Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Difference between stage 2 and stage 2 tour driver

Go down 
+4
Turbo
enwee
apollo23
Miyaki
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Miyaki
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Miyaki

Difference between stage 2 and stage 2 tour driver Empty
PostSubject: Difference between stage 2 and stage 2 tour driver   Difference between stage 2 and stage 2 tour driver I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 9:33 pm

Any kind souls can advise?
Back to top Go down
apollo23
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Difference between stage 2 and stage 2 tour driver   Difference between stage 2 and stage 2 tour driver I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 9:48 am

I am a newbie as well.

But understand from my colleagues, the shaft for tour will be stiffer and CG lower to encourage lower trajectory for more distance.

Tour series are generally for lower handicappers.

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Difference between stage 2 and stage 2 tour driver   Difference between stage 2 and stage 2 tour driver I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 10:06 am

I think the tour version is smaller head? Also tour version generally open face.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Difference between stage 2 and stage 2 tour driver   Difference between stage 2 and stage 2 tour driver I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 1:20 pm

enwee wrote:
I think the tour version is smaller head? Also tour version generally open face.
Bro, not for Stage II this time (U can read it in GolfWRX) ... The head size, shape and neutral face angle are all similar except only for the shaft used. In the past, the Burner standard version and TP version have differences like shape of clubhead (deeper & more compact for TP version although CC was similar) and open face clubhead face (about 2-3 deg open for TP version) and the shaft as well (Ozik Matrix 65g on the TP version) ... and therefore resulted in differing swing weight (D4 on the TP version).

Last edited by Turbo on Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Difference between stage 2 and stage 2 tour driver   Difference between stage 2 and stage 2 tour driver I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 1:39 pm

You can read under Performance by clicking the link below:

http://www.golfwrx.com/88557/taylormade-rocketballz-stage-2-driver-editor-review/

The RBZ Stage 2 Tour driver uses the same head shape as the non-Tour model, but changes in TaylorMade’s tooling allowed engineers to move the CG lower and more forward. This lowers spin, giving higher-speed players the flatter trajectory they need to maximize carry and roll.

The RBZ Stage 2 drivers are available in a standard version with lofts of 9.5, 10.5 and 11.5 with a Fujikura RocketFuel 50 graphite shaft in X, S, R and M flexes in a standard length of 46 inches and a swing weight of D6 for $249.

The Tour Version ($299) comes in 9- and 10.5-degree lofts with Matrix’s 6Q3 or 7Q3 “Red Tie” shaft. Its standard length is 45.5 inches with a D4 swing weight.

Both drivers feature TaylorMade’s 3-degree loft sleeve, which adjusts loft and face angle simultaneously.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Difference between stage 2 and stage 2 tour driver   Difference between stage 2 and stage 2 tour driver I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 2:30 pm

Taylormade is confusing the end user, go to the US web, you can see the stage 2 got 4 models. Stage 2, stage 2 TP, Stage 2 tour and stage 2 tour tp.
Back to top Go down
abadan
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
abadan

PostSubject: Re: Difference between stage 2 and stage 2 tour driver   Difference between stage 2 and stage 2 tour driver I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 3:13 pm

Turbo is right. they've stopped making TP models with open face ever since they've adjustable loft/lie adjustments. They let the user adjust to be the best settings for that individual. 

The difference in head is in e design. the Tour model has a deeper face and slightly different weight placement. TP models usually come with a heavier shaft, so they have slightly heavier heads to keep the club in a preferable swing weight range. Sounds a lil diff too. 

Enwee...

Stage 2 (normal) comes with 50 gram shaft
Stage 2 TP comes with a choice of TP shaft upgrade options. 
Stage 2 Tour comes with standard 6Q3 shaft.
Stage 2 Tour TP comes with a choice of TP shaft upgrade options.

TP shafts are no longer watered down. TM now quite strict on wat they put their TP logo on.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Difference between stage 2 and stage 2 tour driver   Difference between stage 2 and stage 2 tour driver I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 8:40 pm

Now the problem is, as you adjust the loft angle downward, the clubhead face will open as well ... When you adjust the loft angle upward, the clubhead face will close accordingly at an angle ...

Bro abadan, do u know how much the clubhead face will open if you adjust the loft downward by 0.5 deg?
Back to top Go down
pug
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
pug

PostSubject: Re: Difference between stage 2 and stage 2 tour driver   Difference between stage 2 and stage 2 tour driver I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 10:59 pm

I guess if you want more adjustability you can opt for the R11/R1 series.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Difference between stage 2 and stage 2 tour driver   Difference between stage 2 and stage 2 tour driver I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 12:04 am

pug wrote:
I am from the old skool ... If given a choice, I would opt for a non-adjustable driver ... Cool
Back to top Go down
eggyolk
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
eggyolk

PostSubject: Re: Difference between stage 2 and stage 2 tour driver   Difference between stage 2 and stage 2 tour driver I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 5:48 am

Turbo wrote:
Now the problem is, as you adjust the loft angle downward, the clubhead face will open as well ... When you adjust the loft angle upward, the clubhead face will close accordingly at an angle ...

Bro abadan, do u know how much the clubhead face will open if you adjust the loft downward by 0.5 deg?
A taylormade staff once told me that a 1 degree change in loft will change face angle by 2 degrees. Not sure how accurate this is. Anyone has any info?
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Difference between stage 2 and stage 2 tour driver   Difference between stage 2 and stage 2 tour driver I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 10:31 am

Turbo wrote:
pug wrote:
I am from the old skool.. If given a choice, I would opt for a non-adjustable driver ... Cool
Do agree w u bro. Wink
But Technology advancement are Rocket science tat we cant ignore. Cool 
Still we hve to safe keep the basic (old skool) as our fundamental otherwise we wldnt knw where's the beginning in the first place. Smile
Back to top Go down
abadan
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
abadan

PostSubject: Re: Difference between stage 2 and stage 2 tour driver   Difference between stage 2 and stage 2 tour driver I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 7:39 pm

For every one degree of loft you add... you close the face by 2*

i.e.. from 9*.. you add to 10.5*.. you will actually close the face by 3*. 
or... from 10*.. close to 8.5*.. you open the clubface 3*

That is why R11 and R1 has the adjustable sole plate for users to neutralise the clubface. 

Everyone has a diff swing. Some prefer square face, some like closed.. some like open. Its all a matter of preference. Adjustable clubs just gives u the versatility if/when you need it. Also a marketing strategy to reach a wider target market.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Difference between stage 2 and stage 2 tour driver   Difference between stage 2 and stage 2 tour driver I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Difference between stage 2 and stage 2 tour driver
Page 1 of 1