Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's wrong with the picture?

Go down 
+8
joleelyn
Aloyboy
duffader
Lee36328
Newtogolf
Kenneth
golfbuzz
nrafee
12 posters
AuthorMessage
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

What's wrong with the picture? Empty
PostSubject: What's wrong with the picture?   What's wrong with the picture? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 8:27 am

What's wrong with the picture? F27fe11a

Thomson Grand ad today. What's wrong with the picture? pirat
Back to top Go down
golfbuzz
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
golfbuzz

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with the picture?   What's wrong with the picture? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 9:25 am

nrafee wrote:

Right handed driver with left handed swing ?
Back to top Go down
Kenneth
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with the picture?   What's wrong with the picture? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 9:28 am

This picture has been mirrored by software, glove should be on his left hand & should be swing right to left.
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with the picture?   What's wrong with the picture? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 9:50 am

golfbuzz wrote:
nrafee wrote:

Yes! And you are not allowed to tee off from your balcony!

Back to top Go down
golfbuzz
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
golfbuzz

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with the picture?   What's wrong with the picture? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 10:40 am

nrafee wrote:
golfbuzz wrote:
nrafee wrote:

Haha Razz maybe need to shout fore ....
Back to top Go down
Newtogolf
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with the picture?   What's wrong with the picture? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 12:49 pm

nrafee wrote:

The fella's too rich and doesn't mind smashing the glass panels on his balcony and breaking his driver.
Back to top Go down
Newtogolf
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with the picture?   What's wrong with the picture? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 12:50 pm

Ok, damn. I saw the 'roll dice' thing and wondered what the hell it is so I tried it for fun.

Anyone can help me delete it?
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with the picture?   What's wrong with the picture? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 12:51 pm

Unless there is a strong right to left wind, or he has a mega slice, the ball won't hit the target. His feet are aiming totally way to the right.

But, I like the stylish dressing.

Good catch on the club, I did not even spot that.
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with the picture?   What's wrong with the picture? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 12:56 pm

Lee... u should turn pro... cos your theory really solid!!!
Back to top Go down
Aloyboy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Aloyboy

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with the picture?   What's wrong with the picture? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 12:56 pm

Maybe he is just stretching leh
Back to top Go down
joleelyn
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
joleelyn

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with the picture?   What's wrong with the picture? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 2:33 pm

nrafee wrote:
golfbuzz wrote:
nrafee wrote:

Apparently there is a place that can... (in time to come)... affraid dun off balance and fall down can liao.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with the picture?   What's wrong with the picture? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 2:45 pm

At that angle, wouldn't the glass have been smashed?
Back to top Go down
GooGie
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
GooGie

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with the picture?   What's wrong with the picture? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 4:29 pm

The club is for left handed golfer, so nothing wrong with that.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with the picture?   What's wrong with the picture? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 4:34 pm

Stupid advertisement guy who never play golf before. Asked a non golfer model to pose and just give him a club, and suay suay model happen to be left handed so never realised that a left handed club should be used to pose but just grabbed any club which happens to be right handed one and just continue to shoot. Ha ha only sharp eyes from GRians noticed the flaw. Somebody ought to call Thomson Grand and tell them the photo is a Boo Boo because of the mistake.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with the picture?   What's wrong with the picture? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 4:37 pm

GooGie wrote:
The club is for left handed golfer, so nothing wrong with that.

Bro, don't tell me you are the one who shot the photo? Go to today's Straits Times and look at the full page advert. It IS definitely 100% righthanded driver .
Back to top Go down
GooGie
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
GooGie

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with the picture?   What's wrong with the picture? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 4:43 pm

Turn the page upside down and it is clearly an R11 or BSF2 with the black face. The shaft enters the heel and the face points right.
Back to top Go down
Newtogolf
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with the picture?   What's wrong with the picture? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 6:59 pm

Tituman wrote:
Stupid advertisement guy who never play golf before. Asked a non golfer model to pose and just give him a club, and suay suay model happen to be left handed so never realised that a left handed club should be used to pose but just grabbed any club which happens to be right handed one and just continue to shoot. Ha ha only sharp eyes from GRians noticed the flaw. Somebody ought to call Thomson Grand and tell them the photo is a Boo Boo because of the mistake.
I think calling Thomson Grand just because they used a bad photo (which is kinda insulting to us golfers) is kinda.... how do u say? "Over the top"?

Anyway, just laugh it all off guys. I doubt the model is a golfer and perhaps its just due to some 'customer demand' that the poor graphic editor has to be forced to make a bad call to actually flip the guy from right to left resulting in a 'lopsided' photo.

I do know of a Graphic Designer who was actually ordered to flip pictures over by his boss on the demands of the client despite being warned of the consequences by the Designer and what happened to the resulting advertisement (which was larger than life) was that, the object appeared like what appeared in this advert (lopsided with the actual lefts and rights all mixed up) if one noticed it carefully.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with the picture?   What's wrong with the picture? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 9:55 pm

duffader wrote:

I say man, pai seh, pai seh. Theory I can talk until the cows come home, or Tiger finally figures out how to hit it straight, whichever is later. But unfortunately, theory alone won't launch the ball. Still got to hit the darn ball! Mad
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with the picture?   What's wrong with the picture? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 10:03 pm

Actually, I've seen worse. Singapore got ESPN or not? Ever see the ESPN HD ad? One gentleman tees up and hits a hole in one, with lots of special effect and post-production animation of course.

Right from the stance, I want to cringe already. As he takes a backswing, I avert my eyes (not wanting to affect my own swing muscle memory.) The way he whacks the ball, lets just say politely it's a swing only his physical therapist and chiropractor would love.

Just generally speaking, i know it's only an ad. But one would think realism would make the ad even more effective. After all, the target audience/market segment are people who play golf, and we all know golfers are fanatically obsessed about the swing... right? Razz
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with the picture?   What's wrong with the picture? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 10:48 pm

Lee36328 wrote:
duffader wrote:

I say man, pai seh, pai seh. Theory I can talk until the cows come home, or Tiger finally figures out how to hit it straight, whichever is later. But unfortunately, theory alone won't launch the ball. Still got to hit the darn ball! Mad

The way you talk about golf, is like the way i drink beer..... seems so easy.
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with the picture?   What's wrong with the picture? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 10:52 pm

duffader wrote:
Lee36328 wrote:
duffader wrote:

Can we recognise you when u r back or not? Drink so much the belly looking like zhu ba jie is it? ROFL
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with the picture?   What's wrong with the picture? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 11:08 pm

S70B wrote:
duffader wrote:
Lee36328 wrote:
duffader wrote:

Can we recognise you when u r back or not? Drink so much the belly looking like zhu ba jie is it? ROFL

Drinking to neutralize the curry lah..... i slim down by 1.7 kgs leh. Smile
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with the picture?   What's wrong with the picture? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 11:13 pm

Come back and cook it on the 21st. I goin to source for the Prima Taste one tmr alr.
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with the picture?   What's wrong with the picture? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 11:23 pm

S70B wrote:
Come back and cook it on the 21st. I goin to source for the Prima Taste one tmr alr.
wifey going to get her mum to cook!!!
Back to top Go down
Newtogolf
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with the picture?   What's wrong with the picture? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 11:52 pm

Lee36328 wrote:
Actually, I've seen worse. Singapore got ESPN or not? Ever see the ESPN HD ad? One gentleman tees up and hits a hole in one, with lots of special effect and post-production animation of course.

Right from the stance, I want to cringe already. As he takes a backswing, I avert my eyes (not wanting to affect my own swing muscle memory.) The way he whacks the ball, lets just say politely it's a swing only his physical therapist and chiropractor would love.

Just generally speaking, i know it's only an ad. But one would think realism would make the ad even more effective. After all, the target audience/market segment are people who play golf, and we all know golfers are fanatically obsessed about the swing... right? Razz
That explains why I'm not improving as fast as I wished and I'm still hitting in 90s to 100s.

I should be more obsessed with my swing. Argh~~~~~~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with the picture?   What's wrong with the picture? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's wrong with the picture?
Page 1 of 1