Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

we have been practising all wrong!

Go down 
+8
SG Golfer
nremda
Turbo
maverick0118
stickman
lousyswinger
Technospaz
haragolfer
12 posters
AuthorMessage
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

we have been practising all wrong! Empty
PostSubject: we have been practising all wrong!   we have been practising all wrong! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 7:36 am

http://www.golfdigest.com/blogs/the-loop/2014/12/youve-been-practicing-golf-all.html
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: we have been practising all wrong!   we have been practising all wrong! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 7:41 am

Ah hah!! I knew it! That's why I don't practise - which gives me an excuse to use for my horrible game.
Back to top Go down
lousyswinger
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: we have been practising all wrong!   we have been practising all wrong! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 7:58 am

That explains a lot as to why I need to change clubs after the honeymoon period is over. 

"the problem with repetition is after a while our brains aren't as receptive, because what we really respond to more is change. "

Interesting share....
Back to top Go down
stickman
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: we have been practising all wrong!   we have been practising all wrong! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:22 am

No wonder I still sucks at this game!!!!! Good reading
Back to top Go down
maverick0118
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: we have been practising all wrong!   we have been practising all wrong! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 10:50 am

Actually, i thought the best way to range is to have some warm up.  Subsequently, mentally play a course that you are familiar.  Ie, hit with a driver for par 4, follow by a 8 iron to green that you can see. Than change back to driver for another par 5, wood for second shot, and a wedge in to a near green.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: we have been practising all wrong!   we have been practising all wrong! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 11:08 am

I think the appropriate practice is to hit 3 shots for one club at one target ... and change target and/or club from time to time ... Make it a point that every shot you execute counts. Many a time I saw golfers at the range simply swing for the sake of hitting the ball repetitively & vigorously without taking it seriously like you actually play in the course ... One should take his/her time between hitting shots ...
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: we have been practising all wrong!   we have been practising all wrong! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 11:23 am

I confess I posted this article because it affirms my refusal ( read laziness) to go to the range also.   mu hahahahaha
Back to top Go down
nremda
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
nremda

PostSubject: Re: we have been practising all wrong!   we have been practising all wrong! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 11:30 am

Hara, you can afford to be "lazy" cause you play so well liao.. 

I still have to slog it out at the range to reach your level.   pale
Back to top Go down
SG Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
SG Golfer

PostSubject: Re: we have been practising all wrong!   we have been practising all wrong! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 2:56 pm

Interesting read:joker:
Back to top Go down
IceShelterX
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: we have been practising all wrong!   we have been practising all wrong! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 5:24 pm

agree and not agree... a musician will played same repetitive music until his hand bleed in order to muscle memory that set of music...

meaning in order to be able to play at one course better, we need to train the same as maverick mentioned. repeat the course play at range until you can conquer that course at green...then go to next course you will need to redo everything again so you can play better. So how long it gonna take for you to play better at most of the course?

alternatively is just go by set play driver-7i-putt, 7i-putt, etc... but then how long its take for you to master that kind of set?

or we can do bla bla bla.....

Oh well forget about it... lets enjoy golf... practice all the irons, hybrids, woods and putter... tee off with whatever you think it can make ball land on fairway... then next club that can make the ball land on green and a putter ofcourse to putt the ball into that "big" hole.

or like me use driver... then rescue to get out of rough... then 56 to get our of bunker... follow by putt from anywhere near green  Twisted Evil

On other note... yeah Hara so good liao... play with him really jin stress... He know what to use and confirm reach where he want...
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: we have been practising all wrong!   we have been practising all wrong! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 6:20 pm

I take a leaf off of slinger manual. practise short game. chips high chips low.  change lie. opposite angle. chip with hybrid. chip with 3 wood. putt off green. 

fun what. come to think of it. I do practise a little. when I duff on course hit one more if not betting lor. liddat practise.  Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: we have been practising all wrong!   we have been practising all wrong! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 8:42 pm

I range bcos I wanna maintain my lousy swing so I can have a lousy game.
Back to top Go down
Eferata
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Eferata

PostSubject: Re: we have been practising all wrong!   we have been practising all wrong! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 11:11 pm

Hi all,
I only partly agree to it. I believe 
one should concentrate hitting every
shot. Quality 100 balls is better then
Blindly hitting 200 balls. I have played 
a few sports and I find it quite useful
in quality training. I am now trying it 
on golf, hope it works too.
Regards,
Eferata
Back to top Go down
Frederick
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Frederick

PostSubject: Re: we have been practising all wrong!   we have been practising all wrong! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 11:39 am

Agree and not agree...

It really depends on our objectives on the range.
It could be:

1. Getting used to how the club head looks.
2. Getting used to ball position
3. Working on the swing
4. Working with a fade or draw shot
5. Just changed a new shaft

but of course, mimicking what we do on the course makes a lot of sense too... just like our warm up. We dun warm up the same way we do going for a run. 

Thank you for the article. Great read....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: we have been practising all wrong!   we have been practising all wrong! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

we have been practising all wrong!
Page 1 of 1