Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pace of Play: 'Grab Your Clubs

Go down 
+8
AhLEM
dtan
Turbo
kamen
18underPar
divotee
rlhk
billi
12 posters
AuthorMessage
billi
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
billi

Pace of Play: 'Grab Your Clubs Empty
PostSubject: Pace of Play: 'Grab Your Clubs   Pace of Play: 'Grab Your Clubs I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 4:12 pm

http://www.golfchannel.com/media/pace-of-play-tip-grab-your-clubs-061713/
Back to top Go down
rlhk
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Pace of Play: 'Grab Your Clubs   Pace of Play: 'Grab Your Clubs I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 4:59 pm

yup, i grabbed my whatever clubs i need to where my ball lands if buggy on track.
but overseas, which is usually buggy on track, the caddy will run to and fro the buggy to grab clubs, poor them. however, i usually tell them which club i want for which distance, so they are prepared.
Back to top Go down
divotee
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
divotee

PostSubject: Re: Pace of Play: 'Grab Your Clubs   Pace of Play: 'Grab Your Clubs I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 7:49 pm

I have never seen anyone unstrapping their bag for their shot.
Back to top Go down
18underPar
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
18underPar

PostSubject: Re: Pace of Play: 'Grab Your Clubs   Pace of Play: 'Grab Your Clubs I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 2:28 am

We're seeing a lot of these commercials over in North America lately!  The USGA has officially begun their new slow-play initiative this week and has come out with a lot of great videos featuring Tour Pros and Celebrities!  Including Tiger and Arnold Palmer too!  Check out some of their video campaign titled "While We're Young" here:

http://www.eighteenunderpar.com/while-were-young-by-the-usga/
Back to top Go down
http://www.EighteenUnderPar.com
billi
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
billi

PostSubject: Re: Pace of Play: 'Grab Your Clubs   Pace of Play: 'Grab Your Clubs I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 3:50 pm

Another new words for speed p play 

""  'While We're Young' ""
Back to top Go down
kamen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kamen

PostSubject: Re: Pace of Play: 'Grab Your Clubs   Pace of Play: 'Grab Your Clubs I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 4:24 pm

Arnie BLINKED! Guess  he wasn't feeling so lucky that day. LOL!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/spcasingapore
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Pace of Play: 'Grab Your Clubs   Pace of Play: 'Grab Your Clubs I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 10:16 pm

This is classic ...

Back to top Go down
dtan
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
dtan

PostSubject: Re: Pace of Play: 'Grab Your Clubs   Pace of Play: 'Grab Your Clubs I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 10:51 pm

Have you ever come across golfers playing 2 balls......I have come across a few times once was a Korean group and another a group of senior golfers....each of them teeing off 2 balls at each holes and after that they will pick up the shorter or wayward ball and play the best tee off ball for their 2nd shot......tell me if you have.
Back to top Go down
http://davidtnm@yahoo.com
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Pace of Play: 'Grab Your Clubs   Pace of Play: 'Grab Your Clubs I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 11:41 pm

dtan wrote:
Have you ever come across golfers playing 2 balls......I have come across a few times once was a Korean group and another a group of senior golfers....each of them teeing off 2 balls at each holes and after that they will pick up the shorter or wayward ball and play the best tee off ball for their 2nd shot......tell me if you have.

Perhaps they were training for "best of 2 balls" matchplay tournament ... Very Happy

Last edited by Turbo on Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AhLEM
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
AhLEM

PostSubject: Re: Pace of Play: 'Grab Your Clubs   Pace of Play: 'Grab Your Clubs I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 8:45 pm

I saw a couple (lady held an umbrella) tee off 10 balls at Mandai executive last Thursday morning. Held up all the groups behind. One group shouted at them but they bo chap. Best play many balls from fairway and putt many many balls. In short, treating the public course like their private training ground. My first time encountered such absurd inconsiderate golfers!
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Pace of Play: 'Grab Your Clubs   Pace of Play: 'Grab Your Clubs I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 12:30 am

AhLEM wrote:
I saw a couple (lady held an umbrella) tee off 10 balls at Mandai executive last Thursday morning. Held up all the groups behind. One group shouted at them but they bo chap. Best play many balls from fairway and putt many many balls. In short, treating the public course like their private training ground. My first time encountered such absurd inconsiderate golfers!

Why no one complain to the Marshall on duty? scratch
Back to top Go down
AhLEM
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
AhLEM

PostSubject: Re: Pace of Play: 'Grab Your Clubs   Pace of Play: 'Grab Your Clubs I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 10:28 am

Tried but no Marshall in sight. It's a no man's land. Some called it a cowboy course.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Pace of Play: 'Grab Your Clubs   Pace of Play: 'Grab Your Clubs I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 10:35 am

AhLEM wrote:
Tried but no Marshall in sight. It's a no man's land. Some called it a cowboy course.
Exexcutive course like that one lah, I once took almost 2 hrs to finish 9 holes, almost as long as a full 9 holes.
Back to top Go down
Heiwa
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Pace of Play: 'Grab Your Clubs   Pace of Play: 'Grab Your Clubs I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 7:39 pm

enwee wrote:
AhLEM wrote:
Exexcutive course like that one lah, I once took almost 2 hrs to finish 9 holes, almost as long as a full 9 holes.

Curious. In such a situation, no marshals, then is there a solution? Go in front and talk to them? Just wondering.
Back to top Go down
gino
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Pace of Play: 'Grab Your Clubs   Pace of Play: 'Grab Your Clubs I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 7:05 pm

At executive course, I sometimes skip holes to get in front of slow groups and revisit holes if I feel like. It's a beginner course and I am more tolerant as I recall my early days. Since we are there to enjoy, no point in getting angry...
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Pace of Play: 'Grab Your Clubs   Pace of Play: 'Grab Your Clubs I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 9:56 am

In the context of singapore's buggy on course practice, i think limiting our pre shot routine, getting ready with our club selection and knowing the distance is more applicable. Know where the yardage markers or sprinklers or using a range finder.

More often, i see golfers doing nothing on the green while waiting for their turn. We can still read greens while others putt. Just dont make a lot of noise or movement lor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pace of Play: 'Grab Your Clubs   Pace of Play: 'Grab Your Clubs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pace of Play: 'Grab Your Clubs
Page 1 of 1