Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A round of Diplomatic Golf or....?

Go down 
+3
Afat
slinger
Newtogolf
7 posters

Which would you opt for?
100% effort regardless of consequences
A round of Diplomatic Golf or....? I_vote_lcap78%A round of Diplomatic Golf or....? I_vote_rcap
 78% [ 18 ]
1% effort bearing in mind any possible outcomes
A round of Diplomatic Golf or....? I_vote_lcap22%A round of Diplomatic Golf or....? I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 23

AuthorMessage
Newtogolf
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

A round of Diplomatic Golf or....? Empty
PostSubject: A round of Diplomatic Golf or....?   A round of Diplomatic Golf or....? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 11:15 pm

You are in a tournament up against your bosses. Whilst you had been practising hard all year round, you had not seen your boss in action in a tournament, so its a big question of his playing ability and of course, he had never seen you play before.

And you have 2 options:
- Play to the max. You give your 100% at every single bloody shot and run the risk of possibly outshining your boss.
- Play like you're playing mahjong with your mother-in-law... That is, you play your worst game ever by topping 8 balls out of 10.

Which one would you choose?
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: A round of Diplomatic Golf or....?   A round of Diplomatic Golf or....? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 11:42 pm

LOH...... Lose one hole
Back to top Go down
Afat
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: A round of Diplomatic Golf or....?   A round of Diplomatic Golf or....? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 12:43 am

depend on your boss character. If he loves to be challenged to the max, play 100%. If he is alousy boss and only wants to win, no choice u have to play a diplomatic game
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: A round of Diplomatic Golf or....?   A round of Diplomatic Golf or....? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 6:32 am

My boss jio from tournament, I ll play 100%. Very Happy
My personal view will b try to win possibly most of e time coz tat ll make him practisg hard n jio u whenever he s available over weekdays ma....can snake abit! Laughing
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: A round of Diplomatic Golf or....?   A round of Diplomatic Golf or....? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 9:04 am

Just play your game and most importantly enjoy it. I don't see a point in putting up a show just to please your boss but of course, it largely depends on your work performances and your relationship with him/her.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: A round of Diplomatic Golf or....?   A round of Diplomatic Golf or....? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 9:13 am

Just play your game. Only the following outcomes:

1. You win, and your boss loves you for it. He's a sporting man and he respects you for your ability. What an awesome boss! Someone you really want to work for as he recognizes your abilities and gives you credit where credit is due.

2. You win, but your boss hates you and makes snide comments. What a dick. Such a sore loser. If he makes your life a living hell because you beat him on the course, you wouldn't want to work for a twat like that anyway.

3. You lose, and your boss is supportive. Encourages you to practice etc. See #1.

4. You lose, and your boss is a dick as he ridicules you to no end. See #2.
Back to top Go down
and68low
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
and68low

PostSubject: Re: A round of Diplomatic Golf or....?   A round of Diplomatic Golf or....? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 9:54 am

slinger wrote:
LOH...... Lose one hole

Now i know why all "LOSE ONE HOLE" to you Basketball
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A round of Diplomatic Golf or....?   A round of Diplomatic Golf or....? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A round of Diplomatic Golf or....?
Page 1 of 1