Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Christine Resort ........

Go down 
+21
monoshox15
mythr
IceShelterX
cactuzone
enwee
dyeosh
vinjess
keithlim
Spurman
ncwee
Gofnut
imrog
Bomberman
Gan1997
kwannick
Jeffheng
simoner
jurongtiger
lighter
bryanachong
almag69
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
almag69
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Christine Resort ........ Empty
PostSubject: Christine Resort ........   Christine Resort ........ I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 1:05 pm

Any Bro. Sis.. went there recently. How the condition? Rate???

Thinking of going tomorrow, have not play there before...
Back to top Go down
bryanachong
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bryanachong

PostSubject: Re: Christine Resort ........   Christine Resort ........ I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 1:19 pm

Good! Nobody , new toilets , car-park with security guards and signature hole is definitely a challenge!

Nearby about 15 mins from checkpoint , cheap and nice scenery!
Back to top Go down
almag69
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Christine Resort ........   Christine Resort ........ I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 1:47 pm

bryanachong wrote:
Good! Nobody , new toilets , car-park with security guards and signature hole is definitely a challenge!

Nearby about 15 mins from checkpoint , cheap and nice scenery!

How much????
Back to top Go down
bryanachong
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bryanachong

PostSubject: Re: Christine Resort ........   Christine Resort ........ I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 2:23 pm

Christine Resort

www.christineresort.com
Back to top Go down
almag69
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Christine Resort ........   Christine Resort ........ I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 3:13 pm

bryanachong wrote:
Christine Resort

www.christineresort.com

Yes, nobody pick-up the call in the morning ...so sad will try again
after 4pm
Back to top Go down
lighter
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
lighter

PostSubject: Re: Christine Resort ........   Christine Resort ........ I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 4:21 pm

I also tried to call this HP given by the hotline last time. Guess what, nobody ans my call! Sad
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: Christine Resort ........   Christine Resort ........ I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 4:35 pm

So you mean they have accomodations to let as well? Not much info on the website though Sad
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

PostSubject: Re: Christine Resort ........   Christine Resort ........ I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 5:27 pm

You mean they have 18 holes already?

The last time I played there last year was only 9 holes
Back to top Go down
Jeffheng
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Christine Resort ........   Christine Resort ........ I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 7:32 am

they only have 9 holes. condition not as good as permas jaya although run by same management.
Back to top Go down
kwannick
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
kwannick

PostSubject: Re: Christine Resort ........   Christine Resort ........ I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 12:37 pm

Was there about a year back when they still didnt have buggies. Had to walk 18 holes. Condition was quite bad but I guess they should have done it up since then.
Back to top Go down
Gan1997
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Christine Resort ........   Christine Resort ........ I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 11:44 pm

was there a month ago the buggy condition was quite bad as well brakes not too good
Back to top Go down
Bomberman
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Bomberman

PostSubject: Re: Christine Resort ........   Christine Resort ........ I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 12:37 am

Christine resort is a tricky course, or maybe due to i having a high handicap , but the experience was fun and enjoyable Smile great place for training and improving
Back to top Go down
imrog
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Christine Resort ........   Christine Resort ........ I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 9:17 pm

Does anyone know if they allow 1-ball to tee off on Saturday? Tried calling no one pick up.
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

PostSubject: Re: Christine Resort ........   Christine Resort ........ I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 11:11 pm

The place is now managed by GHL, the same guys who operates Permas Jaya.

Shouldn't be an issue to get on one ball on Saturdays. Played there last Thursday morning. Very peaceful....literally I was only the golfer on the course. The maintenance of the course getting better. Give it a few more months and it will be nice.
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Christine Resort ........   Christine Resort ........ I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 5:18 pm

simoner wrote:
The place is now managed by GHL, the same guys who operates Permas Jaya.

Shouldn't be an issue to get on one ball on Saturdays. Played there last Thursday morning. Very peaceful....literally I was only the golfer on the course. The maintenance of the course getting better. Give it a few more months and it will be nice.

Hi Bro Simoner, mind sharing with us what is the current green fee lfor weekdays and weekends and if there is any contact number? Understand that the number show in their website is not attended.
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

PostSubject: Re: Christine Resort ........   Christine Resort ........ I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:08 pm

Sorry, can't remember the weekend rates. Weekdays its RM40 for 9 holes with buggy, add RM10 for single rider.

There's no phone number now as they are in the middle of massive changes.
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Christine Resort ........   Christine Resort ........ I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 10:46 am

Called Permas Jaya (07-3886155) instead to check on Christine Resort since both are managed by the same people. Here's what I was told. The 9 holes that are opened for play (the nine with the island green) are in "reasonable" condition and the rates are RM65 (WD) and RM100 (WE) with buggy and RM45 (WD) and RM80 (WE) if using trolley. Hope to drop by one of these days to revisit this long lost course.
Back to top Go down
ncwee
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Christine Resort ........   Christine Resort ........ I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 12:13 pm

Played here yesterday on Sunday for 55RM/pax. Course was reasonably well maintained, and rough slightly thicker but okay. Some holes are long ones, tiring pulling the trolley all the way. There seemed to be some big developments going around to make it an even better course. For now, not many golfers and good for beginners. The renovated changing rooms are not fully open yet though..
Back to top Go down
Spurman
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Christine Resort ........   Christine Resort ........ I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 9:29 pm

ncwee wrote:
Played here yesterday on Sunday for 55RM/pax. Course was reasonably well maintained, and rough slightly thicker but okay. Some holes are long ones, tiring pulling the trolley all the way. There seemed to be some big developments going around to make it an even better course. For now, not many golfers and good for beginners. The renovated changing rooms are not fully open yet though..

Agreed.

The clubhouse look wow. Grand... But incomplete. Showers r super new, but no one using. Coz nobody play there. Sunday morning, think only 3 flights.

Think it's a good course for us beginners. Do try using trolley. It's really a challenge to drag it upslope. U wish u had less clubs in the bag man.

The rough is challenging. Grass is long and balls goes missing easily.
Bunkers wow, mud bunkers for some holes.

Overall a good learning course. No players, can take your time practice n practice.
55rm with trolley for 9 holes. Only 5rm more than permas jaya which is more crowded. So it's worth the money
Back to top Go down
keithlim
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Christine Resort ........   Christine Resort ........ I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 8:42 pm

anyone has updates on this course now?
Condition? rates? 9 or 18 hole?
Back to top Go down
vinjess
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
vinjess

PostSubject: Re: Christine Resort ........   Christine Resort ........ I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 10:30 pm

keithlim wrote:
Dun play therefor time being. Once ur ball go to the rough, dun bother to find. Green is very bad with alot of sand. The management informed they are doing up the green now and will take 3-4 months for the grass to grow. Signature hole (par 3) look like a sand bunker when i played there last week.
Back to top Go down
dyeosh
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Christine Resort ........   Christine Resort ........ I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 10:41 pm

vinjess wrote:
keithlim wrote:
Dun play therefor time being. Once ur ball go to the rough, dun bother to find. Green is very bad with alot of sand. The management informed they are doing up the green now and will take 3-4 months for the grass to grow. Signature hole (par 3) look like a sand bunker when i played there last week.
Yes, once ball goes into rough, forget it. Drop ball & play.
Too much Sand to putt, looks more like sand bunker than putting green.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Christine Resort ........   Christine Resort ........ I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 10:44 pm

Spurman wrote:
ncwee wrote:
Agreed.

The clubhouse look wow. Grand... But incomplete. Showers r super new, but no one using. Coz nobody play there. Sunday morning, think only 3 flights.

Think it's a good course for us beginners. Do try using trolley. It's really a challenge to drag it upslope. U wish u had less clubs in the bag man.

The rough is challenging. Grass is long and balls goes missing easily.
Bunkers wow, mud bunkers for some holes.

Overall a good learning course. No players, can take your time practice n practice.
55rm with trolley for 9 holes. Only 5rm more than permas jaya which is more crowded. So it's worth the money
I think most of the courses on the sun pm in quite empty. Imho, play impian emas or permas jaya are better options than this.
Back to top Go down
keithlim
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Christine Resort ........   Christine Resort ........ I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 11:49 am

Great, thanks guys. A friend is thinking of going next week. I'll give him a heads up.
Back to top Go down
cactuzone
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Christine Resort ........   Christine Resort ........ I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 12:27 pm

Hi Bro Enwee,

Impian Emas is located at Ponderosa? Checked web and was prompted to Ponderosa.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christine Resort ........   Christine Resort ........ I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christine Resort ........
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next