Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How Many Putts Do You Target For Each Round Of Golf

Go down 
+18
pushslice
Turbo
sob
blackpool_04
flashpacker
identti
hillgreen
skybobo
chip_munkie
willytan
Birdman
slinger
Derek
devil_wq
Branong
asahi
Technospaz
TDO
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

How Many Putts Do You Target For Each Round Of Golf Empty
PostSubject: How Many Putts Do You Target For Each Round Of Golf   How Many Putts Do You Target For Each Round Of Golf I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 5:13 pm

Just curious to know how many putts do you target during each round of golf.

Personally, if I can achieve 30 I am a happy man.Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: How Many Putts Do You Target For Each Round Of Golf   How Many Putts Do You Target For Each Round Of Golf I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 5:23 pm

35 and below.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: How Many Putts Do You Target For Each Round Of Golf   How Many Putts Do You Target For Each Round Of Golf I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 5:37 pm

If can achieve 30, it is bloody good!
Back to top Go down
Branong
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How Many Putts Do You Target For Each Round Of Golf   How Many Putts Do You Target For Each Round Of Golf I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 6:01 pm

For my game, it's the putting that kills.
So targeting at below 36 putts!
Back to top Go down
devil_wq
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How Many Putts Do You Target For Each Round Of Golf   How Many Putts Do You Target For Each Round Of Golf I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 6:27 pm

30 putts is damn good!
Average 32-33 will be good enough for me...
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: How Many Putts Do You Target For Each Round Of Golf   How Many Putts Do You Target For Each Round Of Golf I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 6:55 pm

A lot depends on how many GIRs u are hitting. If you are hitting a lot of GIR, then 30 is a good number. 

If you are missing greens and your shot into the green is a pitch or a chip, then 30 is not a good number. Go work on chipping it closer. 

So many permutations and combinations if you look at just individual parts if the game ... Why not just consider total score? If you can play better than bogey golf each time, you are doing pretty ok for a social golfer. If you average 8-10 pars (or better) each round, you are a good golfer. 

..... And if you ALWAYS just manage to beat your opponents by 1 stroke/hole, no matter how good or bad they are, then you have reached the highest level of social golfing
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: How Many Putts Do You Target For Each Round Of Golf   How Many Putts Do You Target For Each Round Of Golf I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 7:33 pm

Derek wrote:
A lot depends on how many GIRs u are hitting. If you are hitting a lot of GIR, then 30 is a good number. 

If you are missing greens and your shot into the green is a pitch or a chip, then 30 is not a good number. Go work on chipping it closer. 

so says the one that has reached the highest level of social golfing.....

regardless of whatever GIR.... 30 putts is pretty darn good for any social golfer
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: How Many Putts Do You Target For Each Round Of Golf   How Many Putts Do You Target For Each Round Of Golf I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 7:47 pm

slinger wrote:
Derek wrote:

so says the one that has reached the highest level of social golfing.....
If it is confirmed by the master of he who has reached the highest level of social golfing.... then it must be so. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: How Many Putts Do You Target For Each Round Of Golf   How Many Putts Do You Target For Each Round Of Golf I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 7:58 pm

I will try to achieve 2 putts per hole (<36 putts will be a good effort) for a newbie golf who started golf last year this period.

I always Kanna killed by those under 30m chip to the pin, usually hit the ball fat. Need more practice or shot planning = more green time.

Last edited by willytan on Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
chip_munkie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
chip_munkie

PostSubject: Re: How Many Putts Do You Target For Each Round Of Golf   How Many Putts Do You Target For Each Round Of Golf I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 8:37 pm

If I can hit 36 putts per round im very happy le.. major problem for me I'm losing strokes on chipping it in.. short game killer follow by putts too short/long..... scratch
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How Many Putts Do You Target For Each Round Of Golf   How Many Putts Do You Target For Each Round Of Golf I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 9:08 pm

As long as I do not 3 putt any hole, I am a happy man. So anything below 36, regardless of how many GIR, in my view is a pretty respectable number for a social golfer
Back to top Go down
hillgreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
hillgreen

PostSubject: Re: How Many Putts Do You Target For Each Round Of Golf   How Many Putts Do You Target For Each Round Of Golf I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 9:13 pm

skybobo wrote:
As long as I do not 3 putt any hole, I am a happy man. So anything below 36, regardless of how many GIR, in my view is a pretty respectable number for a social golfer
me too....
try to keep within 2 putts but shots within 100 must then be near pin....
Back to top Go down
identti
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How Many Putts Do You Target For Each Round Of Golf   How Many Putts Do You Target For Each Round Of Golf I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 9:14 pm

2 putt per hole is good enuff for a newbie like me man.. cheers
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: How Many Putts Do You Target For Each Round Of Golf   How Many Putts Do You Target For Each Round Of Golf I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 9:39 pm

That's precisely my point. Because I only get GIR on at most 3-4holes that's why I have to depend on getting the chips near the hole for 1 putts per round. I really dislike 3 putts. Who wouldn't anyway....
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How Many Putts Do You Target For Each Round Of Golf   How Many Putts Do You Target For Each Round Of Golf I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 9:47 pm

<33
Back to top Go down
Branong
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How Many Putts Do You Target For Each Round Of Golf   How Many Putts Do You Target For Each Round Of Golf I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 12:10 am

Sorry what's GIR?
Back to top Go down
blackpool_04
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How Many Putts Do You Target For Each Round Of Golf   How Many Putts Do You Target For Each Round Of Golf I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 1:22 am

Branong wrote:
Sorry what's GIR?
Green In Regulation. Basically means you're on the green by par minus 2. So on a par 5 hole, GIR means you're on the green in 3 shots.
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

PostSubject: Re: How Many Putts Do You Target For Each Round Of Golf   How Many Putts Do You Target For Each Round Of Golf I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 7:16 am

Aiming for below 30 but happy with below 36, keeping half the game at par is one more step closer to better scores.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: How Many Putts Do You Target For Each Round Of Golf   How Many Putts Do You Target For Each Round Of Golf I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 8:27 am

I think we shouldn't compare our expectations to the pros. Over 18 holes, how many (honestly) can get GIR on all the holes. If he can, he'd be a scratch player. Even pros find it difficult to get GIR 90%, let alone 100%. So we have to be realistic. The reason I posted this topic is to make good the lack of GIR and if possible have a good chip to make the 1 putts.Smile 

Last edited by TDO on Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: How Many Putts Do You Target For Each Round Of Golf   How Many Putts Do You Target For Each Round Of Golf I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 9:57 am

I focus on getting Par for every hole ... Birdie is a bonus to me ... and Bogey is a consolation for a social golfer like myself. Even if I bogey all the way, my score would still be respectable for a social golfer ... I therefore do not focus on achieving how many putts per round ... Cool
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: How Many Putts Do You Target For Each Round Of Golf   How Many Putts Do You Target For Each Round Of Golf I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 11:30 am

Turbo wrote:
I focus on getting Par for every hole ... Birdie is a bonus to me ... and Bogey is a consolation for a social golfer like myself. Even if I bogey all the way, my score would still be respectable for a social golfer ... I therefore do not focus on achieving how many putts per round ... Cool
can get or avg Par every hole isn't social golfer lei

that's almost or already is scratch golfer Laughing
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: How Many Putts Do You Target For Each Round Of Golf   How Many Putts Do You Target For Each Round Of Golf I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 11:34 am

hillgreen wrote:
skybobo wrote:
me too....
try to keep within 2 putts but shots within 100 must then be near pin....
me three. a couple of 3 putts still okay as long as I 1 putt the same number of times Razz 

my wedge approach shot needs to have less dispersion. now it's all over
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: How Many Putts Do You Target For Each Round Of Golf   How Many Putts Do You Target For Each Round Of Golf I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 11:59 am

pushslice wrote:
Turbo wrote:

Yalor...Suspect
Turbo bro, dun anyhow up the status of a social golfer hor...Laughing
To get at least 2-3par fm each frt 9 n back 9 was so difficult liao, nt speakg abt all pars...affraid
Next game 1-2-3 fm u liao..Laughing
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

PostSubject: Re: How Many Putts Do You Target For Each Round Of Golf   How Many Putts Do You Target For Each Round Of Golf I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 12:44 pm

pushslice wrote:
Turbo wrote:

Even not scratch also so single hcp.
Bro Turbo people q up to ask for strokes Liao.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: How Many Putts Do You Target For Each Round Of Golf   How Many Putts Do You Target For Each Round Of Golf I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 12:56 pm

Turbo wrote:
Fwooar. Turbo - you're a class act.

These days, I try to play a bogey game. Pars are a bonus, birdies are an even bigger bonus. Double bogeys are disliked and anything more than that should be avoided like the plague.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Many Putts Do You Target For Each Round Of Golf   How Many Putts Do You Target For Each Round Of Golf I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How Many Putts Do You Target For Each Round Of Golf
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next