Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RBZ Stage 2

Go down 
+28
flamer0454
pyrric
chanwkit
vrscse23
hacknet
je7170
danapu2000
costajos
copen123
jimmchew
TheFocalPoint
essentiale
JonL_TK
zyl107
entity
crayon33
garylin
enwee
Turbo
madmaru
Technospaz
DGman
simoner
escyb
hkhamateur
gingerus
hardrock
BestofTheBest
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BestofTheBest
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
BestofTheBest

RBZ Stage 2 Empty
PostSubject: RBZ Stage 2   RBZ Stage 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 9:58 pm

Saw this baby at a golf shop today...

i must say.. even tho im not a TM fan... I find it sexy...

Driver was on a Rombax S shaft

3w was on a RIP beta...

Steam....

RBZ Stage 2 194210a5a8617fd3336fe35

RBZ Stage 2 8c9f45855640de8b621f6b6

RBZ Stage 2 Kazuespoirimg600x399135

Back to top Go down
hardrock
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
hardrock

RBZ Stage 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RBZ Stage 2   RBZ Stage 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 10:41 pm

Beautiful
Back to top Go down
gingerus
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

RBZ Stage 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RBZ Stage 2   RBZ Stage 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 10:49 pm

which shop? i tot this is gonna be released in feb only
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

RBZ Stage 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RBZ Stage 2   RBZ Stage 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 11:20 pm

Wa...i must admit its nice in my eyes.... cyclops
TM reali e fashion of golf equip man! Cool
Every now n then, new releases! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
escyb
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
escyb

RBZ Stage 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RBZ Stage 2   RBZ Stage 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 11:46 pm

Haha Adams release new models even faster... Can't wait for the new Adams Speedline LS driver, first driver wif velocity slot!
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

RBZ Stage 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RBZ Stage 2   RBZ Stage 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 12:18 am

escyb wrote:
Haha Adams release new models even faster... Can't wait for the new Adams Speedline LS driver, first driver wif velocity slot!

Realli? Question
Link or pics pls, bro edwin ! Wink
Back to top Go down
escyb
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
escyb

RBZ Stage 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RBZ Stage 2   RBZ Stage 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 1:18 am

Haha paiseh to author of thread....OT abit....

Got several drivers coming in 2013 tat looks killer....

RBZ Stage 2 looks gimmiky n R1 darn techy cos of the compass looking sole, has just been officially released.

Adams already officially released their new drivers for 2013.... The Speedline L n LS
http://www.adamsgolf.com/products/drivers/speedline_super_ls.php

Nike Covert is also interesting - first driver wif a cavity.

Cleveland leaked news of their 2013 drivers, Classic XL n XL Custom, super deep face in black plus authentic new Miyazaki shafts - JDL n B.Asha.....
http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/712206-sneak-peak-cleveland-588-rtx-wedges-and-black-classic-xl-drivers/page__st__30

Callaway's new driver for 2013 is the Razr Fit Extreme.. .I m sure Callaway fans can better explain...
http://www.sirshanksalot.com/golf-news-and-rumors/callaway-razr-fit-extreme-driver/

Sorry for the OT! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

RBZ Stage 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RBZ Stage 2   RBZ Stage 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 7:39 am

escyb wrote:
Haha paiseh to author of thread....OT abit....

Callaway's new driver for 2013 is the Razr Fit Extreme.. .I m sure Callaway fans can better explain...
http://www.sirshanksalot.com/golf-news-and-rumors/callaway-razr-fit-extreme-driver/

Sorry for the OT! Very Happy

Sorry for continuing to OT.

Saw the Cally Razr Fit Extreme aka The GReen Monster at The Den. Very swee club. Believe DGMan has a thread on it's performance recently.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

RBZ Stage 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RBZ Stage 2   RBZ Stage 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 9:30 am

The trend this year is to move towards a body that creates a sort of trampoline effect while the face COR stays conforming to the rules of golf...hence you will see lots of cavity, cut sole, reliefs on sole, all designed to give a more explosive impact....take a closer look, particularly those drivers coming out of endo has this feature incorporated in the driver.

next year model to note.....S-yard. yes you heard it right....new team and new vision. and in Japan, proven to be longest non-conforming driver.

with RBZ once the takeover is completed and no royalties need to be paid, the cut sole is a natural progression of the previous year wood and hybrid model.

i hope i can see the final stage in my lifetime....5555

Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

RBZ Stage 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RBZ Stage 2   RBZ Stage 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 9:56 am

What? New RBZ gear? I'm shocked. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
madmaru
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
madmaru

RBZ Stage 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RBZ Stage 2   RBZ Stage 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 9:03 pm

TM just release their new R1 driver to replace the current R11S
Wah they say this driver can change loft even !!! like that when is TM changing the golfer ???

ROFL !!!!

http://taylormadegolf.com/drivers/R1,en_US,pg.html

check out they got the new RBZ stage 2 driver even ....

Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

RBZ Stage 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RBZ Stage 2   RBZ Stage 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 9:56 pm

Wowo! It can change loft from 8 - 12 deg! OMG!

The R1 looks high Tech and futuristic with a Compass-Like device underneath the clubhead ... I wonder if it is another marketing gimmick from the King of Golf Equipment Fashion! Rolling Eyes Taylormade
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

RBZ Stage 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RBZ Stage 2   RBZ Stage 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 10:05 pm

madmaru wrote:
TM just release their new R1 driver to replace the current R11S
Wah they say this driver can change loft even !!! like that when is TM changing the golfer ???

ROFL !!!!

http://taylormadegolf.com/drivers/R1,en_US,pg.html

check out they got the new RBZ stage 2 driver even ....

Nike Golf also leh...take a closer look at the new ferrule, 8.5 - 11.5
Back to top Go down
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
garylin

RBZ Stage 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RBZ Stage 2   RBZ Stage 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 10:55 pm

wa seh.. looks like incoming poison
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

RBZ Stage 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RBZ Stage 2   RBZ Stage 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 11:03 pm

garylin wrote:
wa seh.. looks like incoming poison

The poisonous effect will be more manageable after GD stocks some and subsequently dumps the prices ... GD rocks, man!

cheers
Back to top Go down
crayon33
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
crayon33

RBZ Stage 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RBZ Stage 2   RBZ Stage 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 5:30 am

wow Taylormade is giving better players 10 more yards with the RBZ stage 2, so if you went from a normal fw to a RBZ to a RBZ stage 2, you will have 17+10 = 27 yards increase. no wonder golf courses are getting longer and longer and people are taking more time to finish their rounds these days Very Happy

http://taylormadegolf.com/RocketBallz-Stage-2/RocketBallz-Stage-2,en_US,pg.html
Back to top Go down
entity
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

RBZ Stage 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RBZ Stage 2   RBZ Stage 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 8:39 am

27 yards? That's 2 club lengths...who needs a driver anymore? Surprised
If the fairway metals can hit driver distances without the dispersion, maybe we should all get a nice new TM fairway wood and sell our drivers.

It'll be a joke if the RBZ 2 has a longer shaft than the current RBZ - 45" 3W anyone?

crayon33 wrote:
...17+10 = 27 yards increase. no wonder golf courses are getting longer and longer and people are taking more time to finish their rounds these days Very Happy
Back to top Go down
zyl107
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

RBZ Stage 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RBZ Stage 2   RBZ Stage 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 6:39 pm

RBZ 2 looks nice.. but wonder if the R1 (coming soon to Singapore!) will hit further...
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

RBZ Stage 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RBZ Stage 2   RBZ Stage 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 8:56 pm

TaylorMade's Marketing is superb!!!
Dunno how they managed to convince consumers that the club can go 10yards further...

Rewind to 2012
- Dustin Johnson hits a RBZ Fairway 286 yards carry for a total of 303 yards with roll
- 2nd shot, DJ "cranks" it up and smashes it 317 yards with roll
- 3rd shot, DJ again "cranks" it and smashes it 331 yards with roll

FastForward to 2013
- Dustin Johnson hits a RBZ Stage 2 and he guesses 275 yards (possibly carry)
- TM Fitters inform him that his distance (possibly just carry) is 287 yards

Now its only 1 yard increase from last year so how did that managed to market it that
it goes 10 yards further than the RBZ Stage 1?

In fact, i think Stage 2 plays shorter than the Stage 1
Back to top Go down
entity
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

RBZ Stage 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RBZ Stage 2   RBZ Stage 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 9:50 pm

Actually I don't see why TM continues to market its fairway metals based on enhanced distance.

I would be a lot more attracted to a 3 or 4 wood that allows me to connect well each and every time. A club that touts a 10 yard increase that I can probably attain 5% of the time is not worth putting in the bag, given the number of times a golfer pulls a 3W out to hit off the deck.

If the club is used to replace the driver for tee-off it makes some sense, though the increased shaft length and stronger loft also mean a wider dispersion, which in a way defeats the purpose of using a 3W as a driving club as you'd want to get the ball on the short grass, not in the rough for just a few metres extra.
Back to top Go down
essentiale
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

RBZ Stage 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RBZ Stage 2   RBZ Stage 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 3:23 am

entity wrote:
Actually I don't see why TM continues to market its fairway metals based on enhanced distance.

I would be a lot more attracted to a 3 or 4 wood that allows me to connect well each and every time. A club that touts a 10 yard increase that I can probably attain 5% of the time is not worth putting in the bag, given the number of times a golfer pulls a 3W out to hit off the deck.

If the club is used to replace the driver for tee-off it makes some sense, though the increased shaft length and stronger loft also mean a wider dispersion, which in a way defeats the purpose of using a 3W as a driving club as you'd want to get the ball on the short grass, not in the rough for just a few metres extra.

+1
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

RBZ Stage 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RBZ Stage 2   RBZ Stage 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 8:41 am

entity wrote:

You might wanna consider investing in a robotic arm. NO club or brand is gonna market 'Allows you to connect well 100% of the time'.
Either way, if you're only connecting well with your 3W five times out of a hundred balls, you really need to address some bigger issues and not look for high-tech arrows for a one-handed Indian.

Anyway, lets have a game together. I won't bring the driver. Wink
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

RBZ Stage 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RBZ Stage 2   RBZ Stage 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 10:00 am

entity wrote:

I would be a lot more attracted to a 3 or 4 wood that allows me to connect well each and every time. A club that touts a 10 yard increase that I can probably attain 5% of the time is not worth putting in the bag, given the number of times a golfer pulls a 3W out to hit off the deck..................

Ability to connect and hit the sweet spot consistently depends almost entirely on the Red Indian and not the Arrow. Even if one is given a club which was hand-made with high precision & quality, he/she would not be able to yield fantastic result if he/she is not skilful enough ... In other words, no clubmaker can make a golfer produces exceptionally good result if the he/she is not consistently good.

cheers
Back to top Go down
entity
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

RBZ Stage 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RBZ Stage 2   RBZ Stage 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 10:01 am

Haha, spoken like a true TM player! Wink

Of course no marketing team will promise "better contact", or "increased smash factor" because it is all to easy to disprove that claim. "Longer distance" is a good selling point because on that one special hit, any golfer can get that career shot that he will remember for a long time. This is also what keeps a lot of us in the game. They do not have to say "10 yards longer for most of your shots" because that will be too difficult to live up to, and again, too easy to disprove.

What I am suggesting is perhaps while the brands focus on distance, the stock shafts can start to be shorter in length again, letting average golfers have a chance to hit the sweetspot more often. This can only have a positive impact on our game, and contrary to expectation, probably gives more distance due to the better translation of clubhead speed to ball speed.

What I said about reduced success rate with the 3W is in relation to the longer shaft and stronger loft of the RBZ line compared to standard. I play older versions of TM hybrids myself and I like what they do for me, albeit with standard shaft lengths. You use aftermarket shafts in your clubs - did you cut them to standard, or to the original Superfast shaft length? Wink

TheFocalPoint wrote:

You might wanna consider investing in a robotic arm. NO club or brand is gonna market 'Allows you to connect well 100% of the time'.
Either way, if you're only connecting well with your 3W five times out of a hundred balls, you really need to address some bigger issues and not look for high-tech arrows for a one-handed Indian.

Anyway, lets have a game together. I won't bring the driver. Wink
Back to top Go down
entity
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

RBZ Stage 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RBZ Stage 2   RBZ Stage 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 10:14 am

Yes, the red indian-arrow thing, the oft-quoted mental heuristic mentioned here, and I agree. No amount of clubmaking can make a bad shot good. The best way to hit it 10 yards further is good coaching and practice practice practice.

If I remember DGman saying in one of his posts, the club cannot make a good golfer out of a bad one, but the right club specs can still help the golfer, particularly in making his bad shots slightly less bad (sorry for the bad paraphrasing DGman!)

With those words of wisdom I would say that anything that makes the game easier for players of lesser ability than Dustin Johnson is the way to go, and hope that the Stage 2 really does hit it longer without sacrificing consistency.

Turbo wrote:
Ability to connect and hit the sweet spot consistently depends almost entirely on the Red Indian and not the Arrow. Even if one is given a club which was hand-made with high precision & quality, he/she would not be able to yield fantastic result if he/she is not skilful enough ... In other words, no clubmaker can make a golfer produces exceptionally good result if the he/she is not consistently good.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RBZ Stage 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RBZ Stage 2   RBZ Stage 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RBZ Stage 2
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next