Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Affiliated clubs - Can PRs play in SG

Go down 
+5
mowen
blee67
JonL_TK
Agumon
golfool2009
9 posters
AuthorMessage
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

Affiliated clubs - Can PRs play in SG Empty
PostSubject: Affiliated clubs - Can PRs play in SG   Affiliated clubs - Can PRs play in SG I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 9:47 am

A convoluted title but bear with me.

I just realised that my club in KL is affiliated to 5 very good golf clubs in SG...however, someone had told me that once you take up PR in SG, these clubs don't allow you to use your affiliated membership...anyone have experience with this?

I know singaporean clubs want to stop singaporeans from buying clubs in M;sia then using it to play in SG....
Back to top Go down
Agumon
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Agumon

PostSubject: Re: Affiliated clubs - Can PRs play in SG   Affiliated clubs - Can PRs play in SG I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 9:57 am

yes.. dont let them know u r a PR..

n of course dont play every week la Embarassed
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Affiliated clubs - Can PRs play in SG   Affiliated clubs - Can PRs play in SG I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 10:00 am

Which clubs in SG?
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Affiliated clubs - Can PRs play in SG   Affiliated clubs - Can PRs play in SG I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 10:02 am

GF, I think there was a discussion on this before and and if I am not wrong, you can but there is a limit to the number of times you can play.

Oh ya, which clubs ah?
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

PostSubject: Re: Affiliated clubs - Can PRs play in SG   Affiliated clubs - Can PRs play in SG I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 10:04 am

Keppel, SICC, Jurong, Warren and Raffles.....

I called Keppel and the woman there gave me a non-commital answer....but yeah, just not every week i guess....
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Affiliated clubs - Can PRs play in SG   Affiliated clubs - Can PRs play in SG I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 10:06 am

Of course you don't go around announcing that you are a PR (although I know you want to)...
Anyway since u can play @ SICC... Maybe time for you to get ASSed
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

PostSubject: Re: Affiliated clubs - Can PRs play in SG   Affiliated clubs - Can PRs play in SG I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 10:08 am

Oh..I didn't see that my Kryptonite had responded...I actually checked cause i wanted to see whether by some small miracle, my club was affiliated to Kranji for this sunday's game with you...hahahhaa

btw, my club has reciprocal membership with those 5 so I've wasted 10 years of playing and paying for golf in SG without once taking advantage of this....
Back to top Go down
Agumon
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Agumon

PostSubject: Re: Affiliated clubs - Can PRs play in SG   Affiliated clubs - Can PRs play in SG I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 10:19 am

aiya.. ok.. i call keppel now see if can get a flight for tis w/e.. pretty much doubt so.. but i try..
Back to top Go down
mowen
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mowen

PostSubject: Re: Affiliated clubs - Can PRs play in SG   Affiliated clubs - Can PRs play in SG I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 10:27 am

Sounds like Subang National golf club
Back to top Go down
JGoh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JGoh

PostSubject: Re: Affiliated clubs - Can PRs play in SG   Affiliated clubs - Can PRs play in SG I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 10:41 am

golfool2009 wrote:

I just realised that my club in KL is affiliated to 5 very good golf clubs in SG...however, someone had told me that once you take up PR in SG, these clubs don't allow you to use your affiliated membership...anyone have experience with this?

I know singaporean clubs want to stop singaporeans from buying clubs in M;sia then using it to play in SG....
It used to be 14 times a year for reciprocal arrangements, and written in the constitutions of some the golf clubs. Not sure if it's still there.One of the condition (used to be) that if you are working in Singapore you can't make use of the reciprocal arrangements, but clubs don't check and it's sometimes difficult to check if you continue to settle your bills in KL, and not having them send the bills to Sg. However, i know of Singaporeans working in KL, who are SICC members and who continued to play (openly) in Royal Selangor Golf Club. Not sure if he was supposed to. Probably if you want to check out the system, get your KL to fax the intro to the respective clubs you want to play in Singapore, go for a game, and see what happens. IF cannot, pay to play lah! Good luck.
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
freedrop

PostSubject: Re: Affiliated clubs - Can PRs play in SG   Affiliated clubs - Can PRs play in SG I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 10:45 am

golfool2009 wrote:

If you are working and living in Singapore, you cannot play under affiliation. General, unwritten, rule is you must not live within 50 miles from the affliliated clubs. So you can't even play in JB affiliatioed clubs.

Keppel is quietly flexible about this. But the rest will not allow you to play. In any case, maximum oer year you can play affiliation is 14 times.
Back to top Go down
efoong
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
efoong

PostSubject: Re: Affiliated clubs - Can PRs play in SG   Affiliated clubs - Can PRs play in SG I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 11:13 am

how to check whether a club got affiliate with other club? if can play in sg just need to pay for the buggy no need pay green fee is it??
sry have to ask about it as i also wondering...
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Affiliated clubs - Can PRs play in SG   Affiliated clubs - Can PRs play in SG I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 11:32 am

GF, i think u are smart enough to go around it...... cyclops
Back to top Go down
JGoh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JGoh

PostSubject: Re: Affiliated clubs - Can PRs play in SG   Affiliated clubs - Can PRs play in SG I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 12:24 pm

efoong wrote:
how to check whether a club got affiliate with other club? if can play in sg just need to pay for the buggy no need pay green fee is it??
sry have to ask about it as i also wondering...
Two terms that are used (may be differently) in Malaysia and Singapore: Full Reciprocal rights : means only paying buggy fees and no need green fees. Affiliation depends on the terms of agreement between the affiliated clubs.. eg my club has affiliation arrangement with Blue Canyon Golf Club in Phuket. But green fees used to be fixed at US$100 per game.. not sure now. Member of public and walk in guests have to pay US$150, not sure now.. For courses that are affiliated/ reciprocal with your club, check with your club lah. Most clubs have these listed online.. At least I can check all these online for my club. Hope these helps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Affiliated clubs - Can PRs play in SG   Affiliated clubs - Can PRs play in SG I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Affiliated clubs - Can PRs play in SG
Page 1 of 1