Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ideal Swing Weight?

Go down 
+8
maslie
Derek
enwee
HyBriD
slinger
Technospaz
BabyCroc
richardyeo
12 posters
AuthorMessage
richardyeo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Ideal Swing Weight? Empty
PostSubject: Ideal Swing Weight?   Ideal Swing Weight? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 1:15 am

Hi all golfer,

Currently, I'm having a CG black with AD Tour BB6s shaft
And the swing weight is D1. My swing speed avg ard 95mph.
Do think I should increase swing weight to D3? Any difference
between D1 to D3 does it affect my swing?

Thanks & regards
Yeo
Back to top Go down
BabyCroc
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
BabyCroc

PostSubject: Re: Ideal Swing Weight?   Ideal Swing Weight? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 1:36 am

I think you are trying to make too much changes to your equipment without giving them enough time on range and course. You just changed your shaft, give it more play time and feel for yourself. Swing weight is kinda like a personal feeling. Some like a more one-piece feel throughout the club, some prefer to feel more head and swing weight. It's pointless asking for an opinion like that without sounding out what you feel that triggered this thought.

I suppose you can't feel head weight?
Back to top Go down
richardyeo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ideal Swing Weight?   Ideal Swing Weight? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 9:06 am

Thanks babycroc

You enlightened me!

Merry X'mas..
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Ideal Swing Weight?   Ideal Swing Weight? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 9:11 am

Richard, have you visited a fitter? It would make sense to do so since they can watch your swing and tempo and recommend specifications for your.

I suspect that swing weight is also affected by the driver which you use. It's not an exact science (though many would disagree) so it's best to visit a fitter and avoid any unnecessary guesswork or expense.
Back to top Go down
BabyCroc
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
BabyCroc

PostSubject: Re: Ideal Swing Weight?   Ideal Swing Weight? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 10:02 am

richardyeo wrote:
Thanks babycroc

You enlightened me!

Merry X'mas..

You are welcome Richard. Just sharing from experience being a equipment slut. Don change too many things at one go, else you won't know what's the change that makes the difference in your swing and feel.

Merry xmas to you too
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Ideal Swing Weight?   Ideal Swing Weight? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 10:07 am

any swing weight between D0-D2 is ideal.... for golfers in general

i also have the BB6 on my 910...swingweight is abt D1 as well

my swingspeed abt 100mph....

dun affect my swing.... cos i dun think too much abt it

Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: Ideal Swing Weight?   Ideal Swing Weight? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 11:43 am

Heavier Swing weight are for those who have faster swing speed and "athletic" body type Or who can "bomb" their ball 280 to 300 Yards.

Most Golf pro's used heavier swing weight because one their shaft are heavier and they have to matched their swing speed.

I think D1 is pretty alright for your 95mph swing speed.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Ideal Swing Weight?   Ideal Swing Weight? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 12:12 pm

Actually abt swing wt, if you guys notice the TM recent release, like the 11s or the burner ver 2.0 the swing wt, something like D4-D6 range, is rather heavy but yet it's easy to hit? So it's all in the mind?
Back to top Go down
richardyeo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ideal Swing Weight?   Ideal Swing Weight? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 4:16 pm

HyBriD wrote:
Heavier Swing weight are for those who have faster swing speed and "athletic" body type Or who can "bomb" their ball 280 to 300 Yards.

Most Golf pro's used heavier swing weight because one their shaft are heavier and they have to matched their swing speed.

I think D1 is pretty alright for your 95mph swing speed.

You're right! Make me play harder for further distance.
Thank you
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Ideal Swing Weight?   Ideal Swing Weight? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 6:38 pm

Hmm ... swing speed 95mph ... Tour AD BB6s on CG Black Head ... with a driver head that light, you will really need some serious swing speed (or late release) to "activate" the shaft ... since your coach recommended that you change shafts, I am guessing you have potential to increase your swing speed into the triple digit range. Just find it strange that you paid for one of the lightest clubs available in the market and you are spending more money to make it heavier both shaft wise and now near to the head as well. But hey, modifying clubs is part of the joy of golf as well!

I know I like neutral swing weights, i.e. around D0, simply cos they feel "lighter" during the swing, but then again I have a swing speed measured consistently at 81-82mph.

However, I have no idea what the swing weights on my current clubs are (that is more for the club fitter to worry about) and I am currently more concerned with where the ball goes.

Like the rest of the guys say, now that you have an arrow you can trust, spend some time on the indian for now.
Back to top Go down
maslie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
maslie

PostSubject: Re: Ideal Swing Weight?   Ideal Swing Weight? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 12:17 am

Hi Richard,

I am just wondering what are you trying to achieve with D3?
IMHO, the easiest way is to put on 4grms lead tape to the head and try it yourself to feel it and it's effect won't be notice in flex changing too. Swingweight is very personal preference so nobody could really advice you. If you trying to match the swingweight to your iron set then no...it would not feel same. Beer

http://www.golf-connexion.com/understanding-swingweight/
Back to top Go down
richardyeo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ideal Swing Weight?   Ideal Swing Weight? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 12:17 pm

Derek wrote:
Hmm ... swing speed 95mph ... Tour AD BB6s on CG Black Head ... with a driver head that light, you will really need some serious swing speed (or late release) to "activate" the shaft ... since your coach recommended that you change shafts, I am guessing you have potential to increase your swing speed into the triple digit range. Just find it strange that you paid for one of the lightest clubs available in the market and you are spending more money to make it heavier both shaft wise and now near to the head as well. But hey, modifying clubs is part of the joy of golf as well!

I know I like neutral swing weights, i.e. around D0, simply cos they feel "lighter" during the swing, but then again I have a swing speed measured consistently at 81-82mph.

However, I have no idea what the swing weights on my current clubs are (that is more for the club fitter to worry about) and I am currently more concerned with where the ball goes.

Like the rest of the guys say, now that you have an arrow you can trust, spend some time on the indian for now.

Derek

When I bought it b'cos the review was forgiving, light and more distance.
By watching the YouTube Cleveland media lagi kana poison!

And I was a newbie for golf, so buy impulsively.
Anyways, so far so good still in luv with it.
But I tried TM R11, sound n feels very solid.

For time being, I will stick on with this first.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Ideal Swing Weight?   Ideal Swing Weight? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 3:42 pm

richardyeo wrote:
Derek wrote:

Derek

When I bought it b'cos the review was forgiving, light and more distance.
By watching the YouTube Cleveland media lagi kana poison!

And I was a newbie for golf, so buy impulsively.
Anyways, so far so good still in luv with it.
But I tried TM R11, sound n feels very solid.

For time being, I will stick on with this first.
Bro Richard, for someone who's claimed he's newbie but when he started with Tour AD BB??? It's not very newbies move.
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: Ideal Swing Weight?   Ideal Swing Weight? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 6:00 pm

you never know... unless you've met him, you will not know what works for him...

the very first time i got fitted 6 mths into playing golf, the shaft that was recommended to me was a diamana whiteboard 73x... and till today 2 yrs on, after trying practically every shaft around and spending approx 50k... i'm back to the same shaft....
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Ideal Swing Weight?   Ideal Swing Weight? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 6:03 pm

shamusan wrote:
you never know... unless you've met him, you will not know what works for him...

the very first time i got fitted 6 mths into playing golf, the shaft that was recommended to me was a diamana whiteboard 73x... and till today 2 yrs on, after trying practically every shaft around and spending approx 50k... i'm back to the same shaft....

50K sure can buy a lot of Dom!!!!!

santa
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Ideal Swing Weight?   Ideal Swing Weight? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 6:09 pm

shamusan wrote:

50K????? affraid White Flag Stretcher
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Ideal Swing Weight?   Ideal Swing Weight? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 7:49 pm

enwee wrote:
shamusan wrote:

50K????? affraid White Flag Stretcher

I think 50k is a very modest estimation.

He has a rented e storage warehouse space just to out his golf bags and golf clubs....
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
drawbias
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
drawbias

PostSubject: Re: Ideal Swing Weight?   Ideal Swing Weight? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 9:03 pm

50k .......... more like under estimate .....
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Ideal Swing Weight?   Ideal Swing Weight? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 9:40 pm

Shamusan is just being modest!
Back to top Go down
richardyeo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ideal Swing Weight?   Ideal Swing Weight? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 12:05 am

shamusan wrote:

$50k..? If let my wife know about it. Going becomes dead meat!
Back to top Go down
richardyeo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ideal Swing Weight?   Ideal Swing Weight? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 12:06 am

shamusan wrote:

$50k..? If let my wife know about it. Going becomes dead meat!

Sorry, double entry. iPhone fault.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ideal Swing Weight?   Ideal Swing Weight? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ideal Swing Weight?
Page 1 of 1