Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you carry a Fairway Wood?

Go down 
+22
ultraman
cristeo
solarpop
D_Iceman
Roystonnn
simbk
rocky
slinger
Duval_S
daveaha
S70B
mUAr_cHEe
tronos
Jliang
Mizuno
jaketang
Winston
colin2011
watermyforrest
weich
weaponx
Technospaz
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

3W
Do you carry a Fairway Wood? I_vote_lcap52%Do you carry a Fairway Wood? I_vote_rcap
 52% [ 33 ]
4W
Do you carry a Fairway Wood? I_vote_lcap5%Do you carry a Fairway Wood? I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 3 ]
5W
Do you carry a Fairway Wood? I_vote_lcap37%Do you carry a Fairway Wood? I_vote_rcap
 37% [ 23 ]
Any other Wood
Do you carry a Fairway Wood? I_vote_lcap5%Do you carry a Fairway Wood? I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 3 ]
No Woods, I'm a 1i/2i golfer!
Do you carry a Fairway Wood? I_vote_lcap1%Do you carry a Fairway Wood? I_vote_rcap
 1% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 63

AuthorMessage
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Do you carry a Fairway Wood? Empty
PostSubject: Do you carry a Fairway Wood?   Do you carry a Fairway Wood? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 11:38 am

Just curious as to whether any of you carry fairway woods and if yes, which woods you have in your bag?
Back to top Go down
weaponx
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you carry a Fairway Wood?   Do you carry a Fairway Wood? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 11:44 am

i have a 5w in the bag, but i hardly use it... take out the 23 deg launcher more often cos i hit that better...
Back to top Go down
weich
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you carry a Fairway Wood?   Do you carry a Fairway Wood? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 11:45 am

I carry a 3 and 5 wood... but they are hybrid fairway woods... from Adams, very easy to use...
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Do you carry a Fairway Wood?   Do you carry a Fairway Wood? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 11:46 am

Hmm... no one carries a 4W. I think DGMan has a 4W but I could be mistaken.
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: Do you carry a Fairway Wood?   Do you carry a Fairway Wood? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 11:48 am

3W... can hit from the tee but from the fairway... I'll say... 50% chance it will tempt all the monkeys in the MacRitchie Reservoir with a huge banana.
Back to top Go down
colin2011
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
colin2011

PostSubject: Re: Do you carry a Fairway Wood?   Do you carry a Fairway Wood? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 11:52 am

i have both 3W & 5W in the bag, but i hardly use the 5W...

wonder why it's still in the bag tongue
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Do you carry a Fairway Wood?   Do you carry a Fairway Wood? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 11:52 am

Haha... banana right or banana left?
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

PostSubject: Re: Do you carry a Fairway Wood?   Do you carry a Fairway Wood? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 12:11 pm

Due to my lack of abilities as well as the lack of distance, I use alot of my 3W & 5W off the tee and hybrids on the fairway. I have yet to tee off with my Driver. Strange but I can drive almost 180yds with my 3W off the tee but I cant hit my driver to save my life....haiz....... HELP White Flag
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you carry a Fairway Wood?   Do you carry a Fairway Wood? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 12:19 pm

used to have a 5W(very 1st set from dynacraft) but recently cant seems to hit it at all...

now working on a 3W i bought 2yrs ago.... still long way to go b4 i think i am able to use it on course....
Back to top Go down
Mizuno
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Mizuno

PostSubject: Re: Do you carry a Fairway Wood?   Do you carry a Fairway Wood? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 12:25 pm

I used to carry 3, 5, 7, but for 2 years had been using a 4w to replace 3w and 5w. The 4w is 16.5 deg in between 3w/5w (15deg/18deg).

So I could include my 9w (24deg). Razz
Back to top Go down
Jliang
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you carry a Fairway Wood?   Do you carry a Fairway Wood? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 12:58 pm

Just took out my 3w and replace with a 1 hybrid.. distance abit shorter with the 1 hybrid.. but much more consistent, coz of the shorter length.. kinda give me more confidence in playing shots off the fairway.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you carry a Fairway Wood?   Do you carry a Fairway Wood? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 2:38 pm

just bought the Adams Speedline hybrid fairway wood 3+. LOL see if i can even launch it off the deck.

Tried the traditional 3 wood, good off the tee but not so good off the deck. Not enough clubs to put in a 5 wood (use 19 degree hybrid instead).

read somewhere can hit off the deck with the Sumo 5900...thinking of trying it...on softer ground first of course, not the range mat.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Do you carry a Fairway Wood?   Do you carry a Fairway Wood? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 2:47 pm

I'm thinking of swapping a 3W for a 4W. Prefer the increase loft.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Do you carry a Fairway Wood?   Do you carry a Fairway Wood? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 2:48 pm

i am using a 13degree... and i can hit my driver off the deck.

i said hit. i never say straight and long.
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Do you carry a Fairway Wood?   Do you carry a Fairway Wood? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 2:49 pm

I think a few golfers here witness u throwing ur driver off the (tee) deck too.

That one straight and long.
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Do you carry a Fairway Wood?   Do you carry a Fairway Wood? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 2:50 pm

tronos wrote:
just bought the Adams Speedline hybrid fairway wood 3+. LOL see if i can even launch it off the deck.

Tried the traditional 3 wood, good off the tee but not so good off the deck. Not enough clubs to put in a 5 wood (use 19 degree hybrid instead).

read somewhere can hit off the deck with the Sumo 5900...thinking of trying it...on softer ground first of course, not the range mat.

I have the same thing, Adams Speedy HFW 3... can't hit it so far after 2 months. Wonder how should I hit it....
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Do you carry a Fairway Wood?   Do you carry a Fairway Wood? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 2:57 pm

S70B wrote:
I think a few golfers here witness u throwing ur driver off the (tee) deck too.

That one straight and long.

hitting the driver off the deck was inspired by you.

throwing was by john mcenroe.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Do you carry a Fairway Wood?   Do you carry a Fairway Wood? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 2:58 pm

daveaha wrote:
Wonder how should I hit it....

put clubs in the hand and swing at the ball.

seriously i have tried it and i think it is not that diffcult. hit it like a wood.
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Do you carry a Fairway Wood?   Do you carry a Fairway Wood? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 3:07 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
daveaha wrote:
Wonder how should I hit it....

put clubs in the hand and swing at the ball.

seriously i have tried it and i think it is not that diffcult. hit it like a wood.

Same swing ? hmm... doesn't work.
I can do with the rest of the woods... maybe have to do it Furyk's style...
Back to top Go down
weich
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you carry a Fairway Wood?   Do you carry a Fairway Wood? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 3:33 pm

I just realise I also have a 9 wood in my bag... Callaway Heavenwood I think... very nice to hit also...

also have seen someone hitting driver on the fairway... dunno how he do it also...
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Do you carry a Fairway Wood?   Do you carry a Fairway Wood? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 3:36 pm

weich wrote:
I just realise I also have a 9 wood in my bag... Callaway Heavenwood I think... very nice to hit also...

also have seen someone hitting driver on the fairway... dunno how he do it also...

If I didn't see wrongly, Daniel Chopra hit from fairway using his driver at the last hole @BSO to have eagle chance....
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you carry a Fairway Wood?   Do you carry a Fairway Wood? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 3:41 pm

Quote :
daveaha wrote:
weich wrote:

If I didn't see wrongly, Daniel Chopra hit from fairway using his driver at the last hole @BSO to have eagle chance....

U are correct.....so lesson learnt...if want to catch Eagle...must use big stick because Eagle is a large Bird.....not the size of sparrows
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: Do you carry a Fairway Wood?   Do you carry a Fairway Wood? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 4:39 pm

Duval_S wrote:

U are correct.....so lesson learnt...if want to catch Eagle...must use big stick because Eagle is a large Bird.....not the size of sparrows
lol!
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Do you carry a Fairway Wood?   Do you carry a Fairway Wood? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 6:49 pm

have both the 3w n 5w, hit the 3w (13*) off the tee most of the time, seldom hit it off the deck unless hazards not in play or matchplay, usually hit my 5w as i feel more comfortable than the 3w......... me more strokeplay, dun really take risk, will take a easy par than a an eagle or birdie, but thats just me
Back to top Go down
rocky
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
rocky

PostSubject: Re: Do you carry a Fairway Wood?   Do you carry a Fairway Wood? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 7:14 pm

4W quite hard to find on the market. Usually 3, 5 woods. Even 7 wood also hard to find nowadays.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you carry a Fairway Wood?   Do you carry a Fairway Wood? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next