Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What wrong with me!!!!

Go down 
+17
andrew-golf
Bangla123
jtek
Master
SteveS
nutty88
Slicer51
enwee
DGman
Duval_S
Desmando R
CoRN
Technospaz
buzz1211
3131T
BestofTheBest
sim.t.lim
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sim.t.lim
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
sim.t.lim

What wrong with me!!!! Empty
PostSubject: What wrong with me!!!!   What wrong with me!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 12:00 am

Firstly, sorry to bro who is going to read my post... i am going to explode liao. think i am more to grumbbling than sharing.. Last sat, had a game with some of my friends at Marina afternoon. All the while my score standard is around 110-115. That day first 9, my score hit below 49. To me i am quite happy thebscore. Who know 2nd 9, 64.don know step on what gao ai luck. Start from 12 hole, consective double par for 4 holes... omg... sian ka liao. Driver slice... chipping over and got into bunker. Took 2-3stroke to get out... putt 1m also cant get in...
Don know is it because the weather too hot, or i am really suck. i just cant believe i make so many mistake.

Any one ever encounter when you don know what wrong u just cant deliver the ball to the green??? Just sharing..
Back to top Go down
BestofTheBest
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
BestofTheBest

PostSubject: Re: What wrong with me!!!!   What wrong with me!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 12:24 am

Friend

Just relax and play

When things go bad, take one shot at a time

This is golf
Back to top Go down
3131T
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
3131T

PostSubject: Re: What wrong with me!!!!   What wrong with me!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 12:35 am

sim.t.lim wrote:
Firstly, sorry to bro who is going to read my post... i am going to explode liao. think i am more to grumbbling than sharing.. Last sat, had a game with some of my friends at Marina afternoon. All the while my score standard is around 110-115. That day first 9, my score hit below 49. To me i am quite happy thebscore. Who know 2nd 9, 64.don know step on what gao ai luck. Start from 12 hole, consective double par for 4 holes... omg... sian ka liao. Driver slice... chipping over and got into bunker. Took 2-3stroke to get out... putt 1m also cant get in...
Don know is it because the weather too hot, or i am really suck. i just cant believe i make so many mistake.

Any one ever encounter when you don know what wrong u just cant deliver the ball to the green??? Just sharing..

Ha ha bro... I see it as a mental block thing n u r kan jong la...

Like u said, ur score ard 110-115... With 1st 9 49, subconciously ur mind was thinking of playing 50 n below for 2nd 9 and u will break 100... Most likely, this was wat went wrong...

Just enjoy the game n have fun... It will be better...
Back to top Go down
buzz1211
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
buzz1211

PostSubject: Re: What wrong with me!!!!   What wrong with me!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 1:09 am

Bro,

Played 44 front 9 at Legends and 60 back 9. Played 43 at Serapong front 9 and 57 back 9. Last week, played 110 at New Course. Some days I think I've bested the game enough to break 90 but then reality bites me. So much of the game is in the head. I shanked so badly at one game, my friends forgave me when I left after 9 holes. (rude I know but more rude if I had stayed). Few break 100. Even fewer break 90. So we're just one of many. I plan to finally play my age at 90.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: What wrong with me!!!!   What wrong with me!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 8:47 am

Nothing wrong with you.

Golf is a game where your biggest competitor is yourself. We often end up fighting our own shortcomings (psychological and physical) to get ahead. You may lose to your opponents but it's when you lose to yourself that it really hurts.

You always challenge yourself and it's sometimes the smallest obstacles which cause the biggest problems. For most golfers who play in the 90-100+ range (myself included), it's an achievement to play below 2 9s below 50. So, you end up getting so determined to score well, that you focus more on the number than the game. That's when things fall apart.

One double par means that you'll need to play even better at the next hole to recover. So, you just add pressure on yourself. Soon, the pressure takes over, you succumb and end up posting a ridiculous score.

I know many golfers here who just play hole-by-hole and won't even bother counting score until they're gulping beer at the 19th. This way, they disassociate themselves from the number and focus instead on scoring well for each hole. It's not easy but it helps.

Try to not look at the score after the first nine. Just remember that every hole is separate and what you did in the previous hole (good or bad) has passed. It's now time to focus on the current hole. Keep doing that and moving on. It may make a difference Smile

HTH
Back to top Go down
CoRN
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
CoRN

PostSubject: Re: What wrong with me!!!!   What wrong with me!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 8:59 am

Been playing low 90s in the past few months and occasionally break 90. Last week at Marina played more than 100 when I didn't even go into the bunker. So, I hear you my friend. it's not only you. We all have our fair share of good and bad days.
Back to top Go down
Desmando R
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What wrong with me!!!!   What wrong with me!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 9:20 am

sim.t.lim wrote:

I guess there is nothing wrong as this is golf.. You might one day play 90 and in your next game, because you already have a target, you start to pressure yourself and end up playing your old score once again..... Think of what went wrong, go practise those parts and improve on them. 2-3 stroke out of bunker is normal for weekend players sometimes. haha. Take it easy and enjoy the game Smile
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What wrong with me!!!!   What wrong with me!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 9:27 am

I think its essentially ones approach to the game.

of coz, there is always the element of the mind

the other thing I keep reminding myself is to fall back to a reliable swing if all goes wrong..even if its short and folks laugh at it.

ps: I use my reliable swing all the time
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: What wrong with me!!!!   What wrong with me!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 9:40 am

The game of golf is the game of life...its filled with ups and downs. even for the pros, there is never such a thing as predictability. it teaches us that you are only as good as your last hole.

Fear, expectations, joy and happiness are created by ourselves. when you turn a corner, you can expect three things - a robber, a pot of gold and .......

if you expect a robber, you will live in fear, if you expect a pot of gold, you might get really disappointed.

in the end the game is just a number for most. you can think of how enjoyable that round has been for you or how miserable it has made you. at the end of the day, your skills and your mental approach is what separate a true competitive player from a competent golfer. not everyone can play like Captain or Yash for that matter because they have a different agenda when they tee up. its call a goal and its a goal that they are well-trained for and are physically and mentally capable of achieving......just like what you are trained for in your real life job.

as for me, i always expect another corner round the corner....why?.....go figure that out.

have a great week ahead and happy golfing.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: What wrong with me!!!!   What wrong with me!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 9:41 am

Bro, nothing wrong with u, because you hit 49 in the front 9. So you tried to be more daring or adventurous in then back 9, as a result making more mistake. Normal lah, last GR outing, I had a 45 in the front 9 and as going to last hole, par 5, if I played bogey will play below 100. So after a super drive onto fairway, I thought of cutting the distance on approached shorter by using a fw, but the shot failed to cross a lake by hitting the lake edge and dropped into water. Ended with a big 8 on that hole.
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: What wrong with me!!!!   What wrong with me!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 9:58 am

sim.t.lim wrote:

Bro, nice thread. I am sure I have wrote the same post and questions before. Welcome to the journey of golf and believe me, you are not the only one going through this. I understand how you felt, sometime feel like giving up, don't you ? However, you still return to the course after couple of days when your golf kaki invite you for another round.

Since you are still playing in your 100s, I presume you are rather new to golf. I also believe all brothers here have highlighted all possible reasons, especially the response from bro technospaz & DGman

My vision was. It is all in your mind. Golf is more then just swinging well but much more in the mental game and course management as far as I am concern

I wonder why everyone said " play one shot at a time ", keep it simple by just wanted to hit your ball over there at the target (do not think anything else, like bunker, hazard, ob, my scores, need to par or birdies .. etc)

1) The higher my expectation, the harder I can play well.

However, the basic fundamental on training hard on swing, short game, bunker & putting are still a must enable one to play well. Hitting far at your level is no important at all compare to hitting accurate. Always try to avoid getting OB or penalties if one wanted to score well.

The day when you hit a bad shot and still tell yourself " It is okay" or just smile. That will be the day you going to play well.

Do not worry, we are all here to support you " mentally " .. Enjoy !

Last edited by Slicer51 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: What wrong with me!!!!   What wrong with me!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 10:35 am

No expectation, no disappointment. Just go out and enjoy the day as putting too much pressure on yourself to get good score is a recipe for disaster.
Back to top Go down
SteveS
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What wrong with me!!!!   What wrong with me!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 12:36 pm

everytime i go green or range, i always wonder what's wrong with me?!?!?! but i still continue playing....

over positive... sigh
Back to top Go down
Master
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Master

PostSubject: Re: What wrong with me!!!!   What wrong with me!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 12:37 pm

sim.t.lim wrote:

You can actually post WTS to sell your clubs and quit the game already.

You have accumulated enough posts to post in the WTS section.

Many Thanks.
Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What wrong with me!!!!   What wrong with me!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 1:03 pm

Hi bro, don't worry... You are not alone in this game of golf.
Back to top Go down
Bangla123
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Bangla123

PostSubject: Re: What wrong with me!!!!   What wrong with me!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 1:17 pm

Master wrote:
sim.t.lim wrote:

Many Thanks.

Hahaha.. Bitchy little thing aren't you Smile
Back to top Go down
SteveS
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What wrong with me!!!!   What wrong with me!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 1:22 pm

Master wrote:
sim.t.lim wrote:

Many Thanks.

I think you are talking about me? haha. Is true that I am posting that message to get the 20 post to sell my bag.... not selling clubs Smile

I love golfing Smile my only past time now.
Back to top Go down
sim.t.lim
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
sim.t.lim

PostSubject: Re: What wrong with me!!!!   What wrong with me!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 2:02 pm

Slicer51 wrote:

Bro, nice thread. I am sure I have wrote the same post and questions before. Welcome to the journey of golf and believe me, you are not the only one going through this. I understand how you felt, sometime feel like giving up, don't you ? However, you still return to the course after couple of days when your golf kaki invite you for another round.

Since you are still playing in your 100s, I presume you are rather new to golf. I also believe all brothers here have highlighted all possible reasons, especially the response from bro technospaz & DGman

My vision was. It is all in your mind. Golf is more then just swinging well but much more in the mental game and course management as far as I am concern

I wonder why everyone said " play one shot at a time ", keep it simple by just wanted to hit your ball over there at the target (do not think anything else, like bunker, hazard, ob, my scores, need to par or birdies .. etc)

1) The higher my expectation, the harder I can play well.

However, the basic fundamental on training hard on swing, short game, bunker & putting are still a must enable one to play well. Hitting far at your level is no important at all compare to hitting accurate. Always try to avoid getting OB or penalties if one wanted to score well.

The day when you hit a bad shot and still tell yourself " It is okay" or just smile. That will be the day you going to play well.

Do not worry, we are all here to support you " mentally " .. Enjoy !

Hi Bro, you are right, this sport sometime i felt like throw the club aside, but later on when u are free, your hand start itchy and swing like a "siao lang" when you are alone.
Perhap some of the bros analysis is correct, i quite happy and excited when my 1st 9 below 50.. then start to become more daring and adventureous. I guess i should keep this message in my brain, " " play one shot at a time ", keep it simple"... lol...
Anyway, after work most likely go to driving range to go "polish" my skill again.

Bro Master, i just bought a cobra amp iron 4-P, how can u ask me to market place to sell it off. Maybe can consider a few years later... when is time for me to change new club.. LOL
good putt
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: What wrong with me!!!!   What wrong with me!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 2:04 pm

birdies are coming soon...

be patient

Golf is like chocolates

You never know what you gonna get till u open the box

Play without any expectations, have fun and enjoy

the more relax, the more birdies and par

Cheers

Andrew

Back to top Go down
sim.t.lim
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
sim.t.lim

PostSubject: Re: What wrong with me!!!!   What wrong with me!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 2:19 pm

Bro Andrew, i got so many pars... play for 4 holes got 8 pars!!!
Anyway, i am using my old club cos haven really get use to the new club yet.

Sometime really your brain is playing trick on you. body movement is the same, but your hand just not working.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: What wrong with me!!!!   What wrong with me!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 2:21 pm

I'm like you... I'm so good at this game, for some holes, I par it twice Smile
Back to top Go down
Newtogolf
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What wrong with me!!!!   What wrong with me!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 5:32 pm

You think you had it bad?

Think again...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiyEyDwuq_Q
Back to top Go down
sim.t.lim
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
sim.t.lim

PostSubject: Re: What wrong with me!!!!   What wrong with me!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 8:32 pm

No comment. He won.. lol...
I never want to end up in this. But at the end, he just 8 over.

Anyway i just come back from seletar driving range... din really dare to swing with my driver... oh no... i think i am mental block liao...
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: What wrong with me!!!!   What wrong with me!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 8:34 pm

sim.t.lim wrote:

Anyway i just come back from seletar driving range... din really dare to swing with my driver... oh no... i think i am mental block liao...
btw u tried wood if your driver not working?
Back to top Go down
ironstarz
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
ironstarz

PostSubject: Re: What wrong with me!!!!   What wrong with me!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 9:17 pm

sim.t.lim wrote:

If you can't handle driver , go for wood, if cannot , go for 3H . I tee off with my 3H on bad days and I get better results. Trust ur equipments Smile they are good
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What wrong with me!!!!   What wrong with me!!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What wrong with me!!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next