Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Christine golf resort JB condition?

Go down 
+6
jeffman88
ttkm
keithlim
scholes25
watermyforrest
niuxiong
10 posters
AuthorMessage
niuxiong
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Christine golf resort JB condition? Empty
PostSubject: Christine golf resort JB condition?   Christine golf resort JB condition? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 2:57 pm

Hi, anyone knows if christine golf course renovations have completed? Hows the condition of the golf course currently?
Played there last year and conditions were bad.. Clubhouse and changing rooms conditions also not good.
Anyone been there recently?
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: Christine golf resort JB condition?   Christine golf resort JB condition? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 2:59 pm

I was recently told that at the moment, only 9-holes are open. So for a full game, it will be 2x9 holes.
Back to top Go down
niuxiong
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Christine golf resort JB condition?   Christine golf resort JB condition? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 3:17 pm

watermyforrest wrote:
I was recently told that at the moment, only 9-holes are open. So for a full game, it will be 2x9 holes.
Thanks! Could it be they also renovating other nine holes? Cos i remember playing there last year and it was cow grass... But from their website currently it says fairway grass is zoysia..
Would be good if its conditon has improved cos distance is not too far and price is reasonable..
Back to top Go down
scholes25
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Christine golf resort JB condition?   Christine golf resort JB condition? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 3:28 pm

I was there last wed. 93 rm for 18 holes. 1st 9 condition was really bad... fairway, bunkers, greens all equally bad. The 2nd nine was playable. Overall, if you are not fussy with playing conditions, it's a quiet golf course. There was nobody except my flight.
Back to top Go down
niuxiong
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Christine golf resort JB condition?   Christine golf resort JB condition? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 3:34 pm

scholes25 wrote:
I was there last wed. 93 rm for 18 holes. 1st 9 condition was really bad... fairway, bunkers, greens all equally bad. The 2nd nine was playable. Overall, if you are not fussy with playing conditions, it's a quiet golf course. There was nobody except my flight.

Thanks for the feedback.
Are the changing rooms renovated? Or is the old one still in use?
I remember he original one was really terrible..
Back to top Go down
scholes25
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Christine golf resort JB condition?   Christine golf resort JB condition? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 3:45 pm

The changing rooms are new. No hot shower though. But it was clean and functional.
Back to top Go down
niuxiong
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Christine golf resort JB condition?   Christine golf resort JB condition? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 4:08 pm

Thanks! Maybe will give it another chance one of these days!
Back to top Go down
keithlim
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Christine golf resort JB condition?   Christine golf resort JB condition? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 8:53 pm

Hi all
was at christine last sunday morning for a game. it is real quiet. almost like a dead town.
here's my observations:
fariways don't seem to be zoysia as stated on website, more like cow grass to me (but i'm no expert Shocked )
rough is extremely thick, most of the time if you put it on the fairway, the ball can be considered gone. and i strongly suggest anyone wears long pants as there are a lot of prickly stuff around.
greens condition seems to be the best feature. haven't played many courses but to make a comparison, it is slightly more challenging than palm villa.
changing room condition, nothing fantastic but serves its purpose.
price: RM103

ps how do i post images? i got a couple of photos of how the rough looks like. though of sharing them here.
pps all my personal opinion, hope no one is offended!
Back to top Go down
ttkm
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Christine golf resort JB condition?   Christine golf resort JB condition? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 9:11 pm

Played there last Friday. The 1st nine - cOndition was poor. Ball on fairway also hard to find. However 2nd nine the condition was way way better. The course is challenging. Need to be accurate off the tee. If drive into rough hard to find ball. They are having a July promotion 59 RM on weekdays.
Back to top Go down
ttkm
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Christine golf resort JB condition?   Christine golf resort JB condition? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 9:13 pm

Sry. It RM 59 without insurance. Plus insurance about RM65. IMHO I don't think is worth the $$$$.
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: Christine golf resort JB condition?   Christine golf resort JB condition? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 9:16 pm

Hmm seems like this golf course still hv some ways to go for GRians to post more positive reports Smile Thx all for sharing
Back to top Go down
Mike888
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Mike888

PostSubject: Re: Christine golf resort JB condition?   Christine golf resort JB condition? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 12:47 pm

went to Christine Resort last weekend, one of the 9 holes is closed and left with just a 9 holes. condition was bad, dunnoe wat to say... anyway will not return to play for sure.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Christine golf resort JB condition?   Christine golf resort JB condition? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 12:54 pm

Seem like this course, since changing name from Octville, still had not made improvement to the course.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Christine golf resort JB condition?   Christine golf resort JB condition? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 1:27 pm

Many many many moons ago (when SBs were just Bs), Octville was our regular hunting ground and it was a fun course to play at. It wasn't fantastic but the rate at that time (RM90 p/person, inclusive of buggy) was good. At that time, it was buggy on course which made things even better. All in all, I have good memories of that course.

I have only been back once since they've changed their name and it wasn't an altogether pleasant outing. The course was in poor condition and to make things worse, they were making sections of the course buggy on track only. I don't recall them doing much in the way of improving the course itself but merely making it look more aesthetically pleasing.

If things haven't improved for Christine/Octville by now, then there's little chance I'd head back. There are better options for golf in JB and sadly, this course isn't one of them anymore.
Back to top Go down
Happy Feet
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Christine golf resort JB condition?   Christine golf resort JB condition? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 1:36 pm

My first date with a few golfers fm toonhouse was at OCtville

Memories like the corner of my kind
Misty water .... Lalalalalal
Back to top Go down
Mike888
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Mike888

PostSubject: Re: Christine golf resort JB condition?   Christine golf resort JB condition? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 2:23 pm

they told us buggy strictly on track and we saw lorry on course and well... sigh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christine golf resort JB condition?   Christine golf resort JB condition? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christine golf resort JB condition?
Page 1 of 1