Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ideal Foursome for One Last Round of Golf - Who, Why, Where

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TNRM
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
TNRM

Ideal Foursome for One Last Round of Golf - Who, Why, Where Empty
PostSubject: Ideal Foursome for One Last Round of Golf - Who, Why, Where   Ideal Foursome for One Last Round of Golf - Who, Why, Where I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 9:21 am

I'm sure this has been posted before, but thought it might be interesting to see everyone's response. So.... if you had 1 last round of golf and post-golf drinks/meal before departing consciousness. What'll it be?

TNRM
Who - Dad, Mother-in-Law, Brother-in-Law & Son, 2 dogs (Max + Millie)

Why: Dad - Never played with Dad, so would be nice to spend several hours with him, plus not had much in the way of deep and meaningful conversation for a long time with the old man. MIL - Introduced me to being a true & considerate golfer, plus she's a mean player. BIL - All round thoroughly decent person. Son - I guess all fathers would understand this. Max + Millie - Deep and abiding passion for animals and always enjoy spending time with them.

Where: I'd like to say Augusta, but to be honest, practicality rules it out. I'd have to say Labuan Golf Club cause it's the place I've logged the most time on and which I have a soft spot for. Helps that the 1st tee if just up the road from the house Very Happy . Post round drinks and meal would be as important for me.
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Ideal Foursome for One Last Round of Golf - Who, Why, Where   Ideal Foursome for One Last Round of Golf - Who, Why, Where I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 9:28 am

TNRM
Who - Dad, Mother-in-Law, Brother-in-Law & Son, 2 dogs (Max + Millie)

Wife don't need ah? affraid

I will spend time with my love ones first than I will go pebble beach with Nick Faldo, Ernie Els and Tiger woods. Nick, my first hero, Ernie the world's most elegant swing and tiger simply because he is no.1
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
TNRM
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
TNRM

PostSubject: Re: Ideal Foursome for One Last Round of Golf - Who, Why, Where   Ideal Foursome for One Last Round of Golf - Who, Why, Where I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 9:57 am

seebayho: Wifey doesn't golf and doesn't want to spend anytime on a golf course.....
Back to top Go down
eden
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
eden

PostSubject: Re: Ideal Foursome for One Last Round of Golf - Who, Why, Where   Ideal Foursome for One Last Round of Golf - Who, Why, Where I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 10:08 am

I am assuming that this is dying moment and will drop dead after lunch type.

WHO - WHY
Wife - closest person (will share buggy for 9 holes before we start arguing...muahaha)
Mrs. Wong - friend that got me started in golf and a very enjoyable golfing partner (fast, considerate & sociable).
Bill - close friend (long lost brother) and will whip my ass in golf.

WHERE
Dubai Creek or Emirates - where i started golf and its where i got to meet both Mrs Wong and Bill.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Ideal Foursome for One Last Round of Golf - Who, Why, Where   Ideal Foursome for One Last Round of Golf - Who, Why, Where I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 10:56 am

Bro TNRM, I suggest set a condition, that we dont die straight after golf Razz. Strictly golf consideration, coz otherwise you'll get mostly family responses

WHO/WHY
Dad - got me started in golf. Still golfing twice a week in his late 60s and he's DAD.
Gary Player - a very humble person, a jokester, generous with advice. Need to say more?
Tom Watson - My all-time favorite player, great with fans as well.

WHERE
Augusta in late spring - Mr. Watson or Mr. Player would be able to arrange me and my Dad to play as they are former champions. No problem at all.
Back to top Go down
TNRM
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
TNRM

PostSubject: Re: Ideal Foursome for One Last Round of Golf - Who, Why, Where   Ideal Foursome for One Last Round of Golf - Who, Why, Where I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 12:17 pm

pushslice: Call me morbid, but I specified it as the 'Final' game for a reason, as with most of my other posts. The reason wasn't to see who they nominated but why. I'm interested at getting under the skin and into the psyche of the person.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Ideal Foursome for One Last Round of Golf - Who, Why, Where   Ideal Foursome for One Last Round of Golf - Who, Why, Where I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 12:41 pm

Got you...do let us know your observation/conclusion once you see enough samples Smile
Back to top Go down
TNRM
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
TNRM

PostSubject: Re: Ideal Foursome for One Last Round of Golf - Who, Why, Where   Ideal Foursome for One Last Round of Golf - Who, Why, Where I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 1:13 pm

puslice: Looks like this thread not that many takers. Would've thought that the people of GR would like this site to be as successful as thesandtrap and hence, would've participated in this thread (and other off-beaten track topics); bearing in mind that absolute volume of posts aren't necessarily a good indicator of success. From a casual observer, 90% of the posts are equipment based or people hooking up with others for a game. A fair number also post frequently but with cute replies of little substance. Threads of the more cerebral nature are few and, in my opinion, sorely needed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ideal Foursome for One Last Round of Golf - Who, Why, Where   Ideal Foursome for One Last Round of Golf - Who, Why, Where I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ideal Foursome for One Last Round of Golf - Who, Why, Where
Page 1 of 1