issue-irons-taylormade-r
DiVoTion
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
DiVoTion

PostSubject: Re: slow play killing golf!!!   slow play killing golf!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 3:05 pm

dunlookback wrote:
Playing a round of 18 nowadays take abt 5hr.. nowadays hard to estimate finish timing..

so fustrating.. n I dun understand why so many people must teach their friends on course?? Can't they go range?

Tink playing a rd become so long that many might not play anymore..

sorry for my ratter but I think there are some truths..
Waaa... what happened today...
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: slow play killing golf!!!   slow play killing golf!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 3:27 pm

Anything more than 5 hrs is crazy..... Nowadays I enjoy 9holes game
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: slow play killing golf!!!   slow play killing golf!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 3:51 pm

that's why I say play 15 hole's golf
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: slow play killing golf!!!   slow play killing golf!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 3:56 pm

Last Sunday I played for 4hrs at OCC. just nice. 

Whenever you had slow round, observe the number of flights. Was it crowded? Did the Marshalls allow at east 9-10ms in between flights? 

Inadequate spacing/intervals also contribute to bottlenecks, esp. at par 3s.
Back to top Go down
vinjess
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
vinjess

PostSubject: Re: slow play killing golf!!!   slow play killing golf!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 7:01 pm

I believe some dun intend to slow the back flight. Just imagine you playing with newbie and their ball go left or right or even keep topping. Once upon a time we also newbie so give others a chance la..Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

PostSubject: Re: slow play killing golf!!!   slow play killing golf!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 7:10 pm

vinjess wrote:
I believe some dun intend to slow the back flight. Just imagine you playing with newbie and their ball go left or right or even keep topping. Once upon a time we also newbie so give others a chance la..Very Happy
I'm fine with noobs, everyone had to start somewhere.
Just pissed at people who should be playing whites but insist on playing blues.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: slow play killing golf!!!   slow play killing golf!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 7:16 pm

sob wrote:
vinjess wrote:
+1

I seen many people in JB especially doing this. If the course is empty I don't care but the course is pack......
Back to top Go down
vinjess
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
vinjess

PostSubject: Re: slow play killing golf!!!   slow play killing golf!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 7:20 pm

True true. I only play blue when the course is empty or theres a jam in front Smile
Back to top Go down
dyeosh
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: slow play killing golf!!!   slow play killing golf!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 7:25 pm

vinjess wrote:
True true. I only play blue when the course is empty or theres a jam in front Smile
I only play white tee, not so skillful to play blue tee..... So to speed up the game.
Back to top Go down
flog-er
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: slow play killing golf!!!   slow play killing golf!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 9:12 pm

sob wrote:
Quote :
Totally agree....

Marshalls shld be moving flights along and "recommending" ppl to play off whites if they are causing bottlenecks

Once played behind a flight who were playing off blues and taking their second shots at the 200 yard markers on par-4 holes...
Back to top Go down
kevlee69
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
kevlee69

PostSubject: Re: slow play killing golf!!!   slow play killing golf!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 9:15 pm

sob wrote:
vinjess wrote:
Both players and marshals have to do their part to make the game enjoyable for themselves and others. Handicap above 18 should stick to the whites and if one guy in the group is a beginner, the rest should do the right thing and play from whites. Marshals should also go round the course and make sure everyone keeps pace. Don't know if it is just me but I notice that the marshals at several courses are less on the ball nowadays.
Back to top Go down
beehome
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
beehome

PostSubject: Re: slow play killing golf!!!   slow play killing golf!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 9:38 pm

I ever encountered a group of 4 newbies who I guessed must be betting. Everyone of them must hole all putts even from like 1 foot. Imagine their shots were sprayed all over the fairway and then taking 3-4 putts!

Drive me crazy even though I am only a seasoned beginner.

In golf the pace of play is very important. This is 1 part of being ethical. Everyone starts as a beginner but on course there is a minimum speed.
Back to top Go down
billi
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
billi

PostSubject: Re: slow play killing golf!!!   slow play killing golf!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 9:43 pm

They themselves dont even know they are slow
king
Back to top Go down
snagy23
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
snagy23

PostSubject: Re: slow play killing golf!!!   slow play killing golf!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 10:40 pm

sob wrote:
vinjess wrote:
i witness that sometime back at MBGC, even complain to marshall takes no action, some of them driver cant even pass red tee, our flight was approaching green and they were teeing off, only to see when we reach the next tee, they are like maybe 100m or so infront of us. faint! btw, we were playing off white.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: slow play killing golf!!!   slow play killing golf!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 10:44 pm

hahahahha.......rant about this enough liao.

Constant problem with some golfers on the course.

Today asked a flight of sloooooowwwww 4 balls if they can allow our flight to pass......well, typically for 4-5 holes, at least 3 of them would be like 5-6 still at fringe kind and no flight behind us for 3 holes at least, thought they can go behind us and take their time to enjoy the game more.......guess what, they said no. 

Fine! We turned up our game and started pressuring them at every hole i.e. always in ready positions to hit, be it when they were at fairway or greens and kept looking at them.

Eventually they cracked. 

White Flag
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: slow play killing golf!!!   slow play killing golf!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 10:50 pm

asahi wrote:
hahahahha.......rant about this enough liao.

Constant problem with some golfers on the course.

Today asked a flight of sloooooowwwww 4 balls if they can allow our flight to pass......well, typically for 4-5 holes, at least 3 of them would be like 5-6 still at fringe kind and no flight behind us for 3 holes at least, thought they can go behind us and take their time to enjoy the game more.......guess what, they said no. 

Fine! We turned up our game and started pressuring them at every hole i.e. always in ready positions to hit, be it when they were at fairway or greens and kept looking at them.

Eventually they cracked. 

White Flag
Slow? play from blue? Btw what did u do, land your ball 10m behind them????

Last wk in Palm resorts, 4 super slow kimchis tee of from blue, 1-2 took ages to find balls. After front 9, we thought taking a short toilet break and also refilled some water, but after the 2 holes we still catches up with them, WTF, even with teh marshall chasing them they just simply bo chap.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: slow play killing golf!!!   slow play killing golf!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 11:00 pm

I am still an advocate for dress code.....eg. if I cant play to < 18 HCP, I should not be wearing white belt. This unnecessary give others the perception that the wear-er is good player and has the right to wait for green to clear when he is 200m fm the green.
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: slow play killing golf!!!   slow play killing golf!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 11:32 pm

Dun mind me but I m still a newbie but for everyone to enjoy the game n maintain a good pace, everyone should do their upmost part so we can enjoy the game.

- if u are slow n your shots are short, play from the white n let the flight behind u pass so you wldnt be pressured to play faster n the flight wldnt be pissed.

- if you think u are paying the same amount as everyone else n fcuk care even thou you can't play from blue tee; better do so on your own golf course as there are many ppl behind you paying the same or even more to enjoy the game on the same golf course.

I usually will let the flight overtake if they are play faster so I dun have to constantly check my back if there are ppl waiting to tee off. 

Finally, I always hate it the the front flight take their own sweet time to putt as if they are betting very huge on every hole. If you 3 putted still 10yards away, just take last shot quickly dun wait for everyone to finish then check the line n line-up for the putt like a touring pro. 

Just my take.
Something we do so unknowingly.
Back to top Go down
fata
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
fata

PostSubject: Re: slow play killing golf!!!   slow play killing golf!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 11:49 pm

My favorite qoute to slow player... "Take your time buddy, but hurry up Very Happy" . I'd suggest to all slow players, go for weekdays. Best is Mon, Tue or Wed... super less flight. But of course you can play on weekends too...cheers
Back to top Go down
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: slow play killing golf!!!   slow play killing golf!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 9:50 am

We play 2 ball Poresia, 18 holes Blue tee would take us 2hrs 20minutes if
 no flight in front blocking us. If there's flight in front standing at tee box is
 enough to pressure the front flight they would normally tell us to over take them!
 ha ha ! so far so good!
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: slow play killing golf!!!   slow play killing golf!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 9:53 am

fata wrote:
My favorite qoute to slow player... "Take your time buddy, but hurry up Very Happy" . I'd suggest to all slow players, go for weekdays. Best is Mon, Tue or Wed... super less flight. But of course you can play on weekends too...cheers
I remb tat.. Razz Razz 
Did u apply on me?Question 
My late apology bro. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: slow play killing golf!!!   slow play killing golf!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 11:03 am

i believe too much range time practising drivers and other ego boosting shots are contributing to these slow golf syndrome.  if everyone just got a move on, with 5 clubs or less, the game would definitely be faster.
Back to top Go down
snagy23
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
snagy23

PostSubject: Re: slow play killing golf!!!   slow play killing golf!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 12:37 pm

haragolfer wrote:
i believe too much range time practising drivers and other ego boosting shots are contributing to these slow golf syndrome.  if everyone just got a move on, with 5 clubs or less, the game would definitely be faster.
Haragolfer bro, another 5 club game soon? Kekeke
Back to top Go down
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
DRGjr72

PostSubject: Re: slow play killing golf!!!   slow play killing golf!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 2:28 pm

It is really simple.  Just keep up with the group in front of you.  If they are slow, you will be pressing them no problem.  If they are quick, you will have to make sure to play more ready golf.

I have played with my fair share of good and bad golfers.  I have seen the best players be ridiculously slow, and conversely I have seen the worst players keep up with no problem.  

The bottom line is to make sure you are ready to hit when it is your turn.  If you know you are slow and take to many practice swings/plumb bobs/stand over the ball too long, cut it in half.  It will not harm your results in any way.

In my experience there is a phenomenon called paralysis by analysis.  Essentially it is people thinking too much over a golf shot.  More often than not you can do better by thinking less and letting your mind fill in the blanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: slow play killing golf!!!   slow play killing golf!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

slow play killing golf!!!
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next