Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Practising near the edge of disaster

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Practising near the edge of disaster Empty
PostSubject: Practising near the edge of disaster   Practising near the edge of disaster I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 9:56 am

I have seen golfers who put the ball at the edge of the mat, and right next to the tray full of balls? Why do they have to practise this way? To show off?

Well, disasters do happen and I have seen twice already who missed and whack the tray of balls instead. Quite a sight to behold with balls in the air in many directions.
Dont know to be amused or to help to them to pick the balls..

cheers
Back to top Go down
nkglfrs
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Practising near the edge of disaster   Practising near the edge of disaster I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 10:07 am

Some driving range matt are long overdue to be changed. The edge are the only surface left thats still soft and with a bit of elevated support
Back to top Go down
Vrooooom2
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Practising near the edge of disaster   Practising near the edge of disaster I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 12:05 pm

Agree, condition of range mats and balls should be maintained regularly. However I hv seen some pretty bazaar and risky practices by golfers at the range. Alignment at an angle, if shank, golfer/golfers next bay will surely get hit. Putting ball just in front or next to rubber t or putting clubs/sticks so close to the ball, any mishit will mean accident. I respect the golfer's self confidence but safety at close proximity in the driving range must take priority. Common sense and etiquette must prevail.

I bet if one were to tell the golfer even politely, it will most likely start an argument.
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Practising near the edge of disaster   Practising near the edge of disaster I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 4:36 pm

nkglfrs wrote:
Some driving range matt are long overdue to be changed. The edge are the only surface left thats still soft and with a bit of elevated support

The practice involves placing the ball in between the rubber tee and the tray.

Still, there's no need to put the tray next to the ball to be hit, right?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Practising near the edge of disaster   Practising near the edge of disaster I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Practising near the edge of disaster
Page 1 of 1