Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why CEO took train from Bishan to CCK when his office is near City Hall..

Go down 
+24
iron eagle
guy013
Khorkar
Denmeister
mojojojo
Turbo
pushslice
Slicer51
poresia
lsh87
Bear
audi
bogeyman72
Master
hkhamateur
nutty88
TheFocalPoint
schnell
charlesho
blong
enwee
jeffman88
mUAr_cHEe
chien
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

Why CEO took train from Bishan to CCK when his office is near City Hall.. Empty
PostSubject: Why CEO took train from Bishan to CCK when his office is near City Hall..   Why CEO took train from Bishan to CCK when his office is near City Hall.. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 10:37 am

Am having a fun discussion with a buddy on the latest news.. Set me thinking.. Doesn't take a genius to know the answer, but interesting how it was publicized..

Sharing what my buddy sent to me

Why CEO took train from Bishan to CCK when his office is near City Hall.. 527371_526147567400236_1472401023_n

lol!

Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Why CEO took train from Bishan to CCK when his office is near City Hall..   Why CEO took train from Bishan to CCK when his office is near City Hall.. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 10:40 am

Good one.
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: Why CEO took train from Bishan to CCK when his office is near City Hall..   Why CEO took train from Bishan to CCK when his office is near City Hall.. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 10:43 am

reminds me of this pic!
Why CEO took train from Bishan to CCK when his office is near City Hall.. 2w4isnb
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Why CEO took train from Bishan to CCK when his office is near City Hall..   Why CEO took train from Bishan to CCK when his office is near City Hall.. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 10:45 am

He's from the SAF which is very good at this...just like our Mr Lui.
Back to top Go down
blong
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Why CEO took train from Bishan to CCK when his office is near City Hall..   Why CEO took train from Bishan to CCK when his office is near City Hall.. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 10:45 am

if I was made CEO of MRT, i promise i will take MRT everyday to work.
Back to top Go down
charlesho
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
charlesho

PostSubject: Re: Why CEO took train from Bishan to CCK when his office is near City Hall..   Why CEO took train from Bishan to CCK when his office is near City Hall.. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 11:13 am

Well... he might be thinking he can squeeze in a few hundred thousands of passanger more in the morning peak hour...

Stretcher
Back to top Go down
schnell
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
schnell

PostSubject: Re: Why CEO took train from Bishan to CCK when his office is near City Hall..   Why CEO took train from Bishan to CCK when his office is near City Hall.. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 11:18 am

To walk the talk I say but then again with saf background probably another show and tell..wonder why he didn't take the 6pm train from city hall to bishan...
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Why CEO took train from Bishan to CCK when his office is near City Hall..   Why CEO took train from Bishan to CCK when his office is near City Hall.. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 11:22 am

schnell wrote:
To walk the talk I say but then again with saf background probably another show and tell..wonder why he didn't take the 6pm train from city hall to bishan...

True..

He should take the train from Bishan to City Hall instead !
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: Why CEO took train from Bishan to CCK when his office is near City Hall..   Why CEO took train from Bishan to CCK when his office is near City Hall.. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 11:31 am

like this one?

Why CEO took train from Bishan to CCK when his office is near City Hall.. 527451_463158820395957_205162441_n
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: Why CEO took train from Bishan to CCK when his office is near City Hall..   Why CEO took train from Bishan to CCK when his office is near City Hall.. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 11:38 am

For show only. Took train during non-peak. How come no one threw salted eggs ah?
Back to top Go down
charlesho
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
charlesho

PostSubject: Re: Why CEO took train from Bishan to CCK when his office is near City Hall..   Why CEO took train from Bishan to CCK when his office is near City Hall.. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 11:39 am

well... there might be a possibility that the passanger is actually the employee in disguise?
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Why CEO took train from Bishan to CCK when his office is near City Hall..   Why CEO took train from Bishan to CCK when his office is near City Hall.. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 11:42 am

charlesho wrote:
well... there might be a possibility that the passanger is actually the employee in disguise?

Think they copy e American show, 'Boss in disguise' Laughing
Back to top Go down
charlesho
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
charlesho

PostSubject: Re: Why CEO took train from Bishan to CCK when his office is near City Hall..   Why CEO took train from Bishan to CCK when his office is near City Hall.. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 11:44 am

hkhamateur wrote:
charlesho wrote:

hm... undercover boss become undercover employee?

Interesting...
Back to top Go down
Master
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Master

PostSubject: Re: Why CEO took train from Bishan to CCK when his office is near City Hall..   Why CEO took train from Bishan to CCK when his office is near City Hall.. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 11:54 am

charlesho wrote:
hkhamateur wrote:
charlesho wrote:

hm... undercover boss become undercover employee?

Interesting...

A undercover boss is an employee.
Back to top Go down
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bogeyman72

PostSubject: Re: Why CEO took train from Bishan to CCK when his office is near City Hall..   Why CEO took train from Bishan to CCK when his office is near City Hall.. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 12:01 pm

Sometimes I really wonder if advisers to public org CEOs are stupid or really stupid.....

For this exercise, the objective was to get the general public to know that the new CEO is ever ready to roll up his sleeves and in a hurry to get a feel on the ground

So the simple thing to do is to get him to take a peak hour ride from urban to the city area

Why advice him to do the opposite and invite criticism from the public?

really sad that brainless folks are working in organisation who play important systemic roles in our country

so very sad!!!!
Back to top Go down
Master
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Master

PostSubject: Re: Why CEO took train from Bishan to CCK when his office is near City Hall..   Why CEO took train from Bishan to CCK when his office is near City Hall.. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 12:03 pm

bogeyman72 wrote:
Sometimes I really wonder if advisers to public org CEOs are stupid or really stupid.....

For this exercise, the objective was to get the general public to know that the new CEO is ever ready to roll up his sleeves and in a hurry to get a feel on the ground

So the simple thing to do is to get him to take a peak hour ride from urban to the city area

really sad that brainless folks are working in organisation who play important systemic roles in our country

so very sad!!!!

Hi Sir,

Would you be free to come for an interview with us this week?

Regards,
SMRT HR
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: Why CEO took train from Bishan to CCK when his office is near City Hall..   Why CEO took train from Bishan to CCK when his office is near City Hall.. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 12:06 pm

hope the new incoming spokesman from Temasek/ SIA is reading all these feedback too...
http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/temasek-spokesman-expected-take-smrts-hot-seat-20121001
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Why CEO took train from Bishan to CCK when his office is near City Hall..   Why CEO took train from Bishan to CCK when his office is near City Hall.. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 12:12 pm

bogeyman72 wrote:

so very sad!!!!

lol!

+1
Back to top Go down
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bogeyman72

PostSubject: Re: Why CEO took train from Bishan to CCK when his office is near City Hall..   Why CEO took train from Bishan to CCK when his office is near City Hall.. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 12:14 pm

Dear Sir,

Many thanks for the invitation.

However, you do not require a person of my calibre to do the job of advising your CEO. Any junior school leaver who truly knows the feel on the ground will suffice.

This will help you control headcount costs for the CEO office and boost the bottomline for your shareholder too.

Cheers.

Master wrote:
bogeyman72 wrote:

so very sad!!!!

Hi Sir,

Would you be free to come for an interview with us this week?

Regards,
SMRT HR
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: Why CEO took train from Bishan to CCK when his office is near City Hall..   Why CEO took train from Bishan to CCK when his office is near City Hall.. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 12:39 pm

he's a new CEO, so he will be wanting to get his name all nice. people will be thinking "this new CEO is so low-profile ah, he takes train to work". forget all those stuff. its just politics and publicity stunt, to show people that he's low-profile and can blend with the community. he will only take the train once, and after that he's gonna travel by car.
Back to top Go down
Bear
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Why CEO took train from Bishan to CCK when his office is near City Hall..   Why CEO took train from Bishan to CCK when his office is near City Hall.. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 2:18 pm

bogeyman72 wrote:

so very sad!!!!

+++++LIKE

and worse, most of these ppl are scholars. very very sad. But I know some scholars who are passionate and really wish to make a difference. But becoz of that, some of them hentak kaki...or kena deployed somewhere obscure...
Back to top Go down
http://www.website.co.jp
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: Why CEO took train from Bishan to CCK when his office is near City Hall..   Why CEO took train from Bishan to CCK when his office is near City Hall.. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 3:11 pm

audi wrote:
he's a new CEO, so he will be wanting to get his name all nice. people will be thinking "this new CEO is so low-profile ah, he takes train to work". forget all those stuff. its just politics and publicity stunt, to show people that he's low-profile and can blend with the community. he will only take the train once, and after that he's gonna travel by car.

If he is low profile, this news would not be made public liao.
Back to top Go down
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bogeyman72

PostSubject: Re: Why CEO took train from Bishan to CCK when his office is near City Hall..   Why CEO took train from Bishan to CCK when his office is near City Hall.. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 3:26 pm

I never insinuate scholars no good hor.... u say one hah.... dun wan later all my bros come after me wielding their PHD, Master, Honours scrolls and aim to hantam my head!

Bear wrote:
bogeyman72 wrote:

so very sad!!!!

+++++LIKE

and worse, most of these ppl are scholars. very very sad. But I know some scholars who are passionate and really wish to make a difference. But becoz of that, some of them hentak kaki...or kena deployed somewhere obscure...
Back to top Go down
lsh87
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Why CEO took train from Bishan to CCK when his office is near City Hall..   Why CEO took train from Bishan to CCK when his office is near City Hall.. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 3:56 pm

If he comes on during the peak hours with all the media people, causing the train to be even more crowded, I am sure there will still be complains. So no matter what he does, there will always be people who are unhappy. It is pretty easy to criticise when we are not the ones who advice/make the decisions. I personally feel it is fine to share our opinions getting personal and calling people brainless is a little too much.

We all have a mother, so chill boss Smile
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: Why CEO took train from Bishan to CCK when his office is near City Hall..   Why CEO took train from Bishan to CCK when his office is near City Hall.. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 4:06 pm

nutty88 wrote:
audi wrote:

If he is low profile, this news would not be made public liao.

in this case, what i meant low profile is: he's a CEO and he uses public transport. where can you find another CEO of a government business using public transport? unless you're a CEO of your own company, thats different. even if he doesnt own a car of his own, he is provided with company car.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why CEO took train from Bishan to CCK when his office is near City Hall..   Why CEO took train from Bishan to CCK when his office is near City Hall.. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why CEO took train from Bishan to CCK when his office is near City Hall..
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next