Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wanna break 85?

Go down 
+19
rla
dancsy
chien
ChrisD
renode
Tituman
pushslice
billi
allenthl
audi
snagy23
TDO
haragolfer
mrkatsucurry
Denis
nicklilja
hardrock
ttkm
sob
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Sayhun
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Sayhun

Wanna break 85? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanna break 85?   Wanna break 85? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 12:54 pm

my average score is around 100-105 from blue. after reading this and i left my 4 hybrid, 5 iron and 52' with only 9 clubs in my bag yesterday.

used mostly driver, 7 and 6 iron and 56 degree. guess what, i managed a 99, my best score after 1.5 year. i think my par 4 and 5 became more consistent with no blow hole for whole round. my confident grow from hole to hole. amazing... unfortunately, there were 3 long par 3 of 180-190 yards and i ve borrowed my friend hybrid to on. but i doubled bogey all of them.

i think most of the average golfer who tries to lower thier score may try this to believe. thanks to this thread again....
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

PostSubject: Re: Wanna break 85?   Wanna break 85? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 2:37 pm

No blow holes are good, next is to eliminate the doubles.
Glad that you are able to up your game!
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Wanna break 85?   Wanna break 85? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 2:56 pm

Sayhun wrote:
my average score is around 100-105 from blue. after reading this and i left my 4 hybrid, 5 iron and 52' with only 9 clubs in my bag yesterday.

used mostly driver, 7 and 6 iron and 56 degree. guess what, i managed a 99, my best score after 1.5 year. i think my par 4 and 5 became more consistent with no blow hole for whole round. my confident grow from hole to hole. amazing... unfortunately, there were 3 long par 3 of 180-190 yards and i ve borrowed my friend hybrid to on. but i doubled bogey all of them.

i think most of the average golfer who tries to lower thier score may try this to believe. thanks to this thread again....

Congrats...

You know on those long par 3 (play blue?), you could have used 6i and pitch 20-30m to the green. Can get away with bogey, par if you're lucky, but possibly better than two doubles. Shud have stuck with your clubs...don't borrow
Back to top Go down
Quest
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Quest

PostSubject: Re: Wanna break 85?   Wanna break 85? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 3:10 pm

Sayhun wrote:
my average score is around 100-105 from blue....

No offense, but if you're already playing to that score from blue, shouldn't you be better off playing at white instead? Off white, if you have a good chance to get on the green in regulation for most of the holes using the short to mid irons, then scores of 85 should not be a problem. Playing off blue will require mid to long irons to attack the green. Lower probability of success here.

Back to the topic, using fewer clubs will force me to be more conservative, thereby minimizing risk-taking. E.g. 180m to the green with no hybrid, I will use 7i and then chip. Go for 3 on instead of try for 2 which may not pan out as planned, ie poor contact, wrong alignment, or bring OB/ hazards into play. This could lead to a higher score in the end.
Back to top Go down
Sayhun
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Sayhun

PostSubject: Re: Wanna break 85?   Wanna break 85? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 3:34 pm

yes, used to off the white. with another gang of friend.. but so often tend to use long iron or hybrid from long par 4.... got a lot of double and triple bogey as well.... Laughing

what i learnt from my last game is i will have more chance to get a bogey than if i were using hybrid to chiong...
Back to top Go down
Quest
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Quest

PostSubject: Re: Wanna break 85?   Wanna break 85? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 3:54 pm

cheers We all have to manage ourselves & the course in this game. Working out the sums, we'll need at least 5 pars & not more than 13 bogeys to match 85. It's a journey with many setbacks but the rewards will be all the sweeter.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Wanna break 85?   Wanna break 85? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 8:08 pm

if u managed to not score double bogey or worse per round.... your ability to break 85 increases exponentially

study the course well..... know which holes u have par chance and which holes u need to settle with a good bogey

play within your ability and play to your strength.... ie play smart
Back to top Go down
Sayhun
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Sayhun

PostSubject: Re: Wanna break 85?   Wanna break 85? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 8:25 pm

sometimes my double bogey comes from 3 putted or poor approach... i will be happy if i managed to get 90 as a social golfer....

hope to have a game with the bros here next month when return to singapore for good...
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Wanna break 85?   Wanna break 85? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 8:28 pm

Sayhun wrote:
sometimes my double bogey comes from 3 putted or poor approach... i will be happy if i managed to get 90 as a social golfer....

hope to have a game with the bros here next month when return to singapore for good...

as a very very famous forumer used to say.....

"to avoid 3 putts, just chip nearer to the hole"

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: Wanna break 85?   Wanna break 85? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 8:56 pm

slinger wrote:
Sayhun wrote:

Very Happy

Not many as good as you ma, shifu.
The more I tried the worst I fumble on my shot.
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: Wanna break 85?   Wanna break 85? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 10:15 pm

Sayhun wrote:

who would have guessed, cut clubs to cut strokes.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Wanna break 85?   Wanna break 85? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 9:38 am

ChrisD wrote:
slinger wrote:
Sayhun wrote:

Very Happy

Not many as good as you ma, shifu.
The more I tried the worst I fumble on my shot.

i din say this....

this forummer nick start with a "D"......
Back to top Go down
jster
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Wanna break 85?   Wanna break 85? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 11:40 am

Very Happy [/quote]

Sometimes its easier for amatuer to putt it near than to chip it near....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wanna break 85?   Wanna break 85? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wanna break 85?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3