Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

poresia golf club

Go down 
+20
Bengujbong
A Senior
grwilliam
stl67
nutty88
nerij
TDO
KCL
Khorkar
flashpacker
Asguard
asahi
leobody
Quest
Flash
iron eagle
je7170
greenbie
katherinechiok
Barnes
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

poresia golf club - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: poresia golf club   poresia golf club - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 10:19 pm

Thanks Khorkar and TDO.
Got to try to know.
Back to top Go down
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: poresia golf club   poresia golf club - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 9:09 am

TDO wrote:
Personally, I am not sure as I have not played Cempaka for at least 10 years. But if you want challenge, play the Old Course (Sakura/Orchid) during weekdays off the Blue tee. It will definitely be tougher and challenging.

We play 2 ball every Thursday try to break 90 from Blue tee
ain't  easy!  two weeks ago I played Orchid and Bouganvilla
broke 88 from real Blue tee!
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: poresia golf club   poresia golf club - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 9:17 am

We play 2 ball every Thursday try to break 90 from Blue tee ain't  easy!  two weeks ago I played Orchid and Bouganvilla broke 88 from real Blue tee!

IMO, Bougainvillea is easier. Maybe you can try the combination of Hibiscus/Sakura. This could be a great challenge.Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
nerij
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: poresia golf club   poresia golf club - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 5:27 am

Hi guys, will the club be open on Thursday?
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: poresia golf club   poresia golf club - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 8:16 am

Poresia is open on Hari Raya Puasa. Be prepared to give Green Packets (Muslims) though. It's their holiday.Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: poresia golf club   poresia golf club - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 9:48 am

Please note that nowadays the club opens two of the 9 holes for weekday play only.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: poresia golf club   poresia golf club - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 9:52 am

nutty88 wrote:
Please note that nowadays the club opens two of the 9 holes for weekday play only.

Is it? As member I am not aware. So paiseh as I can hardly find the time to play on weekdays.
Back to top Go down
nerij
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: poresia golf club   poresia golf club - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 2:16 pm

Thanks TDO
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: poresia golf club   poresia golf club - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 2:19 pm

TDO wrote:
nutty88 wrote:

Is it? As member I am not aware. So paiseh as I can hardly find the time to play on weekdays.

There is a sign board near the counter that shows the maintenance schedule for weekdays.
Back to top Go down
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Serity Guard House   poresia golf club - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 2:21 pm

iron eagle wrote:
je7170 wrote:
If you consider buying the membership, take into consideration that one 9 hole will be close for condo development.

In one to two years time they will closed Bouganvilla, so left with
3 course Sakura, Orchid and Hibiscus. Back to the original 27 holes
when I first join Poresia in 1999 for $5k afternoon membership. Now membership maybe  around $1800.00 with one year free subscription.

Nearest course to 2nd Link.

They closed Hibiscus instead and old mature long course! sight!!

It took them more than 6 months to renovate the small Security Guard House, in SG the Contractor would hv gone bankrupt !! Now that it's opened we don't have to make a de-tour 5km into the estate!
makan agin!
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: poresia golf club   poresia golf club - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 3:52 pm

I hope in the near future, they will not be thinking about selling away Bougainvillea Course. I think the current Management is facing financial difficulty. Replacing the carpets in the changing room is also a problem. So run-down and embarrassing to bring guests there. Change new buggies, charge higher buggy fee and didn't maintain the buggies. Have empty sand bottles and dry ball cleaner. You have to fill in the water yourself if you want to use it. Buggies are dirty after only a few months old. Never wash, ash trays not cleared. Tee box have no sand for repairing divots. Don't even bother to go round protecting the fairways by tying ropes to prevent buggies from entering when the course is wet.  My God! Shocked It could have been better if the Management set their mind to correct the current situation.
Back to top Go down
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: poresia golf club   poresia golf club - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 8:17 pm

Basically the workers from Marshall, divot repair workers are lazy, they have this don't be bother attitude. Even allocating golfers to courses and management, its a neglect,. Marshall
will tell which course go but down the road 2 hours later maybe no Marshall.

For instance they told you to go play Bauganvilla than Orchid 2nd line. But the time when you finished Bouganvilla, Orchid course full of golfers waiting there, nobody want to tee off at Bouganvilla.. This is frustrating for cross over 2nd flight. And you have to wait for them to tee off, worst still, you kenna new golfers x 4, no etiquettes, siow lioa la!!! this can be very frustrating! The only way is to jump hole, over take!
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: poresia golf club   poresia golf club - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 9:01 pm

I gave up on this place....

Just go there occasionally still fine
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: poresia golf club   poresia golf club - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 9:11 pm

asahi wrote:
I gave up on this place....

Just go there occasionally still fine
Bro, but occasionally hardly see you nowadays leh. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
stl67
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: poresia golf club   poresia golf club - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 5:50 pm

Dear golfers,
Old thread but would like to know the following:
How is the condition for Poresia? Any promotion that you know?
Back to top Go down
grwilliam
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: poresia golf club   poresia golf club - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 7:34 pm

stl67 wrote:
Dear golfers,
Old thread but would like to know the following:
How is the condition for Poresia? Any promotion that you know?

Weekday morning RM88.(green fee, buggy and lunch).

http://poresia.com.sg/promotions.php
Back to top Go down
stl67
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: poresia golf club   poresia golf club - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 5:28 pm

wah looks attractive.. is buggy on track or faiway?  does anyone knows? we plan to play 36 holes, so if buggy on track may be quite tiring.
Back to top Go down
A Senior
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: poresia golf club   poresia golf club - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 10:35 pm

Sunday PM rate for walk-in rm120, correct? Website rate for guest.
Need handicap for Sunday?
Back to top Go down
Quest
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Quest

PostSubject: Re: poresia golf club   poresia golf club - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 11:16 pm

stl67 wrote:
wah looks attractive.. is buggy on track or faiway?  does anyone knows? we plan to play 36 holes, so if buggy on track may be quite tiring.

Buggy on course almost all the time.
Back to top Go down
Bengujbong
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: poresia golf club   poresia golf club - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 1:48 pm

Anyone played there recently ? How is the condition of the fairways and the greens ? I am planning to go there end of the week or early next week ?
Which course do you advise for beginners ?
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: poresia golf club   poresia golf club - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 2:10 pm

Bengujbong wrote:
Anyone played there recently ? How is the condition of the fairways and the greens ? I am planning to go there end of the week or early next week ?
Course condition is very good for non-fussy golfers. May not be for high expectation golfers. Laughing
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: poresia golf club   poresia golf club - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 2:22 pm

Bengujbong wrote:
It is better for beginners to stay away from Poresia as it can be quite punishing. Many members will KPKB about slow play already made slow by some Japs during cross-over. There are also many who believe they can but cannot and still want to play Blue Tees. But of course this don't only happen in Poresia but elsewhere. Play the Blues and end in the blues. Weekend Blue Tees are actually weekday White Tees. Cool
Back to top Go down
abadan
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
abadan

PostSubject: Re: poresia golf club   poresia golf club - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 2:38 pm

Lets see if i can answer a few of the questions posted...

Poreisia has a promo gg on now for Sundays and PHs. RM150 all in till end Sept.

Sat is around RM220. 

Will be asked to show hcp card when u register.

Cow grass course. Buggy on course. Distance in Yards. 

Left only 3 9's. Orchid, Bougainvillea and Sakura. (hibiscus has been closed down for awhile already).

They have cut alot of the long rough, so now easier to find your ball when u've hit a wild shot. 

Greens are not consistent thru-out all 27 holes. Some greens slow.. some even slower!! But not as bad as Warren GC hehe. The greens to me, is what killed the course rating. Otherwise it has a pretty challenging layout. 

Which 9 is easier? I think they're all pretty tough. Pretty long course off the blue tees. Ladies might like it there cus the red tees are miles away from the blues hahaha. 

Whether or not the course is "frenly", i think quite personal. Some ppl see water, bunkers, OB, hazards...no feeling. others see already knees weak.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bengujbong
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: poresia golf club   poresia golf club - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 12:33 pm

Thanks alot for the update. Finally, I will go to Horizon Hills tomorrow. I will try Poresia next week.
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: poresia golf club   poresia golf club - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 12:52 pm

Wow I like this statement

Some ppl see water, bunkers, OB, hazards...no feeling. others see already knees weak.  poresia golf club - Page 2 Icon_biggrin"

Steady lah bro.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: poresia golf club   poresia golf club - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

poresia golf club
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next